|Introduced in||"Fionna and Cake"|
|Voiced by||Grey DeLisle|
The Ice Queen is the fictional gender-swapped version of the Ice King, created by the original series designer, Natasha Allegri. She has winter/ice-related powers like Ice King, which originates from her tiara. She makes her first appearance in the episode "Fionna and Cake," in which it is revealed that she, like all the other gender-swapped characters, exists only in fanfiction written by the Ice King.
The Ice Queen has light blue skin, long white hair, and long lightning-shaped eyebrows. Her hair, while also long like the Ice King's beard, is wavy with curls instead of shaggy. She wears a small golden tiara with red gems and a neck band bejeweled with a single blue gem in the center. She also wears a blue long sleeved ball gown, and light and dark blue shoes.
Interestingly, despite being a creation of the Ice King's imagination, the Ice Queen is far more cruel, evil, and aggressive than he is. She uses much more violent and complex means to get her way than the Ice King does, such as tormenting Fionna with a wild scheme in order to put her out of commission, and leaving her free to obtain Prince Gumball, while the Ice King would usually break in through a window with a cheesy phrase. She is more serious than the Ice King, but like her counterpart, she inevitably fails.
Natasha Allegri has confirmed that the Ice Queen has a different origin than the Ice King (meaning that she found her tiara a different way). This is presumably because Ice King is so dissociated from his own past that he cannot give Ice Queen the same one. Due to the Ice Queen raising Cake as a kitten, Fionna is adopted in a different way.
|The following information is from the Adventure Time comic book series.|
It may not be part of the same canon or continuity as the animated series.
In Issue 16, it is revealed that Ice King created a real life, giant Ice Queen to put in his dungeon, which he abandoned 200 years ago. When they meet again, Ice Queen rebuffs him and attempts to kill Finn and Jake, however Ice King flys through her chest causing her to shatter to pieces. This also frees an old lady Ice King used to power her "secondary regality processor."
- The Ice Queen's final designs differ from that of her initial designs, and this is because Natasha wanted her dress to resemble the dresses worn by Anastasia and Drizella, Cinderella's mean stepsisters from the Disney film Cinderella.
- Just as the Ice King's source of power is his crown, Ice Queen's is her tiara, which even Cake uses for an ice attack at one point.
- The Ice Queen's eyebrows are the equivalent of the Ice King's beard, allowing flight.
- The Ice Queen's eyebrows were inspired by the Night Elves from World of Warcraft.
- The Ice Queen refers to Fionna as a "tomboy."
- In Natasha's drawing, Ice Queen was the previous owner of Cake, who cared for her as a kitten.
- Fionna warns Cake about Ice Queen's tiara, saying that Cake "might catch her crazy." This infers that it would make her evil. It also mirrors Ice King's origin story in "Holly Jolly Secrets Part II."
- Because the Ice King wrote this, it shows that, subconciously, he knows of his mentally deteriorated condition, and that it all came from the crown.
- It is possible that Ice Queen's more evil personality and cunning is based on what Ice King believes himself to be like. It is also possible that he made her like this to make him sound more tough, as it is he that wrote this story.
- According to Natasha, the Ice Queen's backstory is completely different from that of the Ice King, meaning she acquired her tiara in a different way, to that of the king's crown.
- She, unlike Ice King, can do a perfect imitation of Prince Gumball, while Ice King's imitation of Princess Bubblegum is horrible.
- While the Ice King is always barefoot, the Ice Queen wears shoes.
- There is a "Pet Society" costume of her.
- There is an outfit of her on Ourworld.com, like all the other characters.
See Ice Queen/Quotes.
|The full image gallery for Ice Queen may be viewed at Ice Queen/Gallery.|