|"Bad Little Boy"|
| Season 5, episode 11|
|Airdate:|| Sneak peek: February 9, 2013|
Official: February 18, 2013
|Story:|| Patrick McHale|
| Written &|
| Cole Sanchez|
"Vault of Bones"
The princesses are sick and tired of Ice King’s crazy Fionna and Cake stories, so Marceline stops by the Ice Kingdom to show him how it’s done.
The episode begins with Doctor Prince running through the forest, holding the Enchiridion in his hand, mumbling "Oh no!" over and over again. It is revealed he is running from a gigantic Gunter, with Fionna and Cake riding on its head. Fionna commands Gunter to fire the laser cannon, which shoots from his mouth, knocking Doctor Prince to the ground. Cake congratulates Fionna and rewards her by feeding her a big ball of spaghetti. Doctor Prince recovers from the laser blast, claiming he's unharmed by the laser because he's a really strong guy and he remembered to take his "Doctor Pills" this morning, then retaliates by pulling a dolphin from a nearby tree and throwing it at Fionna and Cake, narrowly missing them.
Fionna and Cake jump down from the giant Gunter and demand the Enchiridion from Doctor Prince. He throws the book at them, but it turns out to be a bomb, which Fionna throws away moments before it explodes in a blast of confetti and streamers. As they stand around watching the confetti fall, the real Enchiridion opens in Doctor Prince's hands, and Ice King emerges from a flaming portal within. Slapping Doctor Prince across the face, Ice King chastises him, and demands that he leave and never do wrong things again. Doctor Prince agrees, and flicks a switch on his belt, activating a jetpack which sends him flying away.
Fionna and Cake rush over to thank the Ice King. He introduces himself and returns the Enchiridion to Fionna, which makes her so happy that she asks to be his best and closest friend. Ice King agrees and suggests they have a Best and Closest Friend Lunch, producing a tray of 'Mac & Cheezles' from behind his back, which elicits more compliments and hugs from Fionna and Cake. Ice King begins to cry, overwhelmed that they are real. Fionna tells Ice King not to be sad, as they're about to go on a space adventure together. They both hop on Cake's back and she flies off into space.
Suddenly, Slime Princess's voice interrupts the scene, asking the Ice King to stop as the story is terrible. The scene cuts to Ice King's castle, with Turtle Princess, Slime Princess, Wildberry Princess, and Toast Princess all in cages being forced to listen to Ice King's stories. They all complain about how bad the story is, and Wildberry Princess proposes that his story might be a new form of torture. Ice King defends his work, claiming that it's only a first draft, and that his story had everything: action, adventure, and a hot older guy. He then insinuates that Wildberry Princess should've enjoyed that part, as she has a thing for 'Silver Foxes' (older men). Wildberry looks at him with bewilderment and disgust as Ice King waggles his eyebrows at her repeatedly.
Slime Princess interrupts the awkward moment by suggesting that the story would be better if it were a little more like real life, or if there were more romance in the story, which all the other princesses agree with. Ice King refuses to listen to their suggestions, standing on his throne with his hands over his ears. Suddenly his robe is blown up over his face and he is lifted into the air and spun in circles by an unseen force, which also opens all of the princesses' cages. Ice King prays and apologises to Gob, believing him to be the cause of the mysterious actions. Marceline then appears floating beside him, startling him with a simple "Boo."
Marceline admits that she's been listening in on Ice King's story for a couple hours and she begrudgingly states his story was good, but thinks she could tell a better story.
Marceline's story begins with Fionna and Cake in their house, and BMO sitting against the wall with an apple on its head. Fionna tosses an axe at BMO, splitting the apple in half. Fionna says that she needs to do something with her day, as Prince Gumball's missions tend to be lame. She spins around and throws another axe at the wall, just as Prince Gumball arrives. The axe barely misses him, slicing his hair. He disregards the accident and offers Fionna a tray of cream puffs as a reward for her most recent mission, which Fionna politely declines.
