|Age||300+ (at least one)|
|Introduced in||"Ricardio the Heart Guy"|
|Latest appearance||“Root Beer Guy"|
|Voiced by||Pendleton Ward|
Banana Guards are Candy People who guard Princess Bubblegum's Castle and Princess Bubblegum. The Banana Guards always appear in pairs prior to the episode "Princess Cookie," but due to their role in that episode, it's clear that there are a large number of banana guards that look identical to one another.
In "Apple Thief," Tree Trunks calls the Banana Guards to turn herself in for stealing her own apples. When one answers the phone it says "Banana Guard speaking," suggesting that they don't have individual titles. Two are dispatched to arrest Tree Trunks, one of which makes the observation "this place could use a scarecrow" leading Finn to solve the mystery of the missing apples.
In "Princess Cookie," some Banana Guards stand around Princess Bubblegum as if they are barricades and some are even laying on their sides for that purpose. One of the Banana Guards disguises himself as a horse to trick Princess Cookie into coming out in a ruse, saying he will be allowed to leave without repercussion. Later in the episode, a large squad of them is sent to capture Princess Cookie; the guards move quickly and with picturesque coordination. They also arrive at the scene of the cookie's attempted suicide and take pictures, presumably for evidence. This, in addition to their role in "Apple Thief," shows that they perform policing roles in the Candy Kingdom in addition to their job as guards.
They also maintain a cavalry force as seen in "Reign of Gunters." Their unusual mounts resemble pink jellybeans with two stereotypical woman's legs and wear red heel shoes.
Captain Banana Guard was their leader, whom Princess Bubblegum calls when she is about to send them into the hostage situation after Princess Cookie. His first actual appearance was in "One Last Job." He looks like a regular Banana Guard, although he has a moustache, duller skin color, and is topped with whipped cream instead of sugar cubes. He is voiced by Tom Kenny.
After the events in "Root Beer Guy", Princess Bubblegum declared Root Beer Guy the new leader of the Banana Guard (Captain) due to the fact he was able to solve the pseudo-crime perpetuated by Finn and Jake while the entire Banana Guard failed to do so.
The Banana Guards look like cut bananas with chocolate poured on top, along with some pieces of what appears to be sugar. They are taller than most characters as displayed when they tower over Princess Bubblegum. Their feet are popsicle sticks and they hold long bronze sticks topped with diamond-shaped gems that have similar color to the crystals on their head. While they look like popsicles, they are actually bananas that have popsicle stick legs. Early banana guards resembled green, unripe bananas.
- "Ricardio the Heart Guy"
- "The Duke"
- "Go With Me"
- "Too Young"
- "Wizard Battle"
- "Apple Thief"
- "From Bad to Worse"
- "No One Can Hear You"
- "Princess Cookie"
- "King Worm"
- "You Made Me"
- "Reign of Gunters"
- "Five More Short Graybles"
- "Little Dude"
- "Princess Potluck"
- "The Party's Over, Isla de Señorita"
- "One Last Job"
- "Another Five More Short Graybles"
- "Candy Streets" (mentioned)
- "Sky Witch"
- "Time Sandwich"
- "The Vault"
- “We Fixed a Truck"
- "Root Beer Guy"
- As there are no law enforcement vehicles with sirens in the Candy Kingdom, the Banana guards can be heard making the siren sounds themselves when responding to a call out.
- As shown in "One Last Job," it is forbidden for any Banana guard to eat any banana-based food products, as it is probably seen as cannibalism. Despite this, when Captain Banana guard is forced to try banana milk, he says that it is "delicious." He then sulks over the deliciousness.
- Braco used to appear as a humanoid banana guard, before he was mutated.
- When put under physical strain, they appear to perspire a chocolaty milk, suggesting the chocolate seemingly poured on top of them is actually a bodily secretion process, perhaps for the purpose of heat insulation and for protection from ultraviolet radiation, as the flavanoids in chocolate significantly reduce the effect of UV on the skin.
- In "Reign of Gunters," there appears to be a Banana Calvary consisting of Banana guards riding pink, armless, legged, candies wearing high heels.
- As seen in "Another Five More Short Graybles" the Banana Guards are not only the police but are also the fire fighters.
- There is a Female Banana Guard.