Doctor (or Dr.) Princess is a medical official of Ooo, originally appearing in "The Chamber of Frozen Blades." Dr. Princess states that she is not really a princess and that "Princess" is just her surname.
She has a fairly calm demeanor, as she showed no fear or anger after Ice King abducted her. She also has an alter-ego as Science Whyzard.
In "The Chamber of Frozen Blades," Dr. Princess performs a checkup on Gunter at the Rock People's hospital. Ice King kidnaps her by stuffing her into his overnight bag and taking her back to his castle, but she is immediately rescued by Finn and Jake.
Although she is not actually a princess, Ice King used her heart and intestines in "Princess Monster Wife," indicating that Ice King believes she is a princess or is attracted to her regardless, possibly because of her resemblance to Betty.
Appearance and disguise
She wears blue-tinted glasses, a red jewel-pendant over her forehead, a pair of low-heeled brown shoes, and a doctor's coat with an orange, long-sleeved turtleneck dress underneath. She has greenish skin with a few freckles on her cheeks, and her brown hair is in pigtails. She has a small, pink Scientific Parasite in her left pocket, much like the one Dr. Ice Cream has.
Science Whyzard, a potential contestant of the Wizard Battle, was confirmed by Andy Ristaino to be Dr. Princess in disguise. As Science Whyzard, she approaches the arena carrying scientific paraphernalia such as a microscope and an erlenmeyer flask. She was turned away from the competition when the Grand Master Wizard declared, "No science, Science Whyzard!"
Science Whyzard also appeared in Issue 12 of the (alternative canon) Adventure Time comic at a gathering of wizards that Finn and Jake held to determine whether any of them were the mysterious Ewlbo, who had hacked into BMO.
Don't worry, sir: I specialize in treating little tuxedo-people.
Whoa, Nelly! Something... medical is happening!
I'll field that one. The Ice King abducted me while I was distracted by the horrifying beauty of birth.
What am I looking at here exactly?
- "The Chamber of Frozen Blades" (debut)
- "Princess Monster Wife" (no lines)
- "Princess Cookie" (no lines)
- "Mortal Recoil"
- "Wizard Battle" (as Science Whyzard)
- "Bad Little Boy" (gender-swapped as Doctor Prince)
- "Ghost Fly"
- She is Pendleton Ward's favorite doctor.
- Pen Ward and Rebecca Sugar have stated specifically that Betty and Dr. Princess are not the same person.
- She has a gender-swapped version of herself, Doctor Prince, who appears for the first time in "Bad Little Boy."
- Technically, she is not a princess. Princess is just her surname.
- Dr. Princess has an alter-ego named Science Whyzard, as seen in "Wizard Battle."
- Dr. Princess appears to be very active in the medical community, working at the Candy Kingdom Mental Hospital, the Rock Hospital, and occasionally in the Candy Kingdom. This suggests that she may specialize in multiple fields.
- Dr. Princess refers to penguins, such as Gunther, as 'Little Tuxedo People'