|"What the cabbage?!"|
This article is nominated for deletion because
This page is full of conflicting edits and unverified information. Either it needs to be standardized and verified or removed.
Please voice your opinion on this talk page if you disagree, or help the Adventure Time Wiki by expanding it. Remember to check what links here and the page history before deleting.
Adventure Time has been heavily censored on non-American localizations of Cartoon Network. The censorship of this localization removes various scenes and statements in the show that may be deemed inappropriate for younger viewers. Although PAL acceleration (for frame rate issue) may have contributed to the shortened time, most of the censorship has been removed due to sexually suggestive innuendo. This includes episode titles that have been changed due to the censorship.
The censorship may have been performed by Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific, the owner of Cartoon Network channels in Asia and Oceania. There are some instances where the closed captions still retain some of the dialogue that was removed.
This censorship does not carry over to other channels as episodes are currently being aired in Australia on GO! uncensored. Also, like other series that were originally censored on Cartoon Network Australia, the DVD version of Adventure Time has been released uncensored by Madman Entertainment with a PG rating.
Slumber Party Panic
- Main article: Slumber Party Panic
- Princess Bubblegum mentioning that she used to date Mr. Cream Puff was cut out.
- Princess Bubblegum saying "You promised you wouldn't freakin' tell anyone!" in Finn's face was changed to "You promised you wouldn't tell anyone!" in Cartoon Network Philippines.
- Shaved time: 3.6 seconds (excluding Cartoon Network Philippines)
Trouble in Lumpy Space
- Main article: Trouble in Lumpy Space
This episode has the most edited content, but "Storytelling" has the most shaved time.
- At the beginning, when everybody was at the Mallow Tea Party, Finn said, "Princess, this tea party sucks in a big way. But thanks for the invite." The word "sucks" has been muted, so the line says, "Princess, this tea party....in a big way! But thanks for the invite."
- "Make Out" from "Make-Out Point" has been blocked out, making it "The Point."
- Any sexual references were cut out of the episode, such as Melissa saying "L.S.P., you're so bad..."
- The part when Monty says, "Why are you sucking up to us?" was cut.
- The sentence said by Lumpy Space Princess, "I'm really really sorry Finn, but I can't help you, because my parents are horrible idiots!" was edited, leaving, "I'm really really sorry Finn, but I can't help you."
- The other sentence said by Lumpy Space Princess, "My friend Melissa has a car, but she's dating my ex-boyfriend Brad." was edited to, "My friend Melissa has a car."
- This sentence was changed from, "Melissa, you should totally drive us to Make-Out Point, to make out with hot boys." to "Melissa, you should drive us to The Point, to..."
- The sentence was changed from, "Yeah, lumpiness sucks!" to "Yeah, lumpiness."
- The sentence was changed from, "This orb is the antidote, brah." to "This orb is the antidote.," because "brah" sounds like the homophone "bra."
- Finn saying "Slam-a-cow!" was cut out.
- Monty saying "Jam on, man." was changed to "On, man." because the Cartoon Network executives thought "Jam on" meant something sexual. This wasn't censored on Cartoon Network Asia.
- Lumpy Space Princess saying "Shucks!" was cut as well.
- Shaved time: 13.9 seconds
Prisoners of Love
- Main article: Prisoners of Love
- "Sleds are for suckers!" was cut out.
- Finn and Jake arguing about the context that "sexy hot" is used in was cut.
- "I try to be such a good husband for girls." was cut.
- Shaved time: 17.5 seconds
- Main article: Tree Trunks (episode)
- Tree Trunks mentioning seducing the Brain Beast and Finn talking to her about it were cut in Australia.
- Tree Trunks saying "I'm the sexiest adventurer" was also removed.
- Shaved time: 17.1 seconds
- Main article: The Enchiridion! (episode)
- The Heart Beast exploding and blood splattering all over the screen was cut.
- Finn kicking the Dark Magician in the groin was edited, so when Finn's foot struck him, it would cut to a close-up of Finn's head shouting, "NEVER!" and the smoke dissipating after Finn kicked him. The clip of Finn's head was taken from the scene a few seconds later when Finn punches Key-per.
- Mannish referencing Finn's "nard-kicking ability" was edited, so it would say "kicking ability."
- The Adventure Time logo at the end was cut in Australia, likely because of the non-sequitur war sound effects in the background.
- Shaved time: 5 seconds
- Main article: The Jiggler
- Some of the Baby song was edited in Australia, such as "I gotta tuck you in, girl."
- Any scene with the torn picture of the nude woman was zoomed into Finn, Jake and the Jiggler.
- This was done despite the fact that the creators of Adventure Time revealed the supposed nude woman was just wearing a faulty bikini, and it was only pure coincidence that the watercolor was damaged.
- Shaved time: 2.75 seconds
Ricardio the Heart Guy
- Main article: Ricardio the Heart Guy
- The whole scene where Ice King accidentally kisses Jake's butt was cut. However, the scene in which Jake talks to Finn about how he wants Princess Bubblegum to kiss him as the Ice King did with Jake's butt was not cut, making it a rather confusing scene.
- Surprisingly, when "Ricardio the Heart Guy" first aired in Australia, that scene wasn't cut. However, the censors must have recognized the (supposed by them) sexual reference in Jake's butt and quickly "patched up" the episode to make it cleaner.
- The word "patoot" was cut as well.
- Ricardio revealing his plans about ripping out Princess Bubblegum's heart and making out with it was cut except CN Asia.
