|Age||28 (in magical cat years)|
|Occupation|| Heroine |
|Relatives|| Fionna (Adoptive sister) |
Ice Queen (possible former owner)
|Introduced in||"Fionna and Cake"|
|Latest appearance||"Bad Little Boy"|
|Voiced by||Roz Ryan|
Cake the cat is the gender (and species) swapped version of Jake the dog in the Ice King's self-written fan-fictions, created by Adventure Time character designer Natasha Allegri and featured in the episodes "Fionna and Cake," "Bad Little Boy," and mentioned by the Ice King in "King Worm" and "Mystery Dungeon."
Cake travels with Fionna, and Lord Monochromicorn is her boyfriend. She has Stretchy Powers and can morph her body just like Jake. As a cat, she also possesses the ability to see in the dark. The fur on her tail stands on the end (or "frizzes out") when there is danger around or when she gets excited (e.g., when Lord Monochromicorn speaks to her).
She doesn't look much like Jake, aside from their body proportions. She has white eyes in which the black pupils become circular if surprised, excited, shocked, or scared. She has a cat muzzle and a small nose (compared to Jake's), cat ears, white fur with many coffee colored spots, and a large bushy tail. When Fionna and Cake race Prince Gumball, when Cake runs up the mountain, she has claws on her front paws. In the Fionna and Cake miniseries, Cake's eyes will go back to her original prototype blue color.
Fionna the human is Cake's best friend and adopted sister. She gives advice in dealing with Prince Gumball. She is very protective of Fionna.
Lord Monochromicorn is Cake's boyfriend. In Fionna and Cake she refers to him as "gorgeous" and gets excited when he responds (in morse code) by saying "Hey." He races her while carrying Prince Gumball.
Ice Queen has mixed feelings about Cake. According to some drawings, she is Cake's former owner.
Marshall Lee often messes with Cake, but they seem to be on good terms. Some official artwork made it seem as though Cake was afraid of him, but when they were show together in the episode "Bad Little Boy," she showed no fear towards him until he kidnapped her, and even after that, she quickly acted to shield him from the sun after he got injured, so their relationship seems to be a friendly one, similar to Jake and Marceline's relationship.
- Cake's name is a play on Jake's name and is also based on Natasha's cat, Pancake.
- Cake knows Morse Code because she can understand Lord Monochromicorn, similar to how Jake can understand Lady Rainicorn, who speaks Korean.
- She is voiced by Roz Ryan, who also voiced Bubbie in The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack.
- Fionna has taught Cake to change form on command, including a "morningstar mode," which is similar in appearance to and draws its name from a medieval Morning Star.
- Cake plays a hammered dulcimer, as opposed to a viola.
- In the same episode and certain artworks by Natasha Allegri, she seemed to hate getting wet, which is true for many cats.
- In the Tamil dubbing version episodes, Cake is male.
- Natasha Allegri created artwork which shows Cake and Ice Queen together in an affectionate setting. She states that Ice Queen raised Cake from a kitten; though, this sub-plot was not used in the "Fionna and Cake" episode.
- In the storyboards for "Fionna and Cake," she is seen to have jowls similar to Jake.
- In the Russian Dub, Cake was voiced by a male (also the voice of Ice King) and the other characters said "he." Also her name was translated literally and pronounced as "Pirozhok."
- Cake is the gender-swapped version of Jake, but she is unique among the gender-swapped characters in also being the 'opposite' species; if she was only gender-swapped, she would be a female dog.
- This goes along with Lord Monochromicorn.
- Cake is available as a suit in the Adventure Time game Flambo's Inferno.
- Like Jake's incarnate, Shoko's Tiger, Cake is a cat.
- In Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!, an ice robot version of Cake is fought as a boss alongside the Ice King and an ice robot version of Fionna.
|The full image gallery for Cake may be viewed at Cake/Gallery.|