"Bonnibel Bubblegum" is the fourth episode in the ninth season of Adventure Time. It is the two hundred seventieth episode overall.
- Princess Bubblegum
- Great Uncle Gumbald/Punchy (flashback)
- Aunt Lolly/Manfried (flashback)
- Cousin Chicle/Crunchy (flashback)
- Neddy (flashback)
- Mr. Cream Puff (flashback)
- Science (cameo, flashback)
- Bonnie riding over the desert hills on a ox in post apocalyptic gear bears a striking resemblance to the opening of the movie Tank Girl. The horn like bumps on Bonnie's helmet are similar to the ones on Tank Girl's and both oxen are wearing pink and green goggles.
- In the beginning of the flashback, when young Bonnibel is riding through the wasteland on a yak/bull, it is similar to the first scene with Rey in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, when she is scavenging through Jakku.
- The silver goblet from "Always BMO Closing" reappears.
- The taffy tree field (which had previously been seen as a field of stumps in "Susan Strong" and "Reboot") is shown being cut down by Gumbald.
- The cabin that PB lived in from "Hot Diggity Doom" to "The Dark Cloud" also makes an appearance, along with Lake Butterscotch, whereupon their origins are revealed.
- Mr. Cream Puff was previously mentioned and shown to be PB's "boyfriend" in "Slumber Party Panic" and "The Vault."
- After being mentioned several times, Gumbald is finally introduced.
- Banana Guard 16's tale about Bubblegum from "The Thin Yellow Line" is proven to be exaggerated, but correct. He mentioned that "when the first candy people rose against her, she transformed them into hideous monsters." In reality, she transformed them into more simple-minded candy people.
- It's possible this is the reason Princess Bubblegum made the present candy people dumb - so what happened with Gumbald and the others won't happen again.
- The taffy tree field that Gumbald cuts down in the night is right in front of the early Candy Kingdom, while in its appearances in the present, the field is significantly farther away from the kingdom (at the entrance to the Hyoomen's hideout) than in the flashback.
- It is possible, however, that Bubblegum is simply remembering parts of the story incorrectly, as its also quite improbable that the 10 or so taffy trees Gumbald cut down were enough to build the entire cabin.