|Relatives||Flame King (father)|
|Latest appearance||Hot to the Touch|
|Voiced by||Jessica DiCicco|
Jake enters the Fire Kingdom to court the Flame Princess on Finn's behalf, who was feeling heartbroken after being rejected by Princess Bubblegum. Although it is unknown how she feels about Jake directly, she does seem to enjoy his song, as well as the fact that he accidentally kills her father's jester by spilling water on him. It should also, however, be noted that she cheered after Jake was seemingly choked to death by a fake Finn, and she attempts to catch, and kill him after fake Finn rejects her.
She does not actually meet Finn in person until the very end of "Incendium," at which point she chases after Jake (who deformed his body as 'Prince Finn' earlier in the episode), and begins to burn down the tree house and all of the objects in it. After she is doused with Liquid Pyrotechnics, Finn briefly manages to catch her as she falls, and brings her into the Tree Fort, where she angrily asks why Finn doesn't like her. Finn replies that he does, however, and the Flame Princess blushes, but proceeds to slap Finn, and warns him never to mess with her again before fleeing and making Finn fall in love with her.
Due to her only just recently meeting Finn, coupled with the incident, she may be in a state of confusion over him. In "Hot to the Touch," it is revealed that she does like Finn. Finn remarks that he likes her as well, but he is unable to approach her. Every time he tries to put out flames that she had ignited, it seems to harm her. This leads the Flame Princess to believe that Finn is intentionally hurting her. She tries to talk herself out of her emotions, leading to the somewhat illogical conclusion that she should turn the land of Ooo into her own fire kingdom. When Finn realizes he cannot make her understand, he breaks down and cries, wishing he could like a girl. One of his tears falls onto one of Flame Princess's flames, causing her to turn and witness him crying. She becomes convinced that he is a water elemental, since the only thing he seems to do is cry. She comes to the conclusion that they are opposite elementals and that no matter how much they like each other, they can never be together. However, Finn suggests that they try to make it work. She seems happy that he would want to "defy nature" for her. However, as they hug, Finn gets burned and he pushes her away. She then quickly leaves after telling Finn goodbye.
Denizens of the Fire Kingdom
She appears to show very little concern for her own subjects, bordering on outright contempt, as she transforms a small group of citizens into flambits solely because they idly whispered behind her back. Due to her destructive nature, she was locked in a large glass lamp suspended in the middle of the throne room by her father, The Flame King. Despite this, however, she does not appear to harbor any ill will towards him.
AppearanceShe has long vermilion (orange-red) hair made of fire that, when down, falls down her back, and when up, takes an appearance similar to flames. Her skin is sun colored (yellow-orange.) She wears a long tank top dress that touches the ground, and she's barefooted. She appears to have a large rhombus-shaped ruby on her head, and a smaller one on her dress, that may show her royalty instead of a crown. The two rubies are similar to the many small rubies that Flame King has on his armor suit. Her color scheme changes when wet, her skin changing to a pinkish-gray hue and her hair to a lighter brownish-pinkish-gray. She has a body-type similar to Jungle Princess and Fionna's. Patrick Seery has stated that she is based off a candle. In the episode "Hot to the Touch", Finn viewed her like a steam of a puppy's nose searching for ham in a snow, and a cute little flower, and calls her beautiful. And, It may not actually have been intentional, but she seems to have yellow eyes, as seen in the two screenshots.
Flame Princess is shown to be able to conjure up flames at will. She is shown to have the ability to transform the other citizens of the Fire Kingdom into flambits. She is also able to transform into a much larger, more dangerous form composed of fire which she uses to follow Jake back to his home, and then proceeds to burn it and everything inside. Flame princess can also hurl fire balls at her enemies as seen in "Hot to the Touch" where she is firing them at Finn. She is also weak against water, shown after unintentionally setting off some of Princess Bubblegum's liquid fireworks above her head, she is quickly reduced to a weakened state, where her skin changes to dull shades of gray. It's revealed in "Hot to the Touch" that the fire that Flame Princess makes is a part of her, and snuffing or dousing the fire causes her pain, first shown when Finn began to frantically stomp out flames surrounding him. She appears to be able to consciously remove fire she has created, as she does when she notices Finn crying.Also she is beautiful!
She has a very hot-headed personality and is described as "Evil" by the Flame King. She seems to be slightly spoiled and appears to hold grudges for a while. She angers easily and seems to have very loose control over her own powers, as demonstrated when she shoots flames out of her head, creating Flambo-like creatures, which is likely the cause of her imprisonment in the first place. The Flame King himself, remarks that she is difficult to control. She is also shown to be very curious when Jake was giving her gifts in the episode "Incendium," and in the episode "Hot to the Touch," she seemed to be curious about her new surroundings. She also appeared to be very loving to Jake's clone of Finn (made with Jake's stretchy powers) until he rejected her. At the end of "Hot to the Touch," she showed that she liked Finn, but thought that they couldn't be together because of being opposite elementals. (She thought Finn was a water elemental.) Pendleton Ward has referred to her as "intense."
- She's the only princess that the Ice King hasn't mentioned.
- Pendleton Ward and the show's cast first introduced her at Comic-Con 2011.
- Natasha Allegri has drawn Flame Prince, a gender-swapped version of her.
- The reason Flame Princess was locked in a lamp is unknown. It may be because her father didn't want her breaking out and going psycho. Alternately, she may have become psycho from being locked up all the time. It could have also been for her own protection.
- It is unknown where Flame Princess is going to live after what happened in "Hot to the Touch."
- Whenever her flames are extinguished, even when not connected to her body, it causes her pain.
- When she accidentally sets a fire by touching flowers, her fire spread and got extinguished by a nearby pond. She did not scream in pain, but she did gasp.
- Flame Princess refers to herself as a fire elemental, and refers to Finn as a water elemental (alluding that she either does not know what humans are or believes they are extinct).
- She is the only known princess to have invaded another kingdom.
- Flame Princess is one of the few princesses that has not been captured or even mentioned by the Ice King. This is probably because she is Finn's age and he has shown no interest in princesses that young. Another possible reason is than she is too dangerous even to him, since fire and ice are also opposites.
|The full image gallery for Flame Princess may be viewed at Flame Princess/Gallery.|
- ↑ http://www.formspring.me/MrMuto/q/293578497576667789
- ↑ http://www.formspring.me/PadraigS/q/293868261009800387
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Video of Comic-Con panel. Skip to 8:20 for relevant question
- ↑ http://www.formspring.me/skronked/q/295481974536015382