|Occupation||Princess Bubblegum's Royal Pet/Transport|
|Relatives|| Bob Rainicorn (father)|
Ethel Rainicorn (mother)
|Introduced in||Animated Short|
|Latest appearance||“Lady & Peebles"|
|Voiced by|| Dee Bradley Baker (pilot)|
Niki Yang (series)
Lady is a long unicorn-like creature. She has rainbow colored stripes along her body, a bleach blonde mane, and big round eyes similar to Jake's. She also has a single white, sharply-pointed horn. Her mom has a long body like hers, unlike her father. This means that she inherited her length from her mother, since in the episode "Her Parents" her mother and father don't find it odd that Jake can stretch or is long like the females before they know he is a dog. Because Ethel's body is longer than Lady's, and Bob's body is much shorter, it is also possible that Lady has inherited both traits resulting in a body length that is in-between (longer than Bob, shorter than Ethel).
Lady has the ability to fly, phase through walls, and can use her horn to change the color of anything she wants. In the episode "My Two Favorite People," Lady Rainicorn explains to Finn that she can fly because her body can intercept beams of reflected light from the sun and "dance around" on them. In the same episode, she is shown to live in a stable in the Cotton Candy Forest. Like her parents, she can fire a chromatic light beam from her horn, which seemingly hurts. Also, Lady can stretch longer or shorter as you can see when she lands. She may have limited Stretchy Powers. It is revealed in "The Creeps" that she can phase through walls and also carry people while phasing. She can play the viola, like Jake. She also has the power to meld people into her being.
Personality and traits
Lady is laid-back and likes to interact with Jake and Princess Bubblegum. She is considered Princess Bubblegum's companion, like Jake is Finn's companion. She does not speak Korean in the original short; she only makes soft cooing sounds (or, near the beginning, hysterical screaming coos). However, Jake seems to understand what she says when he talks to her. She believes she is smarter than Jake. She may also have a fondness for Power Rings although she seems to have no fingers.
Lady Rainicorn, unlike both of her parents, doesn't wear a Universal Translator. It's possible that she chooses not to because her closest friends, Jake and Princess Bubblegum, both speak Korean. It is worth noting however, that Lady Rainicorn understands English, but either cannot speak it or chooses not to. This is obvious because of the fact that neither Jake nor Princess Bubblegum speak Korean when talking to her.
On the official website in Lady's description, it says Jake is her boyfriend and that they get along so well because of their common interest in the viola. This relationship began in the short when he and Lady Rainicorn were flirting and sharing interests. At the beginning of "Slumber Party Panic," she is shown being playfully chased by Jake, and later in the episode, they both seem to very much enjoy playing "Seven Minutes in Heaven" (which is a game where two people are locked in a closet together to kiss for 7 minutes, sometimes leading to other things.) In "My Two Favorite People," Lady recalls a time when she and Jake ran naked through a farmers field, causing Jake and herself to blush which may indicate some level of intimacy in their relationship. In "My Two Favorite People," Jake is torn between his desires to go adventuring with Finn and hanging out with his girlfriend. Lady later says she loves Jake "because he's an idiot" and that he makes her "feel like a genius." In "Video Makers", Jake gets very jealous when Mr. Cupcake flirts with Lady and becomes violently protective of her. The relationship appears to be rather serious, as he also was worried about his impression on her parents and even went to say he was studying Rainicorn history for their future children. Lady's mother Ethel referred to Jake as hers and Bob's future son-in-law, hinting that she can see them getting married. In Go With Me, Jake takes her to the movie night and they ended up making out through the whole movie night. In the episode "Burning Low", Jake explains to Finn about "tiers" in relationships and is talking about his relationship with Lady Rainicorn in the process. Jake's implications in the explanation indicate that he is very intimate with Lady.
Princess BubblegumLady is usually seen with or near Princess Bubblegum in the Cotton Candy Forest in the Candy Kingdom. In the Animated Short, she shows great concern when the princess is abducted by Ice King, and even tried to rescue her from him. She is sometimes described as the princess' pet. In "What Have You Done?", Lady flew the princess to the Ice Kingdom so she could ask for Ice King's help in ending the plague in the Candy Kingdom, and showed great disgust at him when he mistook their pleas for help for flirting. Lady even speaks to him at this time, saying "Verily, you are a creature unworthy even of my lady's disdain." When Lady got injured by Eyes in "Lady and Peebles", Princess Bubblegum shows great concern for Lady.