A sudden noise startles Fionna and a blur passes through the house, stealing all of the cream puffs. Another noise is heard on the roof and Fionna goes to investigate in the rain, carrying an umbrella and Prince Gumball on her back and Cake under her hat. On top of the roof, Marshall Lee is playing his axe-bass, and casually says hello to Fionna and makes an exaggerated sarcastic greeting to Prince Gumball, taunting him while drinking the red from the jam of a stolen cream puff before throwing it in Prince Gumball's face. Prince Gumball retreats back inside while Fionna, Cake, and Marshall Lee (in his bat form) fly off to Lumpy Space Prince's party in the woods.
After arriving, they get on a stage as Marshall Lee prepares to sing a song for the crowd. Fionna sings along with him as Cake grows from under her hat, making Fionna's long hair tumble free as Cake takes Fionna's shape so she can dance with Marshall Lee. After Fionna puts her hat back on, Cake takes over singing as Fionna and Marshall Lee discuss whether Marshall Lee is bad or not, and why Fionna wants to spend time with him. Their discussion leads to playful fighting which gets a little too rough, causing Cake to step in and break it up. Marshall Lee dismisses Cake, shoving her off the stage into the bushes. Fionna rushes off angrily to check on Cake.
They both leave the party with Marshall Lee following behind, trying to get Fionna to come back, but his mistreatment of Cake is not something Fionna will put up with. Marshall Lee then grabs Cake from Fionna and flies off, to prove how much of a bad boy he is. Fionna catches up with him at a graveyard, where he summons an army of skeletons who help him fight Fionna and one to provide beatboxing for another song.
Fionna defeats the skeletons while a giant Cake and Marshall Lee's bat form fight with each other. Fionna rushes over and pulls Cake away from Marshall Lee, causing him to fall over onto a spear protruding from the ground. He reverts to his normal form, moaning in pain as the sun rises behind him, burning his skin. Cake provides shielding from the sun as Marshall Lee states that this is it for him, and asks for Fionna to admit that she loves him before he dies. Fionna tears up as she angrily accuses him of messing with her head even at a time like this, and demands that for however long they have left, that he stop messing around and be honest with her.
Startled, Marshall Lee sits up admitting that he wasn't actually dying, that the spear missed him and stabbed the stolen creampuffs under his shirt. Fionna punches Marshall Lee on the cheek, laughing and crying at the same time as she advances on him with her fists raised, while Marshall Lee is screaming in panic.
Marceline ends her story, with all of the princesses agreeing that it was a much better story than the Ice King's version. The Ice King states that it wasn't as good as his, demanding that everyone get out. He then wanders into the depths of his castle to a door sealed with a lock in the shape of Fionna's hat. Inside the room are stacks and piles of books surrounding over-sized ice sculptures of Fionna and Cake. The Ice King ends the episode by stating "I know you're out there somewhere. I just haven't figured out how but believe me, I will... I will..."
- Prince Gumball
- Doctor Prince
- Muscle Prince
- Female Wormo
- Tree Trunks With Mustache & Bow Tie
- Ms. Pig
- Lumpy Space Prince
- Candy People
- Female Marauders
- Skeleton Butterflies
- Slime Princess
- Wildberry Princess
- Turtle Princess
- Toast Princess
- Skeleton Army
- Gumball Guardian
- There are some new gender-swapped characters in this episode: Ms. Pig, a female marauder, Muscle Prince and Doctor Prince.
- It is revealed that Ice King has ice statues of Fionna and Cake and has several piles of books about them.
- If a viewer is to listen carefully to the preview, the instrumental version of "Good Little Girl" is playing in the background.
- The two song names in this episode "Good Little Girl" and "Bad Little Boy" are both lyrics in "Good Little Girl."
- Marshall's and Prince Gumball's reactions to each other reflect Princess Bubblegum's and Marceline's relationship, though Marceline was the one who created the story.
