|Introduced in||"Blood Under the Skin"|
|Latest appearance||"Blade of Grass"|
|Voiced by||Jeff Glen Bennett|
Choose Goose is a talking goose who speaks (almost) exclusively in rhymes. He sells various rare objects for adventuring or assisting Finn and Jake, but most of what he possesses either backfires or is mostly useless to almost everyone.
His first appearance is in the episode "Blood Under the Skin," where Finn and Jake visit his store. Finn asks for some armor to make himself seem tough, but Choose Goose keeps teasing and embarrassing him. Finally, Finn tells him to get serious and suggest some real armor. But when Choose Goose does, he asks for Jake's head as payment, and Finn rejects it. Then Choose Goose gives him a scroll with a poem that is supposed to lead them to where the most "chk chk" armor is, but they have to figure out what the poem means.
Choose Goose appears again in the episode "The Real You," where Finn and Jake go to his stand, and Finn asks for something to make him smarter. Choose Goose tells him he will do it as long as he entertains him, so Finn makes a face drawn on his finger sing and dance and entertain Choose Goose. Then he gives him the "Glasses of Nerdicon," which make Finn smarter.
In the episode "Finn the Human," a guy named "Choose Bruce" and some other people try to make the Destiny Gang leave town. Later, he gives Finn a weapon to attach to his robotic arm to help him fight the Destiny Gang. Lastly, he is seen crying because his stand and the entire village are getting burned down.
In the episode "All the Little People," a toy version of him dances the tango with a toy version of Lollipop Girl. Later in the episode, a toy version of Abracadaniel starts to hug them, but then they get all tangled up and start rolling around. Finally, they dance at the party Finn makes for them.
In the episode "Blade of Grass," Finn and Jake went to see Choose Goose to ask him where the Grassy Wizard lived so they could return their grass sword. At first, he refused to tell them because they bought a sword from another guy, but then Finn convinced him that they only did it one time and he forgave them and told them he lived on top of a hill.
Choose Goose appears in Issue 8 when Finn and Jake are in the future and they meet Choose Goose in the future. He tries selling them a giant laser sword but it cost too much so he ran away laughing.
Choose Goose has long, plump, orange legs, which seem to look like striped tights. He wears a blue mid-century "lute suit" with a long green feather on the matching hat. His limbs seem to be very weak and flexible. He also has a long, floppy neck with a red stripe on it.
- "Blood Under the Skin" (debut)
- "The Real You"
- "Finn the Human" (Choose Bruce)
- "Blade of Grass"
- "All the Little People" (as a toy)
- "Beyond the Grotto" (Grotto version)
- Legends of Ooo
- Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!!
- Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!
- Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom
Choose some protection from my selection.
The quest that you are on requires... the Glasses of Nerdicon!
If you can decipher the poem and complete the trials; you will receive the magical Armor of Zeldron. It is foretold to be totally *chk-chk*.
- According to the commentary on the animatic of "The Enchiridion!" in the Adventure Time Season 1 DVD collection, Choose Goose was originally created for this episode, but was cut for time. He can be seen in early storyboards of this episode.
- His voice imitates, or is a possible homage to, American comedian and actor Ed Wynn.
- In the episode "Blood Under the Skin," there was a necklace in his stall with a pink prism that resembles the Holo-pendant that Princess Bubblegum gave to Finn in "The Other Tarts."
- In Spanish, his name is "Ganso Manso," which translates into "tame goose."
- In Brazilian Portuguese, it is "Gansinho Vizinho," which translates into "Gosling Neighbor."
- On Friday, March 22, 2013, Choose Goose hosted a special programming block called the "Goose Choice Awards," in lieu of Cartoon Planet, in which Choose Goose gave out Golden Gooses to episodes of various Cartoon Network programming. "Too Young" and "Bad Little Boy" both won awards.
- It is possible he has some relation to Bruce Guese, who wrote the article for Simon Petrikov's finding of the Enchiridion in the newspaper clipping in "I Remember You."
- It was stated by storyboard writers of the show on the Season Two DVD commentary of the episode "Blood Under the Skin" that his legs might be limp from either laziness, or from his travels of collecting the various objects that he sells.
- At one point in the Cartoon Network online game Legends of Ooo, he does not rhyme because he is annoyed.