Lemongrab 3 came into existence at the end of "Lemonhope Part 2," when Princess Bubblegum combines both of the former Lemongrabs and various other Lemon People, which creates the third Lemongrab. The new Earl was seen ruling the Earldom of Lemongrab in "The Mountain," when he was commencing a dinner with other Lemon People. The dinner was concluded after one bite, and the Earl went to his window to stare out at his earldom before yelling "Lights out!" Lemongrab 3 thereafter went to bed. While lying awake, he was staring at his bedroom ceiling puzzled. A piece of the ceiling falls out, creating a hole, and Lemongrab becomes irritated by this and grabs his things and leaves for the Mountain of Matthew.
While in the mountain, the Earl goes on an introspective journey, seeing his greatest desire (to be accepted by his "mother" Princess Bubblegum), his worst fear (Lemonhope taking over his earldom and solving the ills that he, Lemongrab, once wrought), and his past selves (Lemongrab 1 and 2, arguing over Lemon-Sweets). Lemongrab chooses Lemon-Sweets, though he grows smaller and smaller while he jumps into Lemon-Sweets open mouth. Lemongrab slides down until he finds himself surrounded by darkness, but laying on top of a greasy yellow surface he finds unpleasant. The surface tips suddenly and Lemongrab falls, grabs the edge just in time, and is left dangling above the void. Lemongrab shakes his fist as he curses the circumstances. After he does, a disembodied voice tells him to taste the grease, then to look up. He looks up to see himself, staring back at himself. He then incredulously asks "I am grease?"
Lemongrab then comes to Matthew himself, and decides rather than merging with Matthew like so many before him, he pulls out lemon candies, which he calls 'Lemonjons', and throws them into Matthews mouth causing him to fall and explode into many small humanoid figures. With the help of Finn, Lemongrab fights the humanoids, escapes the mountain, and goes back to his castle where he, before going to bed, takes a lemon candy, chews it up and spits it into the ceiling hole.
When he was first stitched together, Lemongrab 3 was covered with stitches, and parts of his body were slightly deformed and miscolored. However, by "The Mountain," his stitches seem to have healed, and he wears a new outfit similar to his predecessors being gray with a rhombus split from the center from the side the top being white and the bottom being black, possibly symbolizing how he is a combination of the previous Lemongrabs. He also sports black and white boots, that resemble spectator shoes. And a new black belt with a lemon buckle.
In "Lemonhope Part 2", the original Earl swallows Lemongrab 2 and some Lemon Children, storing them in his stomach. However, they all blow up after Lemongrab 2 urges Lemonhope to play his harp. Princess Bubblegum stitches the remaining pieces of the Earls (and Lemon children) into a whole, completely reconstructing them into a single Lemongrab. He is very misshapen with mismatched skin and body parts, all sewn together with dark pink thread. Bubblegum then states he will soon be back to "his lonely old self, which seems to be his only stable relationship model." It is actually quite unclear as to why she could only save one Lemongrab, and not reconstruct him properly. She left him alone in the castle after his reconstruction.
- "Lemonhope Part 2" (debut)
- "Normal Man"
- "The Light Cloud" (flashback, cameo)
- "Skyhooks" (as Lemonpink 3)
- "Hero Heart" (as Lemonpink 3)
- "Skyhooks II"
Pictured or mentioned
- According to the storyboard for "Lemonhope Part 2, portions of Lemongrab 3 (referred to as "Lemongray" in the boards) are more of a white-yellow color because Lemongrab 2 (referred to as "Lemonwhite" in the boards) was deprived of sunlight while inside the belly of Lemongrab 1 (referred to as "Lemonblack" in the boards).
- He along with Lumpy Space Princess, Tiffany, Ricardio, Magic Man, Donny, and Squirrel were pictured in the credits of "Water Park Prank" as one of those who can't return to Wet Pipes Water Park.
- His sword seem to be different from the sound sword or an improved version of it.
- Lemongrab and Lumpy Space Princess go on picnic date in Normal Man. Based on her comments, they apparently met through an online dating site. Lemongrab was quickly freaked out at the prospect of food being served on a blanket and ended the date, though Lumpy Space Princess pointed out that he needed to deal with his fear of intimacy. Based on his reaction though, it seems as if she's not the best person to teach him this, as he's dealt with her before, and she's made him very uncomfortable.
Yo, yo! It's grease!
If you are the head the blooms atop the ziggurat, then the stairs that lead to you must be infinite. Infinite stairs are unacceptable!