BMO and Ice King hit the road as door-to-door salesmen and stumble upon an irresistible opportunity.
- This episode features a title transition for the first time since season 2. However, it does not say "Adventure Time" and says "Potential Customer Time."
- The title is a play on the phrase: Always Be Closing, a motivational phrase used to describe a sales strategy.
- It is also a reference to Blake's (portrayed by Alec Baldwin) Always Be Closing speech in the 1992 film Glengarry Glen Ross.
- Before leaving, Ice King says "the iceman leaveth", a reference to the 1939 play The Iceman Cometh.
- There is a missing poster for Crunchy pasted on Tree Trunks' house, foreshadowing the reveal that Crunchy is Princess Bubblegum's Cousin Chicle, revealed in "Bonnibel Bubblegum," and has disappeared from the Candy Kingdom.