|Lumpy Space Princess|
|Name||Lumpy Space Princess|
|Age||15 (debut, but aged realistically throughout the rest of the series)|
|Species|| Lumpy Space Person
Cyborg (temporarily in "His Hero")
|Relatives|| Lumpy Space Queen (mother)|
Lumpy Space King (father)
Johnnie (short term boyfriend in "Bad Timing")
Brad (her ex as seen in "Trouble in Lumpy Space")
|Introduced in||"Trouble in Lumpy Space"|
|Latest appearance||"Princess Day"|
|Voiced by||Pendleton Ward|
Lumpy Space Princess (often referred to by her initials, LSP) is the princess of Lumpy Space. She is one of the three most recurring princess including Flame Princess and Princess Bubblegum. Finn and Jake have both traveled to Lumpy Space as well as to her parents' residence after she accidentally bit Jake in "Trouble in Lumpy Space." According to the events in "Princess Day" she is not recognized by the chair of princesses, partially because her dramatic attitude and the fact that she is no longer the heir to Lumpy Space.
Starting from the episode "To Cut a Woman's Hair," Lumpy Space Princess was living on her own in the woods of Ooo. According to her story in "The Monster," she lived among wolves, was banished, and began terrorizing a small village in order to eat their crops. She had returned to Lumpy Space, but as of "Princess Monster Wife," she decided to go back to living on her own in the woods as a hobo, presumably going back home every now and again to visit her parents.
Lumpy Space Princess looks like a purple cloud and speaks in a somewhat deep, nasal voice, like most Lumpy Space People. She has sharp teeth as well as a yellow star on her forehead that glows while she is floating. There appears to be short hair on her body, which she claims to be more of her "lumps." When she punches herself (saying she can be "smooth"), she looks like a ball with arms. She is not seen wearing a crown, like most other princesses; however, the star on her head probably represents royalty, given that the only other Lumpy Space People with that characteristic are her parents. The star on her head is actually a jewel that goes very deep into her, as shown in the episode "The Lich." When using all the jewels collected to open the Enchiridion book, Lumpy Space Princess' star jewel just bounced off and was the only jewel not able to be used in the process.
Costumes and disguises
Although Lumpy Space Princess does not usually wear clothes, like most Lumpy Space People, she will sometimes. Her clothing usually appears to be dresses.
- In "His Hero," when she become "hot", she wears a red leotard and a pair of red high heels. She has grown short purple hair and legs and part of her limbs were thicker than usual. Though later she became a Cyborg.
- In "The Eyes," she wears a yellowish-white Quinceañera dress with blue trimmings, blue ribbons at the sleeves, blue gem in front, and a golden crown.
- In "The Creeps," she wears a sparkling red dress with her left hand sleeveless, and a triangle-shaped mask.
- In "Holly Jolly Secrets Part II," she wears a Christmas sweater with bells and hearts design.
- In "Gotcha!," she wears Squeez-E-Mart plastic bag as a spaghetti-strap dress. She had also put custard on as her lipstick, though later she ate it. At the end of the episode, she wears a brown paper bag as a v-neck dress.
- In "Apple Wedding," she wears a white wedding gown with pink ribbons at the sleeves and in front, a veil, and holds a bouquet of flowers.
Like most Lumpy Space People, she has no legs or feet, but can float. Also, she can infect someone with the lumps if she bites a person with her teeth. As she says, "It's, like, werewolf rules." She can choose not to float if she wishes. This is shown in "Trouble in Lumpy Space," during the Mallow Tea Ceremony. As the yellow star on her head grew dim, she began to be influenced by gravity, fell and accidentally bit Jake. It is shown in "Gotcha!" that even when Lumpy Space Princess is fully capable of floating, she can still fall accidentally.
In the video game, she is shown to be able to increase her size when she consumes a can of beans. She also gains the ability to rip holes in space to travel between Lumpy Space and Ooo, as well as fire dark black plasma-like objects.
In Game Creator, her power attack is "Rainbow Spew," where she gains the ability to spit out rainbows.
Lumpy Space Princess acts like a bratty, apathetic, sassy, attention-seeking and willfully ignorant teenager, often texting on her phone. She is the archetype of the teenage valley-girl "princess" affecting a self-centered, stubborn and rude persona. Her off-putting personality may actually be a way for her to cope with her own insecurities about her appearance. In "The Lich" her star jewel did not fit into the Enchiridion, however this may be because she is not the actual ruler of Lumpy Space; her parents are.
