"Friends Forever" is the thirty-second episode in the sixth season of Adventure Time. It is the one hundred eighty-eighth episode overall.
Ice King has a plan to form a perfect circle of friends.
In Ice Kings's castle, the penguins are constantly knocking over Ice King's stuff which annoys Ice King. He hears the doorbell ring and freezes and gets rid of the penguins by sweeping them in a room freezing ice over the entrance. The Ancient Sleeping Magi of Life Giving is at the door and Ice King invites him in to to share wizard knowledge. Ice King gives a tour around his house to the Ancient Sleeping Magi of Life Giving and then lures him to the a room with an oven. Ice King says that he's baking something and that he needs gloves to take the food out. The Ancient Sleeping Magi of Life Giving reluctantly gives it and then Ice King tells him to turn on a lamp in the middle of the room. The Ancient Sleeping Magi of Life Giving realises that he almost brought the lamp to life with his magic hands but Ice King shoves him towards the lamp. His hand touches the lamp bringing it togI life.
The Ancient Sleeping Magi of Life Giving realises that he has been tricked by the Ice King into being used to create life for Ice King's pleasure. Ice King acknowledges this but heads over to the lamp. The lamp is a living female and introduces herself as smart and nerdy talkative (according to Ice King.) Ice King suddenly makes fart sounds with his hand trying to amuse the lamp, but it has no interest. The Ancient Sleeping Magi of Life Giving starts to leave as he doesn't want to be used again, Ice King then says he can never have enough friends, which attracts The Ancient Sleeping Magi of Life Giving back to Ice King, however, Ice King now freezes him and uses his hands to bring all the furnitures in his Ice Castle to life. The furniture now all alive start to question their life existence as they think its an illusion, which confuses Ice King. Ice King suddenly proceeds to do the same thing with his hand to produce fart noises in attempt to amuse the furniture, but show no interest. He then backs away into the kitchen and asks the lamp what he's doing wrong. The lamp tells Ice King that he has to find out what they're interested in and read up on it.
Ice King takes an few books in his library and starts to read but soon gets bored and falls asleep. When he wakes up, he hears distinct conversations oustide the library. He opens the door and find the furnitures having a party. They are all seen to be bonding with each other. Ice King walks up to them and starts to do the fart noises with his hand again, but yet again, they aren't interested and walk away. Ice King gets frustrated and asks why they don't like him. The furniture stand up for each other and start to tell secrets about Ice King and that he sometimes cries at night and wear baby diapers. The drawer goes on and wants to show prove that Ice King has baby diapers. He tries to open the bottom drawer but it's locked. Then a key runs out of a room and unlocks the drawer and reveals fourbaby diapers. All the furnitures gasp in shock. The furniture now all agree that they think Ice King is weird and that Ice King has problems. They go on and give out embarrassing secrets and Ice King shouts out "I get okay, I'm a dang ding-dong," and walks away to a corner. The lamp goes over to Ice King and tells Ice King that he could fit in more by being a listener and always being quiet. Ice King looks at the lamp and refuses her advice.
Ice King is now shouting at the furniture and telling them that they can't treat Ice King badly as Ice King made them to be his "bros." He gives each and every furniture a lecture and tells them that they upset him by using confusing words. Ice King tells them to get out of his Ice Castle but they object stating that they have been in his castle as long as he has and that they have as much right as he Ice KIng to stay in the castle. One of the furnitures request to vote him out as he is outnumbered. The Ice King threatens to use his Ice Powers against them but the key takes his Ice Crown off his head and chucks it in the drawer where he locks it. One of the furniture tells Ice King that the crown is on of the reason why he has problems and they all corner him against a corner and start to hit him with diapers and tell him that they don't like him but they're here for him and continue to make fun of him until he gets furious and takes a weight lift, smashes open the drawer and puts his Ice Crown back on and freezes all of the furnitures.
Now, Ice King is seen throwing all of the frozen furniture out of his Ice Castle where they would fall to the ground to be destroyed. The lamp however is still alive and is at the back of Ice King. She tells Ice King that he is greedy and made life just to destroy it at the end. Ice king then tells the lamp that he tried to be friends with the furniture but they didn't give him a shot, and before Ice King could throw her off his Ice Castle, The Ancient Sleeping Magi of Life Giving turns the lamp back to normal. The Ancient Sleeping Magi of Life Giving is now unfrozen and is sitting beside Ice King on the edge of the Castle while they drink juice. The Fionna and Cake Omnibus is on Ice King's lap. The Ancient Sleeping Magi of Life Giving asks Ice King to be his best friend. Ice King refuses ands tells The Ancient Sleeping Magi of Life Giving that he likes the The Fionna and Cake Omnibus and that they should both be friends with it. The The Fionna and Cake Omnibus shouts out "Write in me, write in me!" and farts on the Ice King. The Ancient Sleeping Magi of Life Giving agrees with Ice King.
Mentioned and picturedEdit
- This is the third episode (not counting gender-swapped episodes) where both Finn and Jake do not appear. The first is "Princess Day" and the second is "Evergreen."
- When Ice King answers the door to the Ancient Sleeping Magi of Life Giving, he exclaims "Life-Giving Magus!" using the singular form of the plural word Magi just as he did in "Thanks for the Crabapples, Giuseppe!".
- It is revealed in this episode that Ice King and Abracadaniel are no longer friends
- It also revealed that Ice King froze Abracadaniel and is holding him prisoner in his house.
- This must have happened recently, due to Abracadaniel's normal appearance in "Jake The Brick"
- Most of Ice King's furniture such as his Drum Set, microwave, drawer, weights, coat hanger and key were frozen and destroyed in this episode.
- The book that the Ice King reads is not actually random, as it seems to narrate Simon's thoughts of the Mushroom War.
- When the Ice King shows the Ancient Sleeping Magi of Life Giving around his Ice kingdom, Ice King calls his home gym the "no flab zone", which is similar to the phrase popularized in Rae Sremmurd's single, "No Flex Zone".
- While forcing the frozen Magus of Life Giving to animate the objects around his home, the Ice King announces "My incredible crew is almost complete!" "Incredible Crew" was a short-lived sketch comedy show on Cartoon Network on which Finn's voice actor, Jeremy Shada, was a regular cast member.
- When the Ice King tells the dresser that he intended for him to be his improv coach, the dresser responds "Yes... and?" "Yes, and..." is one of the fundamental techniques of improvisational performance, meaning that a performer should accept whatever their fellow actors give them, while also adding something of their own.
- The hi-hat seems to speak with a similar accent and possesses a similar "split-head" movement as Canadians are portrayed on South Park.
- The lamp's art style is reminiscent of The Brave Little Toaster's art style, specifically the creepy hanging lamp. The episode also has a similar theme as the movie with household appliances being alive.
- The Fionna and Cake Omnibus returns in this episode, not seen since Ancient Sleeping Magi of Life Giving brought it to life in "Mystery Dungeon."
- The living furniture refer to Ice King as "Simon".
- This episode aired on Cartoon Network New Zealand at about 5:00 p.m. on March 18, 2015, and in Latin America at about 9:00 p.m. on April 6, 2015.