Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about the place. You may be looking for the episode.|
The City of Thieves is a location in Adventure Time. It is the main setting of the episode of the same name. Everyone who lives there is a thief, and spend most of their time stealing things from each other. According to the Hag, anybody who goes there will also become a thief, a fate that befell both Finn, who was tricked into stealing a chest, and Jake, who somehow stole a pair of boots without realizing it. There are so many thieves in the city that no one can hang on to something for more than a minute without it being stolen, though an unguarded shop is shown without experiencing any theft (aside from Jake's). It is unknown if it used to be a regular village.
It is a run-down village situated in a desert built on top of the shell of a giant turtle. In the middle of the city is a deserted tower belonging to the King of Thieves. The tower is protected by a magical barrier that keeps out all thieves. The buildings are presumably made of logs and drywall.
- Big Guy
- Short Goblin
- Skeleton Mom
- Skeleton Baby
- Mr. Turtle
- Wizard Thief
- Baskets & Boots Owner
- King of Thieves
- Horse wearing shower cap
- Crossbow Guy
- Two Headed Thief
- Rock Wall Thief
- Giant Turtle
- Hag (presumably)
The City of Thieves appears to have very few rules, if any at all. All of its residents are Mutants or magical creatures. It is unknown why all of its residents became kleptomaniacs. It also seems that most residents have messy cloths and are barbaric.
- Jake may still have had some of the City's magic on him, since he unknowingly stole a doughnut in the next episode "The Witch's Garden."
- It appears that those born in the city will remain a thief, even after being "purified."
- The City resides in the shell of a deceased turtle.
- A similar-looking city was to appear in the unused episode "The Glorriors."
- The fact that it is built on a giant turtle shell may refer to "Tortuga", an island in the Caribbean ocean that became a major center of piracy in the 17th century which was often called "The city of thieves" as well.