Lumpy Space Princess can be ostensibly unmoved and uncaring about what goes on around her, using such words as "sure," "whatever," and "fine" frequently. She can also be physically apathetic and unwilling to make an effort, as shown in "Gotcha!" when she reluctantly helped Finn and Jake carry rocks, but complained the entire time (even though it was only two small rocks).
She prefers to be the center of attention. When people ignore her, she will yell things out to regain the spotlight, such as in "The Creeps" when she interrupted Finn by talking about her relationship with Brad. She also became upset (and violent) when another group performed the song she chose during the talent show in "Five Short Graybles," and again when Finn and Jake took the win out from under her. This is also shown in "Apple Wedding", where she revealed that she thinks that every party is her party and tries to ruin Tree Trunks' wedding by convincing that it was her party. She did not give up when Finn tries to block her and crawled to the ceremony instead, while yelling for everybody to pay attention to her. She even show-off her bouquet just to let everyone pay attention to her.
She often misinterprets things and jumps to conclusions, as shown in "It Came from the Nightosphere" when she saw Hot Dog Princess's soul being sucked into Marceline's dad's mouth, and became upset for not being invited to the "party." She will also create drama where none exists, such as in "The Monster" and "Gotcha!" where she assigns names and personalities to animals and insects in order to act out romance-driven storylines.
She tends to lose her temper and make fun of people, but she can sometimes attempt to be nice towards others. For example, when Jake contracts the lumps she agrees to help and takes Finn and Jake to Lumpy Space for the cure in "Trouble in Lumpy Space" and was forgiving towards Finn after he yelled at her in the same episode. She was also at the hospital, apparently concerned for Princess Bubblegum, in "Mortal Recoil."
ParentsHer strained relationship with her parents is first shown in "Trouble in Lumpy Space" when she has an argument with her parents and they ban her from using the royal car. After the fight Lumpy Space Princess tells Finn that she "lumping hate[s] them," and that her "parents are horrible idiots." Lumpy Space Princess is shown to have run away from her parents and set up camp outside in the woods as of "To Cut a Woman's Hair." She is also seen in "Heat Signature" cooking a can of beans in a makeshift camp. In "The Monster" she explains that, after an argument with her parents, she ran away to the woods and was found by a pack of wolves. The wolves took her in and raised her as one of their own, but she was banished after causing too much drama. She came upon a village, but the villagers mistook her for a monster and ran away. Lumpy Space Princess began using this to her advantage and took up the guise of a monster to scare away the villagers and raid their crops. After talking with Finn and Jake, she realizes her mistake and reconciles with her parents; however, in "Princess Monster Wife" she is once again living at her hobo camp.
Her only known Lumpy Space Person friend is Melissa. However, their relationship is tenuous because Melissa is currently dating her ex-boyfriend, Brad. This is illustrated in "Trouble in Lumpy Space" when she tells Finn that there's going to be a lot of romantic tension on their ride because she used to eat chili-cheese fries with Brad. Lumpy Space Princess seems to be aware of how shallow her relationships with her Lumpy Space friends are, as seen later where she tells Finn that he is supposed to be her friend, unlike the "fake" ones she has there.
Despite their tenuous relationship, Lumpy Space Princess and Melissa appears to be still good friends with each other as she was seen talking to Melissa on the phone in "Heat Signature" and "The Wand".
She was also seen to be friends with Turtle Princess ("Gotcha!"). She seems to have a good friendship with her, because they speak on the phone to each other multiple times in "Gotcha!" and Turtle Princess brings her food to her hobo camp. She also gave her the idea to write a book, (which Lumpy Space Princess did) and Turtle Princess told her she loved it, and published it.
Lumpy Space Princess and Marceline become good friends in "Princess Day." Marceline is impressed when Lumpy Space Princess rebels against Breakfast Princess' boring Princess Day events, and the two team up to "be bad," vandalizing a good part of the Breakfast Kingdom and driving Breakfast Princess' car off a canyon. When Marceline drank one of the Maple Guards' syrup to knock him out, and explained that she could not digest syrup, Lumpy Space Princess kicked the guard several times for "poisoning my girl". They appear to still be friends at the episode's conclusion.
