Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fionna (previously spelled Fiona and also known as Fionna the Human) is a fictional character and the gender-swapped version of Finn who was created by the Ice King in his fan-fiction. In the real world, she was created by series character designer Natasha Allegri in a series of web comics and drawings. She and the other gender-swapped characters appeared occasionally in their own segment of the show. She is usually seen in the company of Cake, her own stretchy companion and also adoptive sister. Fionna's nemesis is the Ice Queen. She is shown to have an attraction to Prince Gumball and a past with Marshall Lee. Ice King fantasizes about one day making her real and marrying her.
While usually appearing as black dots, her eyes are seen as blue when enlarged. She wears a rabbit-themed hat (similar to Finn's bear-themed hat) with exposed locks of blonde hair and also has teeth missing in a similar fashion to Finn. Unlike Finn, her neck and blonde hair are shown. When she is not wearing her hat, her hair goes down to between her knees and ankles. Her outfit includes a teal blue shirt with elbow-length sleeves, a dark blue skirt, and over-the-knee socks with two thin, light blue horizontal stripes at the top. Fionna is a heavier set than Finn (which Natasha referred to as "chubby cute"). She has a green backpack (similar to Finn's) and Mary Jane shoes.
Personality and character traits
Although Fionna is known to mostly keep her calm, she can be provoked to anger. She will often try to act like one of the guys, so she fits in easily with friends like Marshall Lee or Prince Gumball.
Fionna is a fearless, thrill-seeking, adventure-loving hero who will rescue any prince from the Ice Queen or do any task to better herself or help citizens. She, much like Finn, is also very hard-headed as shown when Cake wanted her to date Prince Gumball and she was stubborn about it.
During the events of "The Prince Who Wanted Everything," Fionna shows a rather ignorant personality towards Lumpy Space Prince. However, this trait may only exist in Lumpy Space Princess's stories, as LSP herself has a very similar personality.
So far, none of Fionna's fears have been introduced and she is known to be very courageous and brave.
As housemates, adopted sisters, and best friends; Fionna and Cake share a very deep and strong bond. Having been raised together by Cake's parents, the duo share a relationship similar to that of siblings, with Cake watching over Fionna and giving her advice constantly as her older sister. Though they have an unconditional love for each other, Fionna can get frustrated with Cake because of her pushiness, shown especially in "Fionna and Cake." Though she sometimes leads Fionna down the wrong path, Cake genuinely means well for her companion and is usually an encouraging and protecting figure.
Lord MonochromicornAs the trusted steed of her crush Prince Gumball and the boyfriend of her best friend Cake, Fionna and Lord Monochromicorn are on good terms and are well acquainted with each other.
Prince Gumball was Fionna's crush. Fionna gets flustered if Prince Gumball compliments Fionna on being "beautiful." She acts in such a way as when Finn was in love with Princess Bubblegum. Although throughout the Fionna and Cake episodes, she is no longer has feeling for him, but only see him as a friend.
Fionna and Marshall Lee are good friends. In "Fionna and Cake," Marshall gives Fionna the sign of horns at Prince Gumball's ball. In "Bad Little Boy," he fakes a fatal wound and tells her that he might die, so she should just admit that she's in love with him. Fionna responds, crying and angry that he would ask something like that at a moment like that, to which he reveals he is faking and is punched by Fionna.
Lumpy Space Prince
Fionna has a good relationship with Lumpy Space Prince. He doesn't interract directly with her until "The Prince Who Wanted Everything", but appeared in the previous two episodes prior in non-speaking roles. In the episode, Fionna helped him adjust to a normal life after running away from home, and assisted him in defeating his monstrous parents. While dancing, Fionna becomes entranced by his "handsome spell" and called him "pretty", which Lumpy Space Prince reacts by pushing her away, stating that they would never marry. Later, when the prince's monster parents arrived, Lumpy Space Prince apprised her that it was then his end, and asked if she made her proud, to which Fionna replies that she did not care. It was unknown if this means that Fionna actually does not care about the prince at all, but after his parents' defeat, Fionna becomes enticed by his "hotness" again and served him dinner with Cake.
Although Fionna seems to have some attraction toward Flame Prince in the Fionna and Cake comics, in "Five Short Tables", Fionna expresses either fear or nervousness when she sees him in the library. It can be assumed she was once in a relationship with him, but it ened up in a bad breakup, similar to Finn and Flame Princess's relationship.
- Her name was officially changed from "Fiona" to "Fionna," the pronunciation was unchanged.
- Similar to how Finn had a crush on Princess Bubblegum, it is revealed in many portraits posted that Fionna had a crush on Prince Gumball.
- Despite Fionna holding her swords in her left hand in artwork and favoring her left hand when using her sword in "Fionna and Cake" she used her right hand exclusively in "The Prince Who Wanted Everything"
- Natasha Allegri stated that the dress she designed for Fionna is based off Princess Serenity's dress from the anime Sailor Moon (as shown to the right).
- A skull wearing her hat is shown in "Beautopia" shown above the decaying corpse of a cat.
- Fionna is strong enough to lift and hold Prince Gumball, similar to how Finn can lift up Princess Bubblegum.
- In Fionna's description on the Cartoon Network website, she is referred to as an alternate version of Finn, rather than a fanfiction character.
- In the Fionna and Cake comic, Fionna has one of Finn's swords, although, Fionna has only been seen using the Crystal Sword and Kitty Litter Sword.
- She was briefly mentioned in "King Worm" when the Ice King was in trouble and mistakenly used the gender-swapped names when asking Finn and Jake for help.
- In the Norwegian Dub, Fionna's name was changed to Linn.
- When Natasha Allegri draws Fionna, she leaves the button on her backpack white. Although, on Finn's backpack, it is green.
- When Natasha Allegri draws Fionna in the comic, she sometimes doesn't draw the lines on her socks.
- In "Bad Little Boy," the cover of the Fionna and Cake book spelled Fionna with only one N.
- In the French dub of Adventure Time, Fionna is voiced by the same actress who voices her male counterpart, Finn.
- At the end of the credits for Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!!, the screen that shows Finn and the Ice King facing each other fades into a screen of Fionna and the Ice Queen facing each other in the same position.
- In Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! Fionna has buck teeth possibly to add to her rabbit theme.
Appearance in other media
- There is a licensed Halloween costume of Fionna.
- In the then-popular Facebook game "Pet Society," there was a Fionna costume labeled "Odyssey Girl Outfit."
- Fionna appears as a playable character in FusionFall Heroes.
- Fionna is a playable character in Adventure Time Battle Party.
- A robot ice version of Fionna created by Ice King appears as a boss, along with Cake and the Ice King in Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!
- Lisa dresses as Fionna in The Simpsons episode "Treehouse of Horror XXV."
|The full image gallery for Fionna may be viewed at Fionna/Gallery.|