First, I'll add the things we know about Princess Bubblegum's ageing process:
- She is biologically 18 years old
- Her age is dependent on bodymass and if she loses too much of it she can become younger
- According to Pen, she consumes other candy people regularly to "replace lost biomass", as seen in Video Makers, and can grow older if enough biomass is added as seen in Too Young
So we get from this information that PB's age is not exactly consistent and she doesn't grow naturally in the same way Finn does for example, but we're not exactly sure if she's continuously ageing or if she is perpetually 18 until she adds a large amount of biomass to herself. When she is consuming other candy people, is it making her grow older, or is it making her remain at the same age? Could PB actually be far older than we know, far older than '18'?
There are many factors leading us to believe that this may be the case, like how if she was 18 she can't have been ruler for very long, and how old is Lemongrab? And how long has she known Marceline? But the latest episode gave us another huge factor to work on. In Baby-Snaps' memories of the orphanage we see that he is far younger, in his childhood. But PB somehow retains her 18-year-old appearence in the memory. How long ago was this? Does Baby-Snaps age quickly, or does PB age incredibly slowly? They certainly don't seem to age consistently with each other. Peppermint Butler ALSO seems to be far more childlike, he is dancing around with the other candy children when PB is reading the story.
Is this a continuity error or is this blatant fact that PB does not age? Or was it, well, only a couple of years ago? What's your opinions? ~icanhascheezeburger
- Well duh she's old. Adam (or was it Andy? Maybe even Pen? All of them?) said she'll live as long as it takes for gum to go bad. Which(you know, if you keep chewing it, if you just put it in a bottle and forget about it, it'll get rotten in about two weeks. I speak from personal experience)is freaking FOREVER! I always imagine her having the same thing as Marceline, as in, when she wants to be young, she can be young, when she wants to be old, she can be old. That's why Marcegum is such a good idea. And for the fact that everyone will be happy except those awful Finncelines. (I'd expect Fubblegums to adjust to Flyme pretty quickly, as I did) 22.214.171.124 01:19, June 29, 2012 (UTC)
- I agree that Marcegum is a fantastic idea for a huge number of reasons, mainly civil rights reasons, and so is Flyme because it shuts the remaining Finnceline and Fubblegum shippers up. Which is why it would be great for the subtext if it was confirmed that PB doesn't age. Did they really say that she doesn't age? She uses some kind of therapy sometimes to keep the bubblegum fresh I bet xD like what she did in 'Duke of Nuts' where she used some kind of milk to replace the pink in the bubblegum, I don't know.
- Also, just found this: http://www.formspring.me/skronked/q/269116405041864169
- I'm glad that other people noticed Pb staying 18. In the beggining of the show, Finn was 12, then 13, and as comfirmed by Pendletan Ward 14. Yet Bubblegum was still 18. Love the theories!