In the beginning of episode "My Two Favorite People," Lady Rainicorn and Finn's relationship is awkward because of the language barrier. Attempting to fix this, she helps Finn and Jake recover the Universal Translator at the bottom of a lake guarded by Lake Knights. Finn is impressed by Lady Rainicorn's ability to fight and finds the translator's 'Old Man' voice option amusing, so they soon become friends. Jake gets rid of the Universal Translator, but any persistent issues Finn has with understanding Lady Rainicorn have yet to be mentioned.
Ethel Rainicorn is Lady's mother, who appears in "Her Parents". They may have a mother-daughter relationship, she is very shy to everyone but Jake, Bob, and Lady. She referred to Jake as her and Bob's future son-in-law.
Bob Rainicorn is married to Ethel, and is Lady's father. He might have a close relationship with Lady. Bob appears in "Her Parents", and is very impressed with "Rainicorn" Jake.
- In one room of the royal castle, there are two pictures of Lady Rainicorn on the wall: One of her upper half, and one of her lower half.
- Two Rainicorns appeared in the Double Rainbow promo. It may be that they are both Lady Rainicorn somehow doubling herself using the light.
- There are many episodes where Lady Rainicorn has cameos but not physical appearences: she shows up in photographs owned by Jake such as in "Rainy Day Daydream," "What is Life?," "Still," "The Eyes," "No One Can Hear You" and by Princess Bubblegum in "What Have You Done?," as well as graffiti art in the title card for "Heat Signature"and Jake drew her in the mud in "Burning Low" and in Jake's mind in "Mortal Folly" and "Dad's Dungeon," and other cameos.
- Her original name was "Lady, the Rainicorn."
- Unlike her parents, Lady Rainicorn chooses to not wear a Universal Translator to speak to people of Ooo. Generally, her words are known and translated by those who understand her, like Jake and Princess Bubblegum.
- Even though Lady Rainicorn looks friendly, she is actually a tough fighter, as shown when she saved Finn from Lake Knights.
- In the animated short, she spoke in a type of gurgling language instead of in Korean. It's guessed that the creators chose to give her a Korean accent to give her more appeal.
- Other aspects of the Rainicorn people seem to be subtlely based on Korean culture and history such as the Korean war, Korean games, and Korean delicacies.
- In "The Real You," Princess Bubblegum is seen in the beginning with a yellow t-shirt with a red Rainicorn on it. The Rainicorn may be Lady.
- Like many of the other characters, Lady Rainicorn has a gender-swapped counterpart in the Ice King's fanfiction: Lord Monochromicorn.
- Her favorite drink is iced latte as shown in "Video Makers."
- In "My Two Favorite People" Jake refers to her as "the rowdy queen."
- In "Apple Thief" Jake cooks Finn traditional Korean food that Lady Rainicorn taught him to make.
- In "From Bad to Worse" when Jake apologized to Lady Rainicorn for biting her, she responded, "I like it when you bite me," causing Jake to blush.
- Despite being based on a rainbow, Lady Rainicorn's body does not display any orange, but in the animated short she had orange on her body.
- She likes toads.
- In "Burning Low", Jake says her stomach is 15 feet long.
- In "Card Wars", it is revealed that Lady Rainicorn used to play Card Wars with Jake, and it made her mad that Jake always won the game.
- She can speak some English words, as shown in Lady & Peebles.
- As shown in "Lady & Peebles", you see five small dots and two larger dots on the heart monitor. Lady is pregnant, and the five dots indicate her unborn children.
- She is the first main character to become pregnant.
- She has nightmares about half-dead corpses hurting her family. This is supposedly because of the two times that the zombies attacked the Candy Kingdom.
- In "My Two Favorite People," Lady is wearing power rings, even though she does not appear to have any fingers. It is somewhat similar to Princess Bubblegum's earrings in "Mortal Folly" and "The Creeps."
"«" indicates where Lady Rainicorn has a spoken role with the English language.
- "Animated Short"
- "My Two Favorite People" «
- "Her Parents" «
- "From Bad to Worse" «
- "Lady & Peebles" «
- "Slumber Party Panic" «
- "The Enchiridion!"
- "Rainy Day Daydream " (shown)
- "Power Animal"
- "Go With Me"
- "Video Makers" «
- "Mortal Folly"
- "The Creeps" «
- "Holly Jolly Secrets Part II"
- "Paper Pete" (mentioned)
- "Dad's Dungeon" (drawn)
- "Dream of Love"
- "Card Wars" (mentioned)
- "Burning Low" (drawn and mentioned)
- "King Worm"
|The full image gallery for Lady Rainicorn may be viewed at Lady Rainicorn/Gallery.|