Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This transcript is incomplete.
- [The sun begins to rise over the mountains. Its light reaches the village and creeps toward Marceline.]
- Finn: Marceline, no!
- Marceline: Don't let anyone read my diaries! Burn them, Finn! They're embarrassi—! [screams]
- [Marceline is bathed in sunlight. The screen goes white, and a flashback begins. A young Marceline sits on her mother's lap in an RV.]
- Marceline: Can I play now?
- Marceline's mom: No, Marceline, Sweetie. It's nap time.
- Marceline: But I don't want to sleep! My dreams are weird.
- Marceline's mom: All dreams are weird.
- Marceline: But, Mom, my dreams are we-e-e-eird.
- Marceline's mom: [chuckles] Honey, something weird might just be something familiar viewed from a different angle. And that's not scary, right?
- [She and Marceline embrace and sing "Everything Stays." The screen fades out, then returns to show Marceline a little older and packing a sled. Snow falls in a ruined city.]
- Simon: [voiceover] Hello, Marci. I don't know if you'll ever hear this message. I fear my thoughts are no longer my own. Just watch over me...
- [Marceline looks over to see Simon recording himself.]
- Simon: ...until I can find my way out of this labyrinth in my brain and regain my sanity. And then maybe, Betty, my princess—maybe you will love me again. [sighs] Please love me again, Betty! [sobs] Okay, bye! [takes out tape and pushes over camera] [sighs]
- Marceline: Hey, Simon. I, uh, finished packing your gear. So can I have my tape now?
- Simon: What? No. This is private, silly. [tucks tape into bag on sled] There you go. Snug as a bug.
- Marceline: Seriously, Simon. Please don't go.
- Simon: I... I have to protect you.
- Marceline: How can you protect me if you're not even here?!
- Simon: I'll arrange for someone to come take care of you. I'll make sure he doesn't leave.
- Marceline: Please, Simon, I could help you with this.
- Simon: Yeah, maybe one day you will. But until then, you have to stay brave, my fearless Marceline.
- [Simon touches her cheek as tears escape her eyes. His thumb touches the tear, freezing it. When he moves it, the frozen tear scratches her face.]
- Marceline: Ouch!
- Simon: You see? I have to go now. Goodbye, Marci. [hops on sled and leaves]
- Marceline: What? No! [chases after him] Wait! Ugh! [trips and falls in snow] Simon! Simon!