An unexpected critic shows up at Ice King's latest Fionna and Cake book reading.
Finn, Jake and BMO are having fun river rafting (with Jake as the raft). They are having fun until BMO says its time for Ice King's bookreading. Finn does not want to go but they all three go. At the library, The Ice King is holding a public reading about his fanfiction characters: Fionna and Cake. After his reading with no applause, the Ice King gets mad at the audience making the audience to clap afterwards. Suddenly, Someone comes to the bookstore and says that Ice King's story is wrong, and it is revealed to be an older Fionna. She has a tape with her that reveals the truth.
In a swamp, they find a way in through a door and takes the fancy coffin left there. They bring it into their vault, and a bandaged hand comes out of the coffin. The Ice King urges her to continue the tape, and Fionna agrees.
A mummy comes out of the coffin, but the tape ends there. The Ice King invites her to live with him, and she instantly begins taking charge. He asks her where Cake is, but she says that there was an accident, and she does not want to talk about it.
The tape finishes quickly, and Fionna goes to sleep, but the Ice King steals it from her. He continues watching the tape, which shows that the mummy is truly the Queen of Ooo. The Ice King ends the tape confused, but realizes that the person in his home is not Fionna.
When he confronts her, she reveals herself to be an old lagamorphic humanoid, who had intercepted the signal with the tapes and modeled herself after Fionna. The Ice King exclaims that he feels betrayed, and she realizes that she is no better than the mummy.
Late at night, a red beam comes down from the sky to the Ice King’s head, with images of Fionna and Cake.
- Queen of Ooo
- Abracadanielle (flashback; cameo)
- Ruse Goose (flashback; cameo)
- Peppermint Butler
- Banana Guards
- Lumpy Space Princess
- Turtle Princess
- This is the second Fionna and Cake episode to feature Finn and Jake. The first is in "Fionna and Cake."
- This is the first Fionna and Cake episode where the aforementioned characters appear with a minor role (not counting Ice King's imagination in "Mystery Dungeon") albeit shown in a videotape.
- The reveal that the other Fionna is really a humanoid with rabbit-like ears is similar to an original concept for "The Simpsons" which would have revealed Marge Simpson having rabbit ears in her tall hair, which was scrapped for being too surreal.
- This is the fifth episode in the Fionna and Cake saga, following Season 3's "Fionna and Cake," Season 5's "Bad Little Boy," Season 6's "The Prince Who Wanted Everything," and Season 7's "Five Short Tables."
- It is unclear where the Fionna and Cake videos came from. Other Fionna claims that she received a mysterious signal on her TV, however this was all the knowledge she had to offer. One of Ice King's lines as well as the end of the episode show that the Fionna and Cake stories are projected into Ice King's mind from a beam of red light in the middle of the night, however, said beam's origins are unknown.
- This episode was released early on the Cartoon Network app on July 14, 2017.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/adventure-time-fionna-and-cake-and-fionna/EP012462651636?aid=zap2it
- ↑ http://kingofooo.tumblr.com/post/162720736549/adventure-time-returns-on-monday-july-17th-five
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BKv7SD6B_WN/
- ↑ https://kametsu.com/topic/57130-cartoon-network-unofficial-previews/?do=findComment&comment=558041