- Shaved time: 16.5 seconds
My Two Favorite People
- Main article: My Two Favorite People
- Lady Rainicorn only says "Come on my darling" to Jake, instead of the full line, "Come on my darling, wrap your legs around me." when she first wears the translator.
- The scene where Jake says "No, you go ahead and you have fun with my girlfriend!" was changed to "No, you go ahead!"
- In Cartoon Network Asia, the scene were Tiffany takes out a knife was cut.
- Shaved time: approx. 6 seconds. (excluding Cartoon Network Asia)
Memories of Boom Boom Mountain
- Main article: Memories of Boom Boom Mountain
- The guy hitting the other guy over the head with a cup at the beginning of the episode was cut.
- "No, it's raunchy and maddening! Oh, all those men and their disgusting, fantastic bodies!" was changed only to "No!" because kids might find that context confusing.
- "...like a cherub with his bottom out." was cut as well. This wasn't censored on Cartoon Network Asia.
- During the October 12, 2013 airing of this episode, the first "Boom-Boom" flashback was entirely cut out.
- Shaved time: 10.7 seconds
- Main article: Wizard (episode)
- Near the end of the episode when Finn and Jake were listening to the skeleton man after their clothes were disintegrated, the camera was zoomed into the skeleton man, presumably so no one could see Finn's bottom.
- Shaved time: 0 seconds
- Main article: Evicted!
- Marceline's phrase of "I carved it into this tree years ago, before you two rascals started squatting in it." was changed to "I carved it into this tree years ago, before you two started squatting in it."
- Apparently, the edit was choppy and obvious, due to the fact that Marceline's head faced Finn quickly.
- The scene where Marceline appears in the window and scares Finn was cut to after she taps on the window, Finn squints and screams.
- When Cartoon Network Philippines aired this episode the scene where Marceline was hula-hooping in the Fire Kingdom was cut.
- Also the close-up of Marceline hissing at the light was cut.
- Shaved time: approx. 0.12 seconds
The Witch's Garden
- Main article: The Witch's Garden (episode)
- "Which one of you mortals wants to mate with all this?" by Gary was cut.
- All scenes with Jake manipulating his chest while in the man-baby body were cut.
- Shaved time: 5.62 seconds
What is Life?
- Main article: What is Life?
- The captions in the book for different objects were cut out for unknown reasons.
- "And I know just the dumbhole who can give us some." was changed to the sentence "And I know who can give us some."
- The words "private particles" were cut, as it was feared to be a reference to the Ice King's crotch.
- The phrase "You can mate with robot princesses!" was cut.
- Shaved time: 6.8 seconds
When Wedding Bells Thaw
- Main article: When Wedding Bells Thaw
- In the wedding scene, the sentence, "Y'know, even though the Ice King is a wad, I'm still happy for him." was edited to "I'm still happy for him."
- "And to think I was happy for that son of a toot!" was cut.
- Shaved time: 5.4 seconds
- Main article: Freak City (episode)
- The two-headed monster saying "Our crotch! Our evil crotch!" was cut to say, "Ow!" That only this scene was edited, while Cartoon Network Australia left in words that are normally censored, such as "sucks," "nuts," "freak," and "jerk" suggests inconsistency in the censoring of episodes.
- Shaved time: 2.5 seconds
- Main article: Henchman
- The scene that would appear to be Marceline biting the red bow tie man in the neck was edited, so that only Finn saying "Noooo!" in the next scene could be seen.
- Marceline asking Finn if he was thinking the white bow tie "sorta" looked like a bra was cut as well.
- Marceline's Fisherman Song only included "You look so cute, sitting in your boat..." instead of the other lyrics, "I wanna suck out your eyeballs and rip out your throat."
- Finn saying that he was going to murder the Dimple Plant Monster was cut.
- The short scene when Finn cut the Dimple Plant's arm was cut as well. However, in Cartoon Network Asia, this scene wasn't cut.
- The line "I saved my bro from a scum-sucking vampire!" was removed entirely.
- Marceline trying to scare Jake was cut in Cartoon Network Philippines.
- Shaved time: 32.5 seconds (excluding Cartoon Network Philippines)
- Main article: Dungeon (episode)
- The scene where the demon cat is telling Finn that he will munch on his eyeballs, unzip his skin and wear him 'like a little coat' and do other torturing things was cut out.
- The Key Song was modified, removing "I want to have your baby."
- The Guardian Angel telling Finn that she will cook him and eat his flesh was cut except Cartoon Network Asia.
- Shaved time: 22 seconds
- Main article: The Duke
- "I should have asked if these were like, her eggs or something." was cut.
- "You son of a bleep-blob!" was cut.
- "I have something sucky to confess." to "I have something to confess."
- "Aw, shucks." was cut.
- Shaved time: 10.8 seconds
- Main article: Donny (episode)
- Donny shoving the chicken into the mailbox in the beginning scene, then the close-up of him squeezing the eggs out of it was cut.
- "Maybe you'd wanna hang out with a couple of rascals like me and Jake." was changed to "Maybe you'd wanna hang out with me and Jake."
- Shaved time: 7.2 seconds
Rainy Day Daydream
- Main article: Rainy Day Daydream
- "Whoa, I've never seen a knife storm before. It's beautiful..." was simply edited to only say "Whoa..." However, on one of the airings, the whole line was kept in.
- Finn and Jake using the bucket elevator to get to the attic while barely dodging the knives was cut.