Lumpy Space Princess had a genuine romantic connection with Johnnie, a former high school classmate she encountered at a tavern in "Bad Timing" who was in the Candy Kingdom on business. The two immediately hit it off, but Lumpy Space Princess, who was already feeling slighted by Princess Bubblegum, became overwhelmingly insecure after Johnnie left her alone for a business dinner with Bubblegum. After seeing the two of them dining together (platonically), Lumpy Space Princess then violently attacked the Candy Castle with a root beer Molotov Cocktail and a fuel truck, then stole Princess Bubblegum's time machine and attempted to send Johnnie back to "when you loved me." This instead sent Johnnie to the alternate dimension seen surrounding the action of the episode, followed by Lumpy Space Princess getting Bubblegum to erase the memory of her time with Johnnie using her time machine.
Brad is Lumpy Space Princess' ex boyfriend who is dating Melissa currently. As stated in "Trouble in Lumpy Space," they used to eat chili fries together, concluding them to have a good relationship. It was also revealed that Lumpy Space Princess feels uncomfortable around him, as when Brad boarded Melissa's car, she stated that it would be hard for her as there will be lots of romantic tension on the ride. The relationship between them was brought up again after three seasons;in "The Creeps", where it was revealed that they broke up because he kissed her on the mouth, which upsets her and made Brad realized that she's "obviously not ready for me". Near the end of the episode, LSP concluded that she is ready for him now. In "Bad Timing," when she heard about Princess Bubblegum's time machine, she was determined to travel back in time to where he still loves her, showing that she wants to rekindle their relationship.
Lumpy Space Princess refers to Finn as a real friend, unlike other Lumpy Space People. She is willing to help Finn, as seen in "Trouble in Lumpy Space" where she helps him get an antidote for Jake. She also shows her friendship in "Gotcha!" by reluctantly helping him carry rocks, and complimenting him on being "hot." In "To Cut a Woman's Hair," she reveals that she thinks that Finn likes her by saying, "I knew you liked me." In "Breezy," she reveals that she has been waiting "infinity" for Finn to kiss and/or make an advance towards her. However, she is unsatisfied with Finn simply pecking her on the lips (which she refers to as "a dip in the kiddie pool"), and she suggests that they "go to the deep end" instead.
Princess BubblegumLumpy Space Princess seems to have a weird type of relationship with Princess Bubblegum. At first, she seems to be on good terms with her and was often invited to the parties that she threw ("Trouble in Lumpy Space," "Ricardio the Heart Guy," "Princess Potluck"). Lumpy Space Princess was also the first person to call Bubblegum "PB." She was also at the hospital for her in "Mortal Recoil," seeming to be concerned.
However, an opposite version of their relationship was shown in "Bad Timing," where Lumpy Space Princess attacked her for refusing to give her the gloves that will activate the Time Travel Machine. She forced her to the ground and pulls out her hair while calling her a witch and skunk who does not "know heartache with the whole Candy Kingdom in love with [her] pretty bubblegum buns." When Princess Bubblegum announced that she will declare war on the entire Lumpy Space if she did not apologize to her immediately, Lumpy Space Princess gave her a long, resentful "I'm sorry" but then reveals that she only apologized because she thinks that Bubblegum is so stupid. Later in the episode, Lumpy Space Princess furiously concludes that Bubblegum has a plan to steal Johnnie from her when he tells her that the dinner will only include Bubblegum and him. As she spies on them during the royal dinner, Lumpy Space Princess comes to believe that Johnnie has become attracted to Bubblegum and does not love her anymore. Enraged, she violently attacks the Candy Kingdom using a Molotov cocktail and a truck of gasoline, causing a huge explosion through the kingdom. In the end, when Lumpy Space Princess can't find Johnnie in the tavern, Princess Bubblegum comes in and explains how the time travel machine would have had to log Johnnie's molecules before it would work and tells her she does not know when Lumpy Space Princess questions where he is. Wanting to forget this heartache, Lumpy Space Princess requests the princess to send her back in time, which Bubblegum does. She is sent back to where she attacks Princess Bubblegum and continues to insult her with the same words before. Lumpy Space Princess was also annoyed with Bubblegum being in her seat in "Video Makers".
Lumpy Space Princess and Breakfast Princesses do not get along at all. In "Princess Day," Lumpy Space Princesses denounces the Breakfast Princesses-hosted event as boring, which leads Breakfast Princess to mock Lumpy Space Princess' homeless lifestyle and say she is not a real princess, along with being a "pamplenoose." Lumpy Space Princess, who had just called Breakfast Princess "Eggbreath," then teams up with Marceline to take revenge on Breakfast Princess through acts of theft and vandalism. In the end, they leave Breakfast Princess in the desert to force her to build a sandcastle (she leaves shortly after they do) and drive her car off a canyon. Breakfast Princess was previously shown to not like Lumpy Space Princess in a story in issue #3 of the Adventure Time comic by Adventure Time artist Michael DeForge, though this was not in the cartoon's continuity.
