|"Dream of Love"|
| Season 4, episode 4|
|Airdate:||April 23, 2012|
|Story:|| Patrick McHale|
| Written &|
| Bert Youn|
"Return to the Nightosphere"
"Dream of Love" is the fourth episode in the fourth season of Adventure Time. It is the eighty-second episode overall.
Tree Trunks is courted by an oinking suitor, but much to everyone's dismay, their public displays of affection interfere with everyone's normal lives.
Finn and Jake are having fun rolling down a hill; they laugh happily as they reach the bottom. Finn tells Jake about all the things they were going to do which included: getting an apple pie from Tree Trunks and listening to Princess Bubblegum's concert. They run to Tree Trunks' house to eat apple pie. They find Tree Trunks in the Rose garden in front of her house when they arrive. They start talking with Tree Trunks when Pig, who was last seen in Season 3, unexpectedly pops up and explains how he never left after the events in the episode "Apple Thief." After awkwardly talking about Tree Trunks, the Pig admits his love for Tree Trunks to Finn and Jake, but then quickly gets embarrassed about it. Finn convinces the pig to confess his feelings. Pig then gives a dramatic love speech after Tree Trunks walks outside of her house. Tree Trunks responds by claiming she feels the same way. They then hug each other. Finn and Jake then ask Tree Trunks if she would make an apple pie for Princess Bubblegum's concert.
The scene then shifts to Princess Bubblegum's concert where she is playing her Princess Bubblegum's electric piano. During the concert, Jake impatiently paced the stands waiting for Tree Trunks to bring her apple pie that she promised to bake. However, when Tree Trunks and the Pig finally arrived, she revealed that she was too distracted by Pig to make any pies. This in turn upsets Jake. Tree Trunks then starts to kiss Pig and all the spectators at the concert are disgusted by their display of public affection. Princess Bubblegum becomes upset at their display and claims she can't play with them being "gross." To prevent the concert from ending, Finn splits the two apart, but they slowly move closer to each other as the music continues and start kissing again. This enraged Princess Bubblegum and most of the spectators until Princess Bubblegum tells Cinnamon Bun to stop them from kissing, but instead, he just stops the concert and tells everyone to leave. Finn then makes the two lovers promise to keep their love hidden and they agree.
The scene then shifts to a montage of various failed attempts of Pig and Tree Trunks trying to hide their affection for one another. They attempted places such as under Finn and Jake's Tree Fort, inside a baby crib, inside a book at the Library, and inside Finn's sandwich. After finding the two lovers in his sandwich, Finn continues to explain why they can't be together and should try harder to be secretive. The scene then shifts to a drive in movie.
The movie was going smoothly until Tree Trunks and Pig cast a huge silhouette of them tongue kissing each other. Everyone viewing the display becomes disgusted and angered. Finn decides it has to stop right then and there. He splits them apart and suggests multiple options to them, but they keep coming up with excuses to his suggestions such as not wanting to hide their affection, being affectionate inside Tree Trunks' house or rushing into marriage. Finn and Jake then decide to split them up, which resulted in the other people in the drive through to cheer for their breakup.
The pig and Jake end up in the old tavern in the Candy Kingdom. Pig explains to Jake that he doesn’t know what to do with his life without Tree Trunks. Jake asks him about where he lives and Pig explains he is homeless. At the same time, Finn and Tree Trunks are at Tree Trunks' house. Finn suggests that Tree Trunks should make a pie to get her mind off Pig. Tree Trunks and Pig then begin to sing the song "Dream of Love," which was about their love for each other. After the song, Jake and Finn, who are emotional by the song and love of the two, tell Pig and Tree Trunks, respectively, to go find each other because they love each other. They run towards each other near the Candy Kingdom tavern and kiss dramatically, finally happy together. The episode ends with various spectators becoming disgusted with their display of affection. Finn, holding an apple pie, comments about how Tree Trunks and Pig's relationship is nice. Jake sees the apple pie Tree Trunks made and takes it from Finn's hand. Jake becomes excited and said, “Apple pie, I’ve been waiting to kiss you all day.” Jake then kisses it, getting apple pie all over his face.
- Turtle Princess
- Candy People
- Lady Rainicorn
- The music in the title card has excerpts of Bridal Chorus composed by Richard Wagner.
- During Princess Bubblegum's concert, Finn was beatboxing in his Auto-tuned voice.
- This episode has aired the same day Windows 98 Second Edition released.
- The book Turtle Princess was going to read says 'Princess Stuff'.
- During the song "Dream of Love" Tree Trunks cuts the apples for the pie in parallel slices, which is not the normal way to cut apples for a pie.
- The snail appears twice (was the first in Latin America) in this episode: beside Pig and Tree Trunks (in Latin America) and on the ground next to the Pig during his song solo.
- When every one is watching the movie, it is nighttime, also when Jake drags Pig to the bar, the scene appears to be nightime. But when the scene is at Tree Trunks' house, it is daytime, then when Tree Trunks and the Pig run to each other it is also daytime.
- Pig says that he'll just go back to eating criminals. This is a reference to "Apple Thief" where Finn, Jake and Tree Trunks were almost eaten by the pig.
- The bar where Jake drags Pig is the same bar of the episode "Apple Thief."
- At Princess Bubblegum's concert BMO is video taping the concert with a camera on its head just like in "Video Makers".
- Finn and Jake go to a drive in movie theater just like in "Go With Me".