- "Dang, girl. If you weren't a figment of my imagination, I'd want to have your baby." was cut.
- Finn's phrase "Oh, see dude? You SUCK now! Crap, it's your imagination. You need that thing" was edited. The "Oh see dude? You suck now!" part was cut out, and the word "crap" was changed to "cripes". So the line is "Cripes! It's your imagination. You need that thing." This wasn't censored on Cartoon Network Asia.
- approx. 13.5 sec.
What Have You Done?
- Main article: What Have You Done?
- The quote by the Ice King, "I think I heard the word 'virile' in there." was cut out.
- Shaved time: approx. 4 seconds
- Main article: His Hero
- "His Hero" is believed by Adventure Time fans to have been refused to be aired on Cartoon Network Australia because of the plot (perhaps) promoting violence. (However, its Filipino-dubbed version is aired on Philippine local channel block, "TV5 presents Cartoon Network")
- Shaved time: 11 minutes and 0.8 seconds
- Main article: Gut Grinder (episode)
- The part where Sharon says that she thinks Jake is "hot" was cut out of Australian viewing for sexual references.
- Shaved time: 2.5 seconds
It Came from the Nightosphere
- Main article: It Came from the Nightosphere
- Marceline explaining what she would do to her father once she got her bass guitar back was cut.
- The leader of the Marauders appearing in his short cameo scene saying, "Then I popped his head like a cork, and then I said, 'That's what I think about the expanding earth theory!'" was edited to not include the part about the cork, only to be covered up with normal bird chirping.
- A Fuzzy Friend saying "Who the fluff are you?" has been cut. In Cartoon Network Asia, it was cut to just "Who are you?"
- Shaved time: 5.7 seconds
- Main article: The Eyes
- "Poo Brain means we can lure it away with music." was changed to "It means we can lure it away with music."
- On a similar note, "Everything brainless loves music!" was changed to "Everything loves music!"
- Shaved time: approx. 2.3 seconds
Loyalty to the King
- Main article: Loyalty to the King
- All of the comments made by the Nice King about him liking smooth princesses was cut.
- Shaved time: 7.6 seconds
Blood Under the Skin
- Main article: Blood Under the Skin
- Nearly all scenes of people in the Swamp of Embarrassment were censored, except for their faces.
- The Ghost giving demonstrations of Dropball were cut, making it look like Finn and Jake are ignoring the Ghost Man and proceeding to the Magic Armor while he teaches his technique. Drop Ball is a game that involves picking up a ball using your butt without dropping the ball. See the Drop Ball article for more details of the game.
- Any sentence that contains the word "pervert" were cut.
- Shaved time: 59.2 seconds
- Main article: Storytelling
Even though "Trouble in Lumpy Space" has the most edited content ever documented, "Storytelling" has the most shaved time (without having to remove the whole episode).
- The entire scene where Finn was trying to convince Boobafina and Mr. Fox to kiss and then forcing them to kiss was cut. This is the longest scene that has ever been censored in Adventure Time.
- Finn being mauled and hit over the head with a club was cut.
- Shaved time: 2 minutes and 42.35 seconds
- Main article: Slow Love
- The scene where the grain of salt burns Snorlock's face was cut out, except when he tips over the tree fort he uses as a shell.
- The scene where Snorlock and the Slug Lady were kissing near the Tree Fort and BMO being covered by slime were cut as well. However, a slight noise from the original scene is heard right before the episode ends.
- When Jake says "I'm just thinking about mating with snails." was cut to say "I'm just thinking about snails."
- When Snorlock says "I'll mate with you!" was cut to say "Are you thinking about me?"
- The first snail lady poking out her breasts was cut.
- Shaved time: 27.1 seconds
- Main article: Power Animal
- "...with sexy, foot dancing!" was changed to "...with dancing!" Strangely, the pole dancing scene was left uncut.
- Shaved time: approx. 1.6 seconds
Crystals Have Power
- Main article: Crystals Have Power
- The part when Finn and Jake are doing "Round 2" of "Tough Boys Contest," when Jake pinches and twists Finn's nipple was censored, replacing "Round 3" with "Round 2," leaving 2 rounds of the contest.
- Tree Trunk's voice saying "Get your hands off my lover!" was changed to "Get your hands off!."
- Tree Trunks saying that she was the sexy crystal queen was cut.
- Shaved time: TBA
To Cut a Woman's Hair
- Main article: To Cut a Woman's Hair
- Jake saying "Kissing Princess Bubblegum on the mouth!" was changed to "Kissing Princess Bubblegum on the..." before he was interrupted by Finn.
- Finn spitting apples into the baby bird's mouth was cut.
- The Tree Witch mentioning her "bottomless bottom" was cut.
- "*sigh* I can't do it. You're gonna have to spend the rest of your life in this witch's butt." was cut to "*sigh* I can't do it."
- Shaved time: 4.8 seconds
The Chamber of Frozen Blades
- Main article: The Chamber of Frozen Blades
- Any scene with the posters Bikini Assassin and 5 Knuckle Romance was zoomed into Finn and Jake.
- Shaved time: None
- Main article: Her Parents
- Ethel mentioning Jake dating Lady Rainicorn was cut.
- The part where Ethel springs Finn during the rainicorn games was cut.
- Shaved time: 3.2 seconds
The Silent King
- Main article: The Silent King
- In the riot scene, where the goblin hits his hand with a hammer was shortened to not include the hammer.