- "Trouble in Lumpy Space"
- "Prisoners of Love"
- "Loyalty to the King"
- "The Monster"
- "The Creeps"
- "From Bad to Worse"
- "Candy Streets"
- "Apple Wedding"
- "Bad Timing"
- "The Prince Who Wanted Everything"
- "Princess Day"
- "Ricardio the Heart Guy"
- "Business Time"
- "What is Life?" (in Ice King's Imagination zone)
- "His Hero"
- "It Came from the Nightosphere"
- "The Eyes" (cameo)
- "Power Animal"
- "The Other Tarts" (non-speaking cameo)
- "To Cut a Woman's Hair"
- "Video Makers"
- "Heat Signature"
- "The Wand" (cameo)
- "Conquest of Cuteness"
- "Wizard Battle" (cameo)
- "Holly Jolly Secrets Part II" (non-speaking cameo)
- "Five Short Graybles"
- "Princess Monster Wife"
- "King Worm" (cameo, in a dream)
- "The Lich"
- "All the Little People" (as a toy)
- "Princess Potluck"
Mentioned or pictured
- "The Duke" (pictured)
- "Susan Strong" (pictured)
- "Hitman" (mentioned and shown in a picture)
- "Time Sandwich" (PB's holo-phone contact)
- "Play Date" (mentioned)
- She is voiced by Pendleton Ward, the creator of Adventure Time.
- Lumpy Space Princess may be able to vomit rainbows, as seen in "The Monster," but it may have been what she ate, possibly the tree bark or something before that. As shown in Game Creator, she was able to vomit rainbows once she gains the power attack potion.
- She was the first person on the series to call Princess Bubblegum by her initials, "PB" as heard in "Ricardio the Heart Guy."
- Lumpy Space Princess is made out of irradiated stardust, according to Pendleton Ward.
- She starred in an exclusive video on the Adventure Time Facebook page: "Adventure Time - ONE MILLION FANS!"
- She has a gender-swapped version of herself: Lumpy Space Prince, who was also voiced by Pendleton Ward until Peter Serafinowicz voiced him in "The Prince Who Wanted Everything."
- Pendleton Ward stated that if he had to date any female Adventure Time character, he would date Lumpy Space Princess because she has his voice.
- She tends to use the word "lump" or "stuff" in the place where swear words could be used, and says "Oh my Glob" frequently.
- Lumpy Space Princess has a ringtone that is simply Turtle Princess saying, "Hey, gurl," repeatedly as seen in the episode "Gotcha!"
- There are a couple of indications that Lumpy Space Princess is a teenager. In "Trouble in Lumpy Space" she goes to the Weekly Promcoming Dance, suggesting that she attends an equivalent to high school. Further proof of this is given in "The Eyes" where Finn and Jake are seen dancing at her Quinceañera, though it is unclear if "Quinceañera" has the same meaning in Lumpy Space.
- She is one of the two princesses to have another emblem aside from a crown to represent her royalty as a princess. The other one is Flame Princess.
- According to CN Latin America, her hobby is hot boys (seriously) and she has a talent for singing.
- In "The Eyes," Lumpy Space Princess invites Finn and Jake to celebrate her Quinceañera, an event held on a woman's fifteenth birthday held in some parts of Latin America to commemorate her transition from childhood to womanhood.
- In the episode, "Hitman," Ice King states that she is among his least favorite princesses. Though in "Princess Monster Wife" he stated that he used only the body parts of his favorite princesses; Lumpy Space Princess turned out to be one of the princesses that had a body part removed to make Princess Monster Wife.
- When Lumpy Space Princess bit Jake in "Trouble in Lumpy Space," her star changed colors, however the color change may have been because of her fall.
Appearances in other media
- Lumpy Space Princess is an exosuit in Project Exonaut
- Lumpy Space Princess is a playable character in Adventure Time Battle Party.
- Lumpy Space Princess is the final boss of Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!!
- You can play as Lumpy Space Princess after defeating the demon cat in Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!
|The full image gallery for Lumpy Space Princess may be viewed at Lumpy Space Princess/Gallery.|