The game starts off with Finn in a dungeon. A sign on the wall tells the player to control Finn using the arrow keys on the keyboard. Later instruction on how to control and play the game is given as you explore the levels. A Lemon Bonus is given depending on the amount of Lemons the player collects in a level. As the player finds Lemon People scattered around the stages, they can move Finn in front of the cages to unlock them. There are various obstacles in the levels as well, and falling into them forces the player to restart the level. There are 20 levels in total. Lemongrab himself is also in some of the levels, and after fighting him the player
This game centers around Finn trying to free the Lemon People from Lemongrab's rule. Other Adventure Time characters are also trapped in the earldom, and rescuing them gives the player special abilities.
- Lemon Aid: Mystery badge.
- Sweet Kicks: Jump on an enemy.
- BMO Hops: Double jump.
- Elephant Prowess: Help from a friend: Ride on Tree Trunks.
- Unacceptable Escape: Defeat Lemongrab on Level 20.
- Lemon Grabber: Collect all the lemons in the game.