- 126.96.36.199 21:22, July 6, 2012 (UTC) Some Random Guy 2:22 PM Mountain Time July 6th, 2012
look the whole marceline and pb thing is sick because its not right to advertise homosexuality to children who watch and emulate cartoons. A childs first crush cannot be of the same gender e.g preschool or middle school crush, but if things like that are advertised it may happens because kids copy what they see. I dont judge people based on their sexuality but i also dont beleive that it should be advertised. it should even be censored like cuss words on this wiki because a lot of kids are on this wiki. Oh and your welcome to say im wrong about the first crush thing if you can prove me wrong with hardcore facts and not stories or speculations. Anyway stop it its not cool Azikiwe17 (talk) 15:54, March 12, 2013 (UTC)
- It's a cartoon show, anything could happen. --I'd like your feedback as to whether I was brilliant or simply outstanding. 15:58, March 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Please remember to sign your posts with four tildes (~~~~). --I'd like your feedback as to whether I was brilliant or simply outstanding. 16:03, March 12, 2013 (UTC)
ThatGuySittingInTheCornerOverThere. You are a Homophobe. Plain and simple. Get your ignorance out of here. 188.8.131.52 21:20, March 12, 2013 (UTC)
Homophobia means to be afraid of gay people. Which I'm not. I also do not dislike gay people. I just don't understand why so many people want Marcegum. I asked a question in search of a response. I did not state anything other than that. There was a guy after me who stated his feelings towards the show below my question that has his own opinion. Now if I could get a proper response from Icanhascheezeburger, it would be gladly appreciated. ThatGuySittingInTheCornerOverThere (talk) 00:05, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
really, your going to abuse me safely behind a pc screen also i don't beileve your first crush thing unless you where exposed to homosexuality when you where a kid Azikiwe17 (talk) 23:56, March 18, 2013 (UTC)
You've made my point for me. You don't believe someone could be attracted to the same gender young unless they saw homosexuals in media. Well that reasoning works the exact opposite way; if a child is exposed to only heterosexual couples they're going to copy that. You discredit someone else's statement but you have no way of proving it works either way. I'd also like you to explain why a gay relationship would be "sick". What would they do that is any different from the straight couples on the show? 184.108.40.206 17:36, March 19, 2013 (UTC)
there is a reason they are no gay animals, because it is natural to be heterosexual. So even if it is not televised or advertised heterosexual relationships would be common and prevalent. Although due to the media we are seeing more homosexual's than ever recorded, this is what I am against especially in cartoons. I may have used poor word choices when i called it sick but i was talking about the act of putting a homosexual couple on a cartoon and not homosexuality. Look I don't judge anyone its against the values I grew up with, if any event turns you homosexual or if you are i still treat you the same heck i have a gay friend he preety cool he is gay because he has high levels of estrogen. All I am saying if you are meant to be gay let it happen naturally and don't let it be because we let kids watch it and it became a normal thing. Azikiwe17 (talk) 22:27, March 25, 2013 (UTC)
Wrong, homosexuality is a practice in all species
attraction is simply that. attraction. Even throughought history there is evidence of homosexuality among humans. that's without media influence. Humans don't operate on pheramones. Mating in animals is based of pheramones, although they still practice homosexuality as a way to resolve conflict. Humans operate on a different level of intelligence. This intelligence says, "Hey I like this person. They're interesting to me and i like the way they look." it has nothing to do with being born like that or what species you are, it's all just a matter of preference. Humans develop slowly, this allows the mind to learn and expand and constantly change. Someone who's heterosexual at an early age may just decide to become homosexual later in life or vise versa. Janos557 (talk) 01:12, March 26, 2013 (UTC)
"What the heck. Why do so many people want Marcegum?"ThatGuySittingInTheCornerOverThere
The episode What Was Missing really made the idea take off.
Many people read into the lyrics of I'm Just Your Problem as being about a possible romantic relationship between Marceline and Princess Bubblegum, because of how strongly Marceline felt about the relationship and wanting to make up with her.
While it could have been read as just a very friendly "ex-best friends" relationship, an official Fredrator recap video of the episode strongly suggested (from 1:15-1:45) that Marceline and Bubblegum could have had a romantic relationship while showing fan art of the two in suggestive poses, and asked the viewers "What do you think about Marceline and Bubblegum getting together?"
Because of an official source suggesting that a relationship might be possible between the two, Marceline + Bubblegum really exploded with the fans since there now seemed to be a chance for their relationship to become real.
However, Frederator is just a producer of the show, and they did end up firing the person responsible for making the video.220.127.116.11 08:29, March 27, 2013 (UTC)
Wait. How did the forum on AGE come to THIS? Seriously guys. Get back on topic. Talk about this somewhere else. 18.104.22.168 16:15, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
So I noticed that in the episode "Too Young", Bubblegum looked the same as she does now while she is making Lemongrab. While Bubblegum is thirteen, she admits that Lemongrab has the right to the thrown since he is older than her. This proves that Lemongrab was created at least thirteen years ago and that Bubblegum has looked this way for at least thirteen years. Just thought I'd point that out.-teammarceline12345 01:58 March 30, 2013 (UTC)