- The scene where Marshall Lee grabs Cake is similar to one of Natasha Allegri's artwork pieces.
- The title card shows Fionna with a doll of Gumball, Cake with a Fionna doll and Marshall with a doll of himself similar to a drawing posted on Natasha Allegri's tumblr.
- The promo art, on the other hand, also shows Fionna, without her hat, and Marshall Lee.
- This episode, like its preceding one, has not been released in France/Belgium, as there was nobody to do the voices of the new gender-swapped characters.
- Apparently, Ice King did not believe in Gob previous to this episode, although in "I Remember You," he referred to Grod.
- The title music plays when Ice King comes over and gives the book to Fionna saying "This book is yours."
- Based on Ice King's fanfiction, it is apparent that he knows about the Enchiridion and its role on heroes. Whether he had known this from Finn and Jake or remembers that he used to have it is unknown.
- In a sense, Marceline accomplishes what Ice King requires a fanfiction to be: action, adventure, a hot older guy, and Slime Princess's request for romance.
- The way Fionna slices the apple off of BMO's head with an axe resembles the legend of William Tell, who shoots an apple off his son's head with a crossbow.
- The gender-swapped version of Tree Trunks is seen doing a version of the "Knife Song" but with a Spoon and with his trunk.
- This is the second episode featuring gender-swapped fanfiction. The first was "Fionna and Cake."
- Gumball's mission of delivering flower chains to the Fluffy People, references the Fluffy Village and its inhabitants from the episode "Gut Grinder."
- In the crowd, the viewer can see what looks like the female version of Wormo and the Candy Tavern Bartender from "Apple Thief." Also,
- The same kind of opening sequence from "Fionna and Cake" was re-used.
- In the title card, Marshall Lee is holding a pink umbrella similar to Marceline's in "Henchman," except Marceline's is purple and the skull on top of it has horns.
- The confrontation between Fionna and Marshall Lee is a combination of Marceline's first two confrontations with Finn in "Evicted!" and "Henchman."
- Ice King misspelled Fionna's name in "The Fiona and Cake Saga" with "Fiona", though this might be another result of losing his sanity.
- The band on Toast Princesses's head disappears and reappears in a few frames.
- When Prince Gumball told Fionna he wanted to go back inside, his right sleeve is colored the same as his skin.
- In the part when Prince Gumball's face was zoomed in and agrees with Cake that it is wet outside, he is shown to have a slice mark on his hair even though he already fixed it.
- When Marshall Lee sings about himself at the cemetery, at the moment he says "Did you think I was lying?", two of his teeth were curved instead of sharp like they usually are.
- When Marshall Lee raises the dead, the one beatboxing atop the building has a headband on, but when it changes scenes, it no longer has it, and instead has a sword on its back.
- When Marshall Lee admits to faking being injured by a spear, he pulls the spear out, which was stabbed right through his body, showing that he actually was stabbed.
- There were some tapes near the stereo when Fionna and Marshall Lee arrived to the party, but when he sings the song, these are gone.
- Prince Gumball appears to have 3 gems on his sleeves and 2 additional gems on his crown in this episode, unlike in "Fionna and Cake," however, when Fionna is carrying him up the ladder and when he says "Ahem" he only has one gem on his crown; then when the camera goes to him again for his next line he has 3.
- When Cake says "Oh goodness...", her right hand (her only white limb) is gold, like her other limbs.
- When the episode aired on Teletoon in Canada, the Fionna & Cake intro was never seen. Instead, they aired the Finn & Jake intro.
- When the episode first aired in the Philippines, the Fionna & Cake intro was never seen. Instead, they aired the Finn & Jake intro.
- This episode was leaked online before its intended airdate.
- This is the final episode to have Larry Leichliter credited as director.
- This episode was aired as the 5th episode of season 5 in Cartoon Network Philippines.