- Shaved time: 1.3 seconds
- Main article: Mystery Train
- Finn yelling "Son of a--," followed by the train whistle going off, was cut to just the train whistle. However, it wasn't censored the first time it aired.
Go With Me
- Main article: Go With Me
- Jake educating Finn on kissing was cut.
- When Finn held Marceline tighter before they flew off was cut in Cartoon Network Asia.
- At the end, when the Candy People were kissing at the movies, that scene was cut.
- When Marceline said "But no tongue" was cut.
- This episode was originally rated PG-D but was later changed to PG
- Shaved time: 25.5 seconds
- Main article: The Limit
- Jake showing pain while the baby scorpions stung him was cut.
- Jake and Finn's song, the "makin' babies" part was cut out.
- Shaved time: 1.9 seconds
- Main article: Video Makers
- Anyone mentioning the word "smooching" had their dialogue changed, such as, "No, not all. We should throw away the parts where Slime Princess was smoochin'. That was dumb." to "No, not at all. That was dumb.," and "No! No smooching! Cut!" was changed to "No! No! Cut!"
- Shaved time: 4 seconds
- Main article: Mortal Folly
- Ice King showing Finn and Jake the writings of Princess Bubblegum's name on his legs was cut.
- "I'm sorry I hit you in the ball." was cut to "I'm sorry I hit you-" and Finn showing affection to the gauntlet was cut.
- The Lich hushing Finn was cut in Cartoon Network Asia.
- Close up version of Finn forcing the "like like" sweater, pulling it, and the breaking the Lich's face was cut.
- Shaved Time: 6.1 seconds (excluding Cartoon Network Asia)
- Main article: Mortal Recoil
- Finn naming the several things that he got for Princess Bubblegum while she was possessed by the Lich (gasoline, lighter fluid, bleach, ammonia, plutonium) was taken away, possibly to stop juveniles from making a mixture of it and drinking it in attempt to imitate Princess Bubblegum.
- Shaved time: 4.6 seconds
Conquest of Cuteness
- Main article: Conquest of Cuteness
- Jake saying that ketchup tastes better than blood, then asking Finn about it was cut.
- Jake saying "I love you, Everything Burrito." was edited to "I love you, everything." (Season 3 promo commercial only)
- Shaved time: 6.4 seconds
Memory of a Memory
- Main article: Memory of a Memory
- Cartoon Network Australia limited Marceline's kicks to Ash's head from multiple to one, to cut out the dialogue of his statement that he became blind.
- Shaved time: 5.6 seconds
- Main article: Hitman
- Any phrase that has the word "butt" was cut out, especially in the end when Ice King tells Finn and Jake (while they're frozen), that they're "grounded under his butt", making it rather confusing to make the episode end with just Ice King climbing on top of Finn and Jake.
- Main article: Too Young
- After Finn called Jake to deliver the status, the sentence "Alright, I'm 13, she's 13. Have fun. Be yourself." was changed to "Alright, I'm 13, she's 13. Be yourself."
- Princess Bubblegum saying "You're so spice!" was cut.
- The Earl of Lemongrab hitting his head on the ground after falling out of the window was cut.
- Princess Bubblegum kissing Finn right when she turns 18 again was cut that only shown they are hugging.
- Jake talking about how to get Princess Bubblegum was edited, to remove the part about having to kiss the princess.
- Shaved time: 7.3 seconds
- Main article: The Monster
- Any full shots of the dead horse were cut.
- Lumpy Space Princess going into any detail with Jessica cheating on Tony was cut.
- Main article: Still
- When Ice King was imitating Finn, the phrase "Let's have babies, princess, and let's teach them to be good babies!" was cut.
- Ice King putting his foot in the pan and saying, "I don't want to use too much foot. It'll overpower the eggs. Take it away from the omelet," was cut as well.
- Shaved Time: 10.4 seconds
- Main article: Wizard Battle
- "A kiss... from Princess Bubblegum... on the mouth!" was changed to "A kiss... from Princess Bubblegum!"
- "Is it an open-mouth kiss?" was cut.
- "...so our lips wouldn't touch." was removed.
- The scene where Magic Fist (Finn and Jake) and Abracadaniel are running through the arena barely missing projectiles fired from the enemy wizards was cut, to not show the Naked Wizard's butt.
- Ice King saying "I can already taste those lips." was changed to "I can already taste those sweet Bubblegum!" (in Cartoon Network Philippines) and gesturing at his mouth while his tongue swirled around was cut.
- During the Ultimate Prize Song, "Never in your freakin' life..." was changed to "Never in your life..."
Fionna and Cake
- Main article: Fionna and Cake
- Fionna's "I'm gonna kick your butt! Not that I was thinking of butts..." was omitted.
- Fionna's line "Ice King is the hottest hottie!" was changed to "Ice King is the hottest!"
- Ice King mentioning kissing at the end of the fan-fiction was edited.
- Prince Gumball unbuttoning his shirt was removed from this episode because of sexual purposes.(But it was never censored in Cartoon network Philippines for some reason).
What Was Missing
- Main article: What was Missing
- Marceline spitting on Princess Bubblegum's shoulder was cut. This was also done in Cartoon Network UK, and in Cartoon Network Portugal.
- In Cartoon Network Australia, Marceline turning giant and rampaging at Finn, Jake and Princess Bubblegum was cut the first few times this episode aired (not including the first time).
- Main article: Apple Thief
- One of the Candy People stabbing his hand with a spoon was cut.
