| Season 1, episode 12|
|Airdate:|| Sneak peek: March 18, 2010|
Official: May 17, 2010
| Written &|
| Bert Youn|
"City of Thieves"
"Evicted!" is the twelfth episode in the first season of Adventure Time. It is the twelfth episode overall.
The episode begins with Jake telling Finn a scary story about vampires as a bat flies past the Tree Fort on a stormy night. Finn was really afraid, though he was unwilling to admit it. Finn even asked Jake if the story was true or if he had just made it up. In response to Finn, Jake said that a reliable source had told the story to him, making Finn even more scared. And to finish the story, Jake said that the vampire used to haunt the tree where they live. Jake leaves him to sleep, but Finn then sees a strange vampire-like figure in his window (proved to actually be Marceline trying to find a way to get in the treehouse). Finn goes downstairs out of fear and tells Jake. Jake then reveals that the story and "reliable source" were made up. Just then, the vampire, Marceline, breaks in. After introducing herself, she tells them of her adventures in the Land of Ooo. She then tells them that she owned the tree years ago, and proves it by showing them a large 'M' carved in the wall, but thanks them for keeping it warm for her. She then kicks Finn and Jake out of their Tree Fort and they're forced to go house-hunting.
After a long montage (accompanied by the House Hunting Song), Finn says he wants to go home, but Jake sings a song to him about how home is where your heart is. Finn then realizes he would rather be with Jake, however Jake said that he rather be dancing with some babes. Suddenly, Finn and Jake settle in a cave they find, fix it up, and throw a party. Marceline comes and interrupts the party and shows Finn and Jake yet another 'M' carved into the wall, and that she previously owned it too, like the treehouse. Finn is almost about to attack Marceline, but Jake reminds him that home is where the heart is. Marceline then prepares to take Jake (after Finn says Marceline can have the cave since Jake is his real home), but Finn smacks him out of her hands.
Finn and Marceline start to fight. Marceline grows into a giant bat. Finn gets hurt, and Jake decides to attack her. She then bites Jake and sucks his blood, making him presumably dead. Finn gets overcome with rage and fury and punches Marceline in the face to make her stop, Marceline then returns to her default form and kisses Finn on the cheek after defeating her, making Finn blush deeply, claiming that she enjoyed the fight. Jake comes back, showing that he survived by putting his guts in his thumb. Marceline becomes amused and lets them have their old house back, as a 'gift' from her. When they get back, they find that their house is infested with worms. King Worm greets Finn and Jake, then tells them to hug him. He then shoots a hypnotizing beam from his eyes, commanding the two adventurers to hug him. The episode ends with the GWK (Giant Worm King) sending a signal, possibly calling more worms, as the brainwashed Finn and Jake hug him.
- Giant Goldfish
- Nut Creatures
- Giant Duck
- Cloud People
- Ice King
- Bat Bugs
- Mr. Cupcake
- Pincer beetle
- Party Worm
- Tree Trunks
- King Worm
- Marceline could not ride on a giant goldfish during the day because vampires die in the sunlight. The sunlight did affect her in "Henchman," so this likely means Marceline made the story up.
- This is the first appearance of Marceline.
- As Finn and Jake walk back to their house after Marceline gives it back, map labels can be seen in the sky for "Ice Kingdom" and "Mystery Mountains."
- Although the cloud bride shown during "House Hunting Song" does not have any lines, the credits list Olivia Olson, who also plays Marceline.
- The "M" for Marceline is used again later in "It Came from the Nightosphere" on the candles above Marceline's couch.
- Marceline's outfit in this episode is almost identical to the one she wears in "Go With Me" (minus the half shaven hair).
- The book that Finn throws at the worm is the Enchiridion from the episode "The Enchiridion!"
- Marceline and Jake say "good night," but when the clouds clear up it is morning. However; Marceline may have done this due to the fact that she was nocturnal.
- There has been much confusion about Tree Trunks being at the house-warming party in this episode if she was transported to the crystal dimension, but Pen Ward stated that they created "Evicted!" before "Tree Trunks."
- During the "House Hunting Song," when Finn and Jake are running away from the frog in the shell, Jake's eyes have normal pupils.
- When the Tiger first jumps out of the frog disguise, he has cat-like eyes with pupils. When he lands on the ground, however, his eyes are just black dots.
- When Marceline shows the Nut Creatures to Finn and Jake, she has five fingers instead of four. The number of fingers on characters' hands change depending on the circumstances.
- When Marceline was scaring Finn and Jake (when she was tapping on the window), her teeth are spaced and some are missing, though she really has regular teeth (minus the fangs).
- When Jake stretches through the cloud house, he goes through the front yet comes in on the bottom.
- During the "House Hunting Song," the snail is seen when they are walking, right before the lyrics "Oh Marceline, why are you so mean?" are sung. However, the snail is seen twice in one scene, showing that the scene was looped.
- Mr. Cupcake has blue sprinkles, but they are red in this episode.
- The music playing while the title card appears is the same music that Marceline plays on her bass guitar while she crashed the party.
- This episode and "Business Time" were shown before the show's official premiere.
This episode was censored on Cartoon Network Australia. See Censorship of Adventure Time on Cartoon Network Australia for more information.
|See Full Storyboard|