This transcript is incomplete.
- [The sun begins to rise over the mountains. Its light reaches the village and creeps toward Marceline.]
- Finn: Marceline, no!
- Marceline: Don't let anyone read my diaries! Burn them, Finn! They're embarrassi—! [screams]
- [Marceline is bathed in sunlight. The screen goes white, and a flashback begins. A young Marceline sits on her mother's lap in an RV.]
- Marceline: Can I play now?
- Marceline's mom: No, Marceline, Sweetie. It's nap time.
- Marceline: But I don't want to sleep! My dreams are weird.
- Marceline's mom: All dreams are weird.
- Marceline: But, Mom, my dreams are we-e-e-eird.
- Marceline's mom: [chuckles] Honey, something weird might just be something familiar viewed from a different angle. And that's not scary, right?
- [She and Marceline embrace and sing "Everything Stays." The screen fades out, then returns to show Marceline a little older and packing a sled. Snow falls in a ruined city.]
- Simon: [voiceover] Hello, Marci. I don't know if you'll ever hear this message. I fear my thoughts are no longer my own. Just watch over me...
- [Marceline looks over to see Simon recording himself.]
- Simon: ...until I can find my way out of this labyrinth in my brain and regain my sanity. And then maybe, Betty, my princess—maybe you will love me again. [sighs] Please love me again, Betty! [sobs] Okay, bye! [takes out tape and pushes over camera] [sighs]
- Marceline: Hey, Simon. I, uh, finished packing your gear. So can I have my tape now?
- Simon: What? No. This is private, silly. [tucks tape into bag on sled] There you go. Snug as a bug.
- Marceline: Seriously, Simon. Please don't go.
- Simon: I... I have to protect you.
- Marceline: How can you protect me if you're not even here?!
- Simon: I'll arrange for someone to come take care of you. I'll make sure he doesn't leave.
- Marceline: Please, Simon, I could help you with this.
- Simon: Yeah, maybe one day you will. But until then, you have to stay brave, my fearless Marceline.
- [Simon touches her cheek as tears escape her eyes. His thumb touches the tear, freezing it. When he moves it, the frozen tear scratches her face.]
- Marceline: Ouch!
- Simon: You see? I have to go now. Goodbye, Marci. [hops on sled and leaves]
- Marceline: What? No! [chases after him] Wait! Ugh! [trips and falls in snow] Simon! Simon!