- Finn dropping the glass on the ground was cut as well.
- Shaved time: 4.3 seconds
- Main article: Beautopia
- Most of the scenes where Finn was drowning was removed, making its censorship obvious with its sudden dialogue and music changes.
- The close-up of Jake's "The Birth of Venus" mold was cut.
- Shaved time: 7.7 seconds
When this episode was on Cartoon Network Australia, it only aired as a Halloween special, due to the episode being too inappropriate. However, some Adventure Time commercials on Cartoon Network Asia show a scene from this episode, even though the episode has been refused to be aired there.
No One Can Hear You
- Main article: No One Can Hear You
- The deer breaking Finn's legs was cut.
- Shaved time: 3.5 seconds
- Main article: Thank You
- The Snow Golem feeding the Fire Wolf Pup with a screaming cow was cut.(It was never censored in Cartoon Network Philippines).
- Shaved time: 10.7 seconds
Jake Vs. Me-Mow
This episode has been refused to be aired on Cartoon Network Australia because this episode contains assassination plots and themes which is deemed inappropriate for younger viewers. However, some Adventure Time commercials on Cartoon Network Asia show a scene from this episode, even though the episode has been refused to be aired there.
Holly Jolly Secrets Part I
- Main article: Holly Jolly Secrets Part I
- "Holly Jolly Secrets Part I" has been refused to be aired on Cartoon Network Australia, supposedly because the implemented air date did not comply with the month, because it is a Christmas-themed episode. Cartoon Network Asia still aired this episode, even for the first time.
...to be added...
Holly Jolly Secrets Part II
- Main article: Holly Jolly Secrets Part II
- "Holly Jolly Secrets Part II" has been refused to be aired on Cartoon Network Australia, supposedly because the implemented air date did not comply with the month, because it is a Christmas-themed episode, like its preceding episode. Cartoon Network Asia still aired this episode, even for the first time.
...to be added...
Update: Holly Jolly Secrets Part 1 and 2 have been aired in Australia as of December 2012 and are uncensored.
- Main article: Marceline's Closet
- The whole scene where Finn is inside Marceline's bathroom and he accidentally sees Marceline naked was cut out, except for the part where his face was on the ground and the dramatic face he pulls when it closes up to it.
- Main article: Ghost Princess (episode)
- "Ghost Princess" has been refused to be aired on Cartoon Network Australia because of hints of murder, on-screen death and sexual themes. It also has supernatural themes which are deemed to be unacceptable.
...to be added....
- Main article: Dad's Dungeon
- The spell "Kee Oth Rama Pancake" was changed to "Kee Oth Pancake", for some reason.
- The scene where the Fruit Witches ripped the giant apple to a core and chased Finn and Jake was cut, to not include all of the core. This was done because it was feared that it might scare young children.
- Finn stabbing the monster's hand with the Family Sword, leading to the line "This message it's for you!" in Joshua's Final Message Remix to not be included. This was censored in both the Philippines and Australia.
- The demon at the end saying "By demon law, I will cut off your love handles!" was cut.
- ...to be added...
- Main article: Incendium
- In Cartoon Network Australia, Flambo saying "And she's way hot." was changed to "And she's way..." .
- In Cartoon Network UK and Australia, Flambo spitting on Jake when he cast flame shield was cut. Although the scorch mark on Jakes forehead is still shown.
- Jake's Finn clone strangling him was cut, including Jake dramatically running out of air.
- Finn kicking out the window and breaking it was cut.
- ...to be added...
Hot to the Touch
- Main article: Hot to the Touch
- The scene when Finn's foot got burnt from Flame Princess' fire was cut.
- Finn stomping Flame Princess' fire was cut.
- Jake saying "I feel like I could touch the heavens, and sock angels..." was changed to "I feel like I could touch the heavens..."
- In the part where Jake is asking Finn to choose, "Your love for that screwball dame" was changed to "Your love for that dame" because "screwball" incites nudity.
- The part where Finn said "I can't fight her, man. I'm still into her." was changed to "I can't fight her, man."
- ..to be added...
Dream of Love
- Main article: Dream of Love
This episode has been refused to be aired in Cartoon Network Asia, (but after a few years, it aired in Cartoon Network Philippines), because it has too many sexual references. However, Cartoon Network Australia let it be aired with only some scenes censored.
- Finn saying "Why don't you just hide in your house?" was cut. Instead, he said "Why don't you two just get married?"
- Tree Trunks and Mr. Pig french kissing was cut.
Daddy's Little Monster
- Main article: Daddy's Little Monster
- The scene when Marceline is about to destroy the half of the body of the demon was cut.
- The scene when Marceline said,"Dad, that sucks" was cut.
- Main article: Hug Wolf
- The antelope saying "Uh... I have a wife." was deleted.
Princess Monster Wife
- Main article: Princess Monster Wife
- In Cartoon Network Philippines, when the Ice King says to Princess Monster Wife "Here's the picture of Slime princess' bottom," it was cut, due to the line sounding inappropriate.
- When Ice King is singing Let Me Show You Something Special, he didn't say "I can introduce your parts to something new" was cut.
Beyond this Earthly Realm
- Main article: Beyond this Earthly Realm
- The quotes "Yeah, I want it for my sacred bathroom" and "Let's go flush it in our sacred bathroom" were cut to "Yeah, I want it for my bathroom" and "Let's go flush it in the(-ed) bathroom." (the -ed(the left out cut scene for sacred) sounded like 'the') The cut scene is obvious because of a sudden voice tone change. The word "sacred" was cut for an unknown reason. Religious words are one of the reasons why it is censored.
