Huntress Wizard (occasionally called HW) is one of the competitors in the Wizard Battle in the episode "Wizard Battle." She is seen in "Reign of Gunters" hanging out in front of the magical item shop in Wizard City, and talks briefly to the Ice King. She appears again in "Wizards Only, Fools" standing on a building while watching Princess Bubblegum leaping over her to escape from the Wizard Police. She is seen again fighting among several other wizards against Bella Noche in the episode "Betty." Her first major appearance is in the episode "Flute Spell."
She has leaf hair and tree branch antlers, along with a tan hood and a black eye mask. She has light green eyes with dark green vertical pupils similar to those of a cat, and her skin is turquoise. She wears a purple shirt (though it's green in "Flute Spell"), tan pants, a black belt, a black cape, and long black/purple boots. She also sports a quiver of arrows on her back, suggesting that she is an archer. She wears a tan glove on one hand but not on the other, another sign of an archer.
She is initially shown as laid-back, and appears to have a sarcastic and insolent approach to things. It was later shown in "Flute Spell" that she is one of a single-minded focus, only being able to see what is in front of her. She has a fear of becoming soft, so strong that it led her to the madness and sadness which comes with wizardry. Because she clings onto her beliefs, she feels that she can't be with Finn despite her feelings for him.
Huntress Wizard first met Finn in "Flute Spell," where she had came across him playing his flute while nude in a river. At the end of the episode, Finn revealed that he had been playing his flute for her, and in turn she revealed that she had been playing her flute for him. The two kissed each other, but she pulled away, stating that 'exceptional beasts' such as themselves are not meant to be together. Later, in an episode titled "Wheels," when Finn played his flute in a skate park, she looked at him from behind a bush, which might indicate she still holds an interest in Finn and/or his flute playing.
However, in the episode "The Wild Hunt," Huntress Wizard helps Finn by putting herself in danger to help him overcome his mental blockade. After that, Huntress Wizard flirts with Finn by saying "We both know you're totally in love with me." She then accepts another kiss from Finn.
- Is very swift and agile.
- Physically stronger than Finn. Can carry him on her back and run with high speed.
- Can fire bolts of lightning from her palms.
- Has magic arrows that she can levitate. Her arrow can deflect acidic attack from Grumbo.
- Can weave her arrows and ropes from grass.
- Can grow leaves and branches from her body.
- Can travel through grass.
- Can become a tree or log and attach to another tree.
- Can detect the use of plant based magic from others.
- "Wizard Battle" (debut)
- "Reign of Gunters"
- "Wizards Only, Fools" (cameo)
- "Hoots" (cameo)
- "You Forgot Your Floaties"
- "Wheels" (cameo)
- "The Light Cloud" (flashback, cameo)
- "Skyhooks II"
What's it look like, ya donk? (talking to Ice King)
You trying to get killed, Ice King?
I uh... I worry that hard meat don't get eat. That is to say, if I ever find what I'm looking for, I'll become soft and cease to matter in this world. Fear of softness is what drove me to the mad and sad world of wizarding. And Finn (kisses Finn), my flute spell was for you too. You're an exceptional beast and you have great hair, but exceptional beasts like us cannot fall in love—that is the secret of ordinary people.
Yeah, right. We both know you're totally in love with me.
- In "Wizard Battle", Huntress Wizard was only female wizard to compete in the Wizard Battle. Other female wizards (the Lady Wizard 1, Lady Wizard 2, and Science Whyzard) who showed up for the competition were turned away or got turned into cats when they tried to leave, because they didn't want to kiss a girl (Princess Bubblegum) on the mouth.
- She was designed by Michelle Xin.
- She speaks for the first time in "Reign of Gunters."
- She displays the ability to magically levitate her arrows in "Reign of Gunters."
- Although she has arrows, she is never seen with a bow. It could be that she does not need one, due to her levitation ability.
- Her ability to transform into a log is used to reference the phrase 'I slept like a log', as she was literally sleeping as a log until the point when she woke up.
- She is the second character in the show (the first being Flame Princess) to show romantic interest in Finn, have those feelings returned, and kiss him too.