|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the character.|
"Donny" is the twenty-first episode in the first season of Adventure Time. It is the twenty-first episode overall.
When Finn and Jake see a bullying ogre named Donny, they help him turn his life around, unaware of the ecological consequences of their action.
Finn and Jake are on safety patrol when they come across a city of House People. It looks normal at first glance, but suddenly, they see a grass ogre named Donny terrorizing the House People. Finn exhausts Donny by using a head lock on him until he can no longer fight and says "You're pretty good for a complete idiot!" Finn looks sad then Jake uses his powers to make his ears into antlers and says "that's enough Donny unless you wanna get gored by a forest prince." Finn thinks Donny is similar to himself in some ways, and that he could be a good guy if he learns to stop being a jerk, so he invites Donny to their Tree Fort. When he arrives, he sits down in a chair and plays BMO, subsequently losing the game and breaking BMO's controller in anger. While Finn and Jake attempt to civilize Donny through singing the Empathy Song, Finn hears a scream coming from the House village and goes to investigate, leaving Jake behind to continue trying to make Donny stop being a jerk. Upon arriving back at the village, Finn sees a pair of Why-wolves attacking the House People, and after a struggle, he manages to throw them down inside The Old Well, effectively trapping them.
The Why-wolves explain to Finn that without Donny around to produce obnoxygen (which is lethal to them), they are free to consume the House People until the Cosmic Owl consumes them all. Finn runs back to the tree house and finds that Donny is well-groomed, well-spoken, and more importantly, no longer a jerk. Finn and Jake forcibly drag Donny back to where the House People are being eaten by Why-wolves. Finn tells Donny that they think his self-improvement songs are stupid, and that by trying to not be a jerk, he is being a real jerk, After being ridiculed by both the Why-wolves and the House people, Donny reverts to his old self, thus releasing obnoxygen to send the Why-wolves fleeing and unintentionally saving the House People from near death. While Donny appears to be enraged at Finn and Jake, and returns to pranking the House people, at the end of the episode, Donny watches Finn and Jake departing, and says sadly, "I'll never forget you."
- This is the first episode where BMO has a speaking role.
- Donny makes a PHIL FACE when he tells Finn he will never be jerky again.
- When Mr. Bank is broken, it shows that the buildings are just shells they wear, rather than part of their bodies.
- Natasha Allegri's cat, Pancake, can be seen through the window of the house-girl with glasses.
- After Donny sings his "Pants Song" and walks away, Jake can be seen in the background with elongated eyelashes.
- Jake calls Donny "Donald" at one point in the episode.
- When Finn returns to the village with Donny, his pack is damaged from the Why-wolf attack earlier. However, the pack is repaired when he and Jake are walking away.
- Also when Finn returns to the village with Donny, his ripped sleeve is longer than his whole one.
- When BMO is put back on the table, the letters on the side are "BWO" instead of "BMO."
- After Finn knocks the first Why-Wolf down the Old Well, the Jail's sign reads "Jial" until he turns around.
- The noises made by the terrified House People are also used in Daft Punk's song Revolution 909.
- This episode was originally titled "An Ogre Named Donny."
- In the original storyboard for this episode, Finn was supposed to use an item called Steel-Toed Boot of Responsibility to make Donny return to the House People's village.
This episode was censored in some countries. See Censorship of Adventure Time for more information.
|See Full Storyboard|