- Main article: Gotcha!
This episode has been refused to be aired in Cartoon Network Asia, because it has too many sexual references. However, Cartoon Network Australia let it be aired with only some scenes censored.
- The scene between the parts where the Mirror Finn walked forward and when Lumpy Space Princess said "Oh, lump" was cut.
- In the scene when Finn was throwing rocks in the Loch of Phantoms to find the safe way, Lumpy Space Princess makes her dress strap fall to seduce Finn and saying, "Oh, my orange juice is coming out" was cut.
- In another scene when Finn, Jake and Lumpy Space Princess were in the cave, Lumpy Space Princess was trying to remove her dress while saying "Finn, my dress is slipping." was cut.
- After Finn told Lumpy Space Princess to be careful, Lumpy Space Princess was throwing her dress into the portal while also saying "Wooo, my dress." was cut.
Main article: Burning Low
- In the first few airings of this episode, the scene with Finn kissing Flame Princess was cut. The episode started being shown uncensored, due to its importance to the plot.
Lady & Peebles
- Main article: Lady & Peebles
- Ricardio stepping on Ice King and saying "Silence, Simon!" was cut.
All the Little People
- Main article: All the Little People
- Finn showing Jake mini-Turtle Princess spanking mini-Xergiok the first time was cut.
- In the Philippines, mini-Marceline almost completely destroying mini-Pepermint Butler and mini-Turtle Princess spanking mini-Xergiok violently were cut in subsequent airings of the episodes.
Simon & Marcy
- Main article: Simon & Marcy
- Every time Simon says "Mother--", it's been cut out or muted.(But not in Cartoon Network Philippines).
A Glitch is a Glitch
- Main article: A Glitch is a Glitch
- The part where Princess Bubblegum's hand and Jake's arm kissing was cut.
- Main article: Princess Potluck
- The episode's beginning scene was cut:
Finn and Jake are walking towards the Princess Potluck. Finn complains that his callus on his ankle, due to his missing sock, is going to ruin his fun and the party. Jake assures him that they will have tons of fun, and that he will get compliments on his make-up. Finn says he looks like a target, after which an arrow whizzes behind Jake's head from somewhere off-screen. The two arrive and Finn gets excited about a bounce house, which turns out to be Bounce House Princess. She invites him in, but he declines. After greeting Princess Princess Princess, Embryo Princess, and Skeleton Princess, whom Finn does not seem to know, they approach Princess Bubblegum. She welcomes them and asks Finn about his leg, who explains that he cannot find his sock and got the shoe rash.
- This was uncut in subsequent airings in the Philippines and Australia.
James Baxter the Horse
- Main article: James Baxter the Horse
- The episode's beginning scene was cut:
BMO opens the door of the Tree Fort while carrying an egg, singing a song about being pregnant as it is walking along. It holds the egg up in the air, but a butterfly accidentally knocks it down and breaks it, making BMO cry.
The Party's Over, Isla de Senorita
- Main article: The Party's Over, Isla de Señorita
- The episode's beginning scene was cut:
It was morning time in the Candy Kingdom, and the scene starts in the quiet bedroom of a sleeping Princess Bubblegum. Ice King crawls out from under her bed and takes out a roll of duct tape. After commenting that she looks beautiful when she is sleeping, he puts duct tape over Princess Bubblegum's mouth, causing her to immediately wake up with a muffled protest.
- Main article: Shh!
This episode used to not air in Cartoon Network Australia, most likely because of the Bikini Babes, whom the editors thought they were just practically naked. It didn't air until May 14, 2014.
- The Armen Mirzaian dedication was cut as in the USA.
- Main article: The Suitor
This episode didn't air in Cartoon Network Australia due to the episode's Sexual themes which may not be suitable to any viewers.
Another Five More Short Graybles
- Main article: Another Five More Short Graybles
- Lemongrab 2 being swallowed up by Lemongrab 1, while screaming "THE END!! MY END!!!" was cut as in Latin America. However, when Lemongrab 2 gets swallowed up again in "Too Old", it wasn't censored, probably due to its importance to the plot.
Wizards Only, Fools
Main article: Wizards Only, Fools
- Some of tape recorder recorded was cut.
- Abracadaniel's phrase before the stabbing was cut.
Frost & Fire
- Main article: Frost & Fire
- Every time Ice King's tunic gets lifted, it's been slightly or entirely cut out.
- In Finn's dreams, some of the scenes that show his groin getting burned or frozen were shortened.
- In Finn's last dream where Flame Princess sets Finn ablaze, the whole scene is cut until where the cosmic owl says "You blew it."
- Main article: The Vault
- The Bath Boy Leader's threat, "Pretend my finger's a knife," was cut.
- Main article: Dungeon Train (episode)
- Finn slicing the rock monsters with his magical sword while shouting "DIE!! DIE!! DIE!! DIE!!" was muted.
- Main article: Love Games
This episode didn't air in Cartoon Network Australia and Cartoon Network Philippines due to the episode's Sexual themes which may not be suitable to any viewers.
- Main article: Box Prince (episode)
- This scene from the episode was cut:
Jake: Oh, one of these will do nicely.
BMO: You'll put cards in your mouth?!
Jake: Just the edge, kid, then I'll work it like a pro. Now, to find the card that best suits my devil-may-care personality.
