"Dentist" is the twenty-first episode in the sixth season of Adventure Time. It is the one hundred and seventy-seventh episode overall.
The episode starts with Finn in the bathroom complaining about severe tooth pain while Jake's inside Finn's mouth investigating a tooth that is seriously diseased and black, telling Finn to "go Dentist". Finn refuses and runs off crashing through the bottom covering of the treehouse. Jake manages to convince Finn to go Dentist.
After that, Finn is next seen being put in a well with butter and snakes which transports him into the Ant Nation. He is assigned by one of the ant captains to go to an office. In the office, a female ant general makes Finn a soldier and assigns Finn a partner, Tiffany Oiler.
Finn goes to have a meal where he meets with Tiffany.
The next day, Tiffany and Finn start their hunt to search for the Queen worm, while they have their conversation, Tiffany runs to an area where he gets a suspicious feeling.
Suddenly, many giant worms dig out of holes, Finn convinces Tiffany to work together and they both kill many giant Worms.
Out of nowhere, the Queen worm breaks through the ground below them causing Finn to fall. He quickly grabs on to a ledge. Below him, the queen worm opens its mouth right under Finn. Finn asks Tiffany for help which Tiffany is unable to do.
Finn slips and falls into the queen's mouth but bounces back as it chokes on him and coughs Finn back out. Finn is blown into the air hitting his head on a sharp rock causing his teeth to shatter. He accidentally falls on Tiffany causing Tiffany to fall into the worm's mouth.
Finn wakes up in a bed where he is treated by many ants. His teeth have been fully replaced and General Tarsal tells him that Tiffany is missing in action.
Finn is then transported back to the grasslands with snakes and butter where he is welcomed back by the residents. However, he still has to keep Dentist a secret due to the presence of a Fly spy which are enemies of the ants.
- Princess Bubblegum
- Tree Trunks
- Candy People
- The voice of television's Andy Daly is featured at multiple points throughout the episode (including the first talking ant and the voice on the ant intercom.)
- The Finn Sword is used for the first time and is shown to have the past Finn trapped inside of it and talking to Finn.
- The Ant Nation makes its first official appearance.
- Tiffany brings up Jake's criminal past once more and admits that if Finn never came into Jake's life, Jake would have become a powerful mob boss.
- Tiffany's teeth had nearly rotted away due to the Baker's Shard heist in "One Last Job."
- Finn refers to himself as his full name, "Finn Mertens," for the first time, not counting his alternate universe self in "Finn the Human."
- This is the first episode to premiere on a Friday.
- As of this episode, an episode has premiered on every night of the week. "Slumber Party Panic" is the first to premiere on a Monday, "Ghost Fly" is the first episode to premiere on a Tuesday, "Thank You" is the first episode to get to premiere on a Wednesday, and "Breezy" is the first episode to premiere on a Thursday.
- This was the final episode of the 2014 Adventure Time: Corn-Ooo-Copia event.
- One of the ant's names is Gamergate, a type of ant.
- On the wall of General Tarsal's office is the phrase "sic-semper-ants", a play on the phrase "sic-semper-tyrannis", which is Latin for "thus always to tyrants", so the phrase "sic-semper-ants" should mean "thus always to ants".
- "sic-semper-tyrannis" was believed by some to have been said by Marcus Junius Brutus when he assassinated Julius Caesar, although it is doubtful whether he did say it.
- John Wilkes Booth shouted out this phrase when he assassinated President Abraham Lincoln (in real life history).
- "sic-semper-tyrannis" is nowadays used as a rallying call against an abuse of power, and is the official motto of the U.S. state of Virginia.
- At some points, Tiffany has a full set of teeth.
|See Full Storyboard|