| Season 3, episode 26|
|Airdate:||February 13, 2012|
|Story:|| Mark Banker|
| Written &|
| Adam Muto|
"Hot to the Touch"
"Incendium" is the twenty-sixth episode in the third season of Adventure Time. It is the seventy-eighth episode overall.
PlotThe episode opens with Princess Bubblegum showing Finn and Jake her Liquid Pyrotechnics. Finn makes an attempt to put his head on her lap, but she pushes him away, saying, "Come on, Finn, don't be weird."
Finn becomes heart-broken and, after a rainstorm comes and passes and Princess Bubblegum leaves, he curls up in a corner with a piece of PB's hair and two pictures of her. He then sings All Gummed Up Inside to express his misery and starts moaning in pain knowing that it's hopeless to win Princess Bubblegum's heart, leaving Jake and BMO feeling sorry for him.
In an attempt to cheer him up, Jake seeks a new love interest for Finn. Jake then, heard a scream (which he thought it was a girl's scream) and stumbles across Flambo, who is being attacked by Iron Owls. Then Jake asks Flambo about princesses Finn's age. Flambo then tells him about a "hot" Princess in the Fire Kingdom. When they get there, Flambo casts flame shields on Jake so it will be safe for him to go in. Jake then checks on Finn, who's desperately trying not to cry. Jake goes into the castle and introduces himself as the "Baron of the Grasslands" to the Flame King, and then attempts to win over the Flame Princess for Finn. Firstly, he offers a water bottle which he accidentally kills the Flame Jester with. Flame King implies that he hated his jester. Jake's second attempt was singing All Warmed Up Inside as a serenade. Flame King wasn't impressed with the song and demands that Jake leave. Jake then checks on Finn with BMO's camera sadly saying he's sorry. Finn is now bawling and tells BMO to go away. BMO's hands are shown in an arrow pointed toward Finn's open pants while BMO walks towards Finn, while repeatedly saying "Boop, Boop, Boop". The view switches to Jake looking weirded out and Finn is heard yelling in pain/surprise. The Flame King demands to know why Finn isn't here, so Jake stretches his stomach to look like Finn, who greets the Flame King and offers him a koala bear (made with Jake's stretchy powers) since they were Flame King's favorite animal, but the Flame King rejects, saying he no longer likes koala bears. Fake Finn begins to cry and Jake tries to cheer him up, but he loses control of fake Finn who begins to attack him and (seemingly) kill him. This impresses the Flame King who states that a prince who is willing to kill his own buffoon is welcome to date his evil, destructive daughter much to Jakes horror.
Flame Princess walks over to the Finn-shaped-Jake and embraces him. Some fire elementals and Jake remark that she actually seems normal and FP responds by shooting fire at them and turning them into flambits. Upon observing this, Jake concludes that FP is an evil princess. Jake makes his Finn say that he does not like FP anymore. Flame Princess is enraged, causing mass chaos with her destructive fire powers. Jake attempts to flee to the tree house, but she follows him in her flaming, monstrous form and sets the tree house aflame. Jake tries to warn Finn, but Finn does not notice or care because of his depression over PB.
The fire soon spreads inside the tree fort, destroying Finn's picture of Princess Bubblegum before his eyes. Finn becomes enraged by this, vowing to kill whoever started the destructive fire. He looks out the window to see Flame Princess's monster form scaling the tree fort. Flame Princess accidentally ignites the rest of PB's liquid fireworks. This makes Finn even more furious, and he shouts at her to not touch PB's stuff. The drops from the
Liquid Pyrotechnics hit Flame Princess, dousing out her flames. This reduces her to her normal girl form, which surprises Finn. She briefly passes out and Finn catches her in his arms. She wakes up soon after and asks Finn why he doesn't like her. Finn immediately replies that he does like her. Flame Princess blushes and tells Finn not to mess with her again. She slaps him and departs in a huff.
The episode ends with Finn telling Jake, "Dude, I think I have a crush."
- Princess Bubblegum
- Fire Elementals
- Iron Owls
- This episode was previously titled "Heart of the Fire Kingdom".
- The Snail can be seen at 1:30 in the ripped picture of the woman in the tree house living room.
- Incendium means "the fire" or "burning" in Latin.
- This is the second episode with its name in Latin. The first was "Morituri Te Salutamus."
- Flame Princess' mouth hangs open when Finn says that he likes her, but on the Facebook photo version, her mouth is closed.
- In the preview, Ricardio's voice (George Takei) seems to be narrating, which is most likely because the episode premieres the day before Valentine's Day.
- When Jake is fighting the second Iron Owl his attack is a reference to one of Monkey D. Luffy's attack Gomu Gomu no Ono (Gum Gum Battle Axe in English) in a popular anime One Piece.
- This is Adam Muto's and Rebecca Sugar's last episode as a team (see promo art). As from this episode, Adam Muto was promoted to creative director and Rebecca Sugar will work together with Cole Sanchez.
- Even though the episode airs at 7:30 PM Eastern/Pacific Time, the promo art says it airs at 8:00 PM, a mistake made because of a habit back when episodes aired at 8:00 PM.
- Rebecca Sugar said this the episode when she could finally make Finn cry, although he cried briefly before in "Jake vs. Me-Mow."  Even though this wasn't seen on the show, Finn says he spent thirty minutes crying in his bed after Jake almost suffocated him in a previous episode. This is the second episode where Finn is seen crying (not including him crying as a baby).
- "All Warmed Up Inside" originally came from "All Gummed Up Inside," although it is changed talking about Flame Princess rather than Princess Bubblegum, and it is changed with specific words that have the same singing tune than All Gummed Up Inside.
- Jake sings a song with what looks to be an acoustic guitar (on fire), though it sounds like a ukelele.
- BMO's game was a reference to Nintendo's Excitebike.
- When Finn tells BMO to go away; BMO performs a Kancho prank on Finn.
- When the Tree Fort begins to shake, the arm of another BMO can be seen next to the original BMO, as if BMO is standing in front of a mirror.
- When Jake ran out of the Fire Kingdom he was still blue but as soon as he entered the Tree Fort he changed back to his original color.
- When Jake threw things out of his backpack, you see a magazine with a burger on it, an orange peanut, and a bear doll.
- In the original storyboards, it shows Flame Princess shooting more Fire People.
- In the original storyboards, FP calls Finn freaky, after advising him to never mess wth her again.
- Flame Princess is kept in a giant lantern because Princess Bubblegum asked her father to put her away so she wouldn't fall in love and destroy the world.
- This is first Valentine's Special of Adventure Time.
- On iTunes, this episode along with the episodes "Another Way," "Ghost Princess," and "Dad's Dungeon" are incorrectly labeled as part of season four.
- In the first scene, on Jake's right side, there is a radio (Labelled "ROCK"). Later when it starts to rain, and Finn and Jake run indoors, the radio disappears.
- In the scene right before Finn sees Flame Princess on the roof, the thumb on his left hand is misplaced.
- When Finn is depressed he holds his wad of Princess Bubblegum's hair. In the scene when Jake walks away talking about Finn's love-life (right before Jake puts his boots on), the wad of hair is gone but Finn's hands are still in their previous position.
- When Finn leans over to lie down on Princess Bubblegum's lap his left shirt sleeve is the same color as his skin for a few frames.
This episode was censored on Cartoon Network Australia. See Censorship of Adventure Time in Australia for more information.
|See Full Storyboard|
<videogallery id="0"> Video:Adventure Time - Incendium (shorter preview)|Short preview Video:Adventure Time - Incendium (extended preview)|Extended preview Video:"Incendium" Animatic|Animatic </videogallery>