Main article: Red Starved
- Marceline biting Princess Bubblegum's face was cut.
Main Article: The Pit
- Kee-Oth sucking Jake's blood was cut.
- This made it look like Kee-Oth is disgusted over nothing and rather confusing when he said Jake's blood is harsh.
- Strangely, Jake's blood turning into a hat and the blood flying back to Jake(after Kee-Oth was finished) wasn't cut.
- Jake's whole video of him on a towel and removing it along with Finn and Lady's reaction was cut.
Main article: Bad Timing
- The scene when LSP lights a Molotov cocktail and throws it into the castle was cut because of the illegal act of vandalism.
- The rest of the scene after everyone exits the cells was cut.
Lemonhope Part 1
Main article: Lemonhope Part 1
- From Lemongrab screaming "I'm going to eat you!" to Lemongrab yelling "I did it!!" was cut
- In the ending when Lemonhope eventually catches on fire was cut.
Main article: Wake Up
- Prismo's death scene was cut.
- The scene was cut up to where he was turned into ash.
- Possible reason's are because of on-screen death or disgusting graphic nature which included body disintegration.
- The scene was cut up to where he was turned into ash.
Escape From The Citadel
Main article: Escape from the Citadel
- Almost every scene where Martin's leg was injured, the screen zoomed to Finn and Jake to remove the sight of his torn off leg flesh due to its disgusting graphic nature.
- The scene where the beam from the dying crystal guardian burns Martin's leg to the bone was cut.
- The scene when Martin's leg was healing with the blood of the guardian was fastened and cut until it was healed.
- The Lich transforming to humanoid baby was cut until The Lich fell onto the ground.
- The scene when Finn got his arm amputated while holding on the pipe was cut.
- Finn struggling and his grass sword blowing up was also cut due to its extreme intensity.
Main article: James II
- This episode has been refused to air on Cartoon Network Australia (but not Cartoon Network Asia), due to its sacrificial moments and plot.
- Some examples are when James falls of the cliff and the Banana Guard stabbing himself.
- However, just like "The Creeps," it only airs as a Halloween special, starting from Halloween 2014.
- In the Philippines, the word "asexually" was cut.
- Also, Finn kicking the candy orphan was cut.
Main article: The Tower
- The whole "Baby's Building a Tower into Space" song was changed to an instrumental version without any singing.
- There was only one instance where the chorus was sung once to include the Fawn shrieking.
- When Finn sang the third verse, The Australian censored version still played the instrumental version and erased Finn's mouth putting a edited drawn line over it to make it seem like Finn wasn't singing it.
- The reason this was censored was because of its violent lyrics about tearing off someone's arm.
- In the Philippines, the chorus still plays in the episode.
Main article: Food Chain
- Finn throwing up after he eats the caterpillar was cut.
- "Erin: That's beautiful, Finn! But when we're bacteria, I might see other people!" was cut. In the Philippines only "That's Beautiful Finn" wasn't cut.
- The part near the end where Finn was throwing up worms on the table was slightly cut.
Main article: Breezy
- Finn kissing Muscle Princess was cut. However, Finn kissing Crab Princess and Lizard Princess earlier wasn't cut. The reason is unknown.
- "Breezy: Get this—I'm actually a virgin queen bee." was cut
- "Breezy: It's too bad we're such great buddies or we could make out with each other. [chuckles]"was cut.
- "Breezy: It's too bad we're such great buddies or we could..." was retained in the Philippines. However, since the line ended abruptly and unfinished, the scene was confusing.
- This scene was cut:
'Lumpy Space Princess: [Lumpy Space Princess approaches Finn.] I know all about your dirty deeds. Now it's Lumpy's turn to slump those lips! Bring it in, baby.
[They both kiss. Finn suddenly backs out.]
Lumpy Space Princess: Wha? Where you going?
Finn: That's it. We made out.
Lumpy Space Princess: Wha—What?! I didn't wait infinity for a dip in the kiddie pool! We're taking this to the deep end!
Finn: But I'm not a good swimmer.'
This whole scene was cut due to heavy sexual references and sexual themes.
The Prince Who Wanted Everything
Main article: The Prince Who Wanted Everything
- The scene where Lumpy Space Prince's parents impaled Lumpy Space Prince's heart was cut.
Main article: Ocarina
- The scene where Mr. B drags his bottom on Finn's face saying "Ah, yeah. I can't wait to wash my gross, fat butt." was cut.
- This made it look like Finn got disgusted when the Long-legged tenant stepped on him first.
- The reason this was cut was because of rudely disgusting humor.
Joshua & Margaret Investigations
Main Article: Joshua and Margaret Investigations
- The scene where Margret pulls out a needle from her hat was cut.
Thanks for the Crabapples, Giuseppe
Main Article: Thanks for the Crabapples, Giuseppe
- It censorship when Ron James says "We will form a new School of Magic!" while fireworks are on the Rear Rock.
- It censorship when Tronquitos says "Nice and easy ... Oh!" when it appears surprised by the spell and head scene with Ron James Pig in the house Tronquitos cut.
Main Article: Nemesis
- Entire span of the chapter is censored when Peppermint Butler forces Master Peace drop their pants to make him eat dirt (A cut 32 seconds).(But it was not cut in Cartoon Network Philippines for some reason.)
- It is censored when the eldest son of Master Peace tells him "Dad, can I go to the park to eat flies?" and the answer given to his son, "If ...?".
