|"Jake the Dad"|
| Season 5, episode 6|
|Airdate:||January 7, 2013|
|Story:|| Patrick McHale|
| Written &|
| Tom Herpich|
"All the Little People"
"Jake the Dad" is the sixth episode in the fifth season of Adventure Time. It is the one hundred and tenth episode overall.
BMO and Finn are walking to Lady Rainicorn's barn after receiving word of the newly born pups. They walk in, and Jake introduces them to all five of the pups, Charlie, Jake Jr., T.V., Viola, and Kim Kil Whan. After the pups play with Finn and BMO for a while, Jake tells the pair that now that he has the pups to take care of, and he cannot really play with them anymore. Finn acknowledges Jake's new responsibility and leaves with BMO, who runs back at the last second to play with the pups for a short amount of time.
That night, Jake stays awake for he feels something will happen to the pups. Eventually, he gets up and goes to make Lady Rainicorn and the pups french toast with the help of the holo-message his mom had, but soon becomes distracted when he notices that the pups are not moving. Frantically, he asks the holo-message what it means when the pups are not moving, to which it replies that they are dead. Jake freaks out and wakes them up.
The next day, Jake then reads them the story of the Baby Eating Fox and the Babies, but upon realizing that it is a violent book about a fox eating babies, he throws the book outside and decides to take them for a walk. Then, a scene is shown where foxes outside Lady's house plan to eat the pups after one of them finds the book. As Jake and the puppies walk, Jake shoots down every attempt that they make to have fun for fear that they will get hurt. Tired from intense worrying and lack of sleep, eventually, Jake falls asleep and the puppies run off.
When Jake awakes, he sees the puppies having fun and he quickly tries to get them under control, but eventually he falls back asleep. Lady Rainicorn then calls the puppies in an attempt to ease some of Jake's stress. When they get to the barn, the foxes come out and, after a short discussion,they decide Jake is a baby and conclude they want to eat him.
Seeing this, the puppies go to help Jake, who is too tired to fight back. Though Jake advises against it, the puppies decide to help anyway. When Jake Jr. tells him that the holo-message was a piece of junk, Jake has a flashback about he and his mother confronting a cobra that had jumped out of a policeman's boom box. He recalls that he himself said that the holo-message was a piece of junk and used his stretchy powers to smack the cobra away. Together, the puppies and Jake form Super Pup and utilize their enhanced Rainicorn powers to scare the foxes away.
After this, Jake is shown returning home, declaring that he will stay with Finn and BMO. He then comments that the Rainicorns grow fast and that Kim Kil Whan already has a beard, much to Finn's amazement. The episode then closes with Jake saying he had left all his stuff at the Tree Fort anyway.
- The words on Finn's shirt read "BEST UNKLE" written upside-down.
- In Mom's manual, Finn is shown in Margaret's shopping cart when speaking about breakfast.
- At the end, the pups say "수학! [suhag!]" which means "Mathematical!"
- This is the first episode to premiere in 2013.
- When Jake was presenting the pups to Finn and BMO, the name banners have unique objects on either side: Charlie's banner has two pink flowers, T.V.'s banner has two yellow ducks facing each other, Viola's banner has roses on top and bottom, a viola on the left side and a fiddle on the right side, Kim Kil Whan's banner has a hotdog on the banner, and Jake Jr.'s banner has a treasure chest, with gold littering near it and has a skull and a sword on either side of the chest.
- Jake blows on the manual's cartridge like an old video game cartridge.
- Jake's phrase "Mom's Manual Knows Best" could be a nod to 1940's sitcom, "Father Knows Best"
- The puppies formation to save Jake from the foxes is a reference to robot combining transformations as seen in Japanese animated shows or live-action shows such as the GoLion (Voltron) and Super Sentai (Power Rangers') franchise.
- The beginning of the long preview was taken from the ending of "Lady & Peebles," when Lady said that she was pregnant.
- Jake was shown to be wearing Joshua's hat. Joshua was seen wearing this hat in "Memories of Boom Boom Mountain," "Crystals Have Power," "Dad's Dungeon," and "King Worm."
- The pups are shown to have the ability to morph others into their bodies. Lady Rainicorn was shown to possess this power in "The Creeps."
- The reusable grocery bag that Jake carries the holo-message player in says "Breakfast Kingdom" which was shown in "Hitman." It also says "Public Library" under that.
- When seen close up, the holo-cartridge shows a photo. When the view pulls back, the logo is replaced by a hole the color of Jake's skin.
- There were some cups around Jake when he was watching the kids with binoculars, when he looked at the clock the cups disappeared, when he is yawning all the cups except one reappear.
- Both times Jake tells his pups the story about the snake and learning about safety, Viola's horn cannot be seen.
- After reading page 3 of "Baby Eating Fox and the Babies," Jake turns the page from left to right instead of vice versa.
- When Jake stretches to look out the window the plastic bag, the holo-message player, and the hat TV just threw on the floor disappear. When Jake takes the book away from them only the holo-message player reappears and the duck on the couch is gone too.
- When TV hits the hat with the duck the pillow on the couch is missing.
- When Jake asks the manual if the book is appropriate for babies the bow on the hat has moved.
- The words on Finn's shirt "BEST UNKLE" were removed when Jake was walking back to the Tree Fort.
- This episode was originally set to release on December 10, 2012. However, due to a last minute programming change, because of Cartoon Network's Christmas Marathon, it was moved to January 7, 2013.