- Adventure Time is not the only censored series on Cartoon Network International. Others include:
- Cartoon Network Australia censors scenes with lip-on-lip kissing, while scenes with someone being kissed on the cheek seems to be allowed by them.
- Death giving Jake the "Kiss of Death" in "Death in Bloom" doesn't appear to be censored in any way, so that fans won't have to figure out how Jake turned back to normal.
- Another instance of kissing on the lips is in the episode "Wizard Battle" (premiered August 29, 2011) due to its importance to the plot.
- Even though the word "sucks" is considered moderately explicit, it's only censored in a few episodes.
- It won't censor some things on Netflix.
- Seven episodes so far have been refused to air in both Cartoon Network Australia and Cartoon Network Asia. Those episodes include, "His Hero", "The Creeps", "Jake Vs. Me-Mow", "Ghost Princess", "The Suitor", "Love Games" and "James II".(But "The Suitor' and "James II" still aired in Cartoon Network Philippines.)
- On the Free-to-Air Australian Channel Go! All versions are uncensored, and un-changed from the Cartoon Network Australia Variants.
- In Cartoon Network Portugal, "What was Missing" is the only censored episode.
|Slumber Party Panic||Yes||Censored|
|Trouble in Lumpy Space||Yes||Censored|
|Prisoners of Love||Yes||Censored|
|Ricardio the Heart Guy||Yes||Censored|
|My Two Favorite People||Yes||Censored|
|Memories of Boom Boom Mountain||Yes||Censored|
|City of Thieves||Yes||Inconclusive|
|The Witch's Garden||Yes||Censored|
|What is Life?||Yes||Censored|
|Ocean of Fear||Yes||Inconclusive|
|When Wedding Bells Thaw||Yes||Censored|
|Rainy Day Daydream||Yes||Censored|
|What Have You Done?||Yes||Censored|
|It Came from the Nightosphere||Yes||Censored|
|Loyalty to the King||Yes||Censored|
|Blood Under the Skin||Yes||Censored|
|Crystals Have Power||Yes||Censored|
|The Other Tarts||Yes||Inconclusive|
|To Cut a Woman's Hair||Yes||Censored|
|The Chamber of Frozen Blades||Yes||Censored|
|The Silent King||Yes||Censored|
|The Real You||Yes||Censored|
|Guardians of Sunshine||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Death in Bloom||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Go With Me||Yes||Censored|
|Belly of the Beast||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Conquest of Cuteness||Yes||Censored|
|Morituri te Salutamus||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Memory of a Memory||Yes||Censored|
|Fionna and Cake||Yes||Censored (Australia)|
Originally Inconclusive; now Censored (CN Asia)
|What Was Missing||Yes||Censored|
|From Bad to Worse||Yes||Censored|
|No One Can Hear You||Yes||Censored|
|Jake vs. Me-Mow||No||Unaired|
|The New Frontier||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Holly Jolly Secrets: Part I||Yes||
Unaired (Australia; formerly)
|Holly Jolly Secrets: Part II||Yes||
Unaired (Australia; formerly)
|Hot to the Touch||Yes||Censored|
|Five Short Graybles||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Dream of Love||Yes||Censored|
|Return to the Nightosphere||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Daddy's Little Monster||Yes||Censored (Philippines)|
|In Your Footsteps||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Princess Monster Wife||Yes||Censored (Philippines)|
|Beyond this Earthly Realm||Yes||Censored|
|Sons of Mars||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Lady & Peebles||Yes||Censored|
|You Made Me!||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Who Would Win||Yes||Inconclusive|
|The Hard Easy||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Reign of Gunters||Yes||Inconclusive|
|I Remember You||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Finn the Human||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Jake the Dog||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Five More Short Graybles||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Up a Tree||Yes||Inconclusive|
|All the Little People||Yes||Censored|
|Jake The Dad||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Mystery Dungeon||Yes (Tested early in Australia)||Inconclusive|
|All Your Fault||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Vault Of Bones||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Bad Little Boy||Yes (Tested early in the Philippines)||Inconclusive|
|The Great Bird Man||Yes||Censored|
|Simon & Marcy||Yes||Censored|
|A Glitch is a Glitch||Yes||Censored|
|Princess Potluck||Yes||Censored (Inconclusive in the Philippines after subsequent airings)|
|James Baxter the Horse||Yes||Censored|
|One Last Job||Yes (Tested early in the Philippines)||Inconclusive|
|The Party's Over, Isla de Senorita||Yes||Censored|
|Another Five More Short Graybles||Yes||Censored|
|Wizards Only, Fools||Yes||Censored|
|Frost & Fire||Yes||Censored|
|Earth & Water||Yes||Inconclusive|
|We Fixed a Truck||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Root Beer Guy||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Blade of Grass||Yes||Censored|
|The Red Throne||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Betty||Yes (tested early in the Philippines)||Inconclusive|
|Lemonhope Part 1||Yes||Censored|
|Lemonhope Part 2||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Billy's Bucket List||Yes||Censored|
|Escape from the Citadel||Yes||Censored|
|James II||No (Yes in the Philippines)||Unaired; Inconclusive (in the Philippines)|
|The Tower||Yes||Censored; Inconclusive (In the Philippines)|
|Furniture & Meat||Yes||Inconclusive|
|The Prince Who Wanted Everything||Yes||Censored|
|Thanks for the Crabapples, Giuseppe||Yes||Inconclusive|
|Joshua & Margaret Investigations||Yes||Inconclusive|