Mannish Man (or simply Mannish) is the manly and muscular minotaur appearing in Adventure Time, hence where he got his nickname "Manly Minotaur" from. He makes his first appearance in the episode "The Enchiridion!"
Mannish Man is a minotaur (a half-man, half-bull beast of Greek origin) and has dark orange skin that closely resembles that of a bull or an ox. He has large muscles that he can be seen constantly flexing, and two, sharp, white horns that curve inward on his head. He also has a traditional large-gauge septal piercing, something usually associated with bulls. He also carries a sword that hangs from his large belt. Mannish Man is so strong that when he flexes his arms, they flex too, forming tiny arms. (Pictured)
Mannish Man is not evil as one would expect. He is the guardian of the Enchiridion, but he is actually very friendly, joyful, and energetic. When Finn and Jake ask for the book, he simply leads them to it. He is last seen with the Key-per and two Old Ladies who disappear at the end of the episode. Princess Bubblegum gets mad at him because he told Finn not to tell her about a page in the Enchiridion. He also seems to be good friends with the Key-per.
We've been watching you guys from our magical viewing globe.
Take a seat, guys. Have some juice. There's grape and apple, and the gate key-per made spaghetti!
You're the goodest of heart and most righteous hero I've seen here! Tenderness, ingenuity, bravery, nard-kicking ability, and when you took that giant Ogre's dollar, (laughs) oh, man! The Key-per nearly fainted!
- Mannish Man originally appeared in a short Pendleton Ward and Patrick McHale made in college.
- He is one of the people who need to be rescued in the Adventure Time iPhone app game "Rock Bandits."
- The name "Mannish" appears on Princess Bubblegum's holo-phone in the episode "Time Sandwich."
- He was originally a M.O.D. character created by one of Pendleton's close friends back in college. On the first season DVD commentary, their is a short animated clip of Mannish Man's original appearance to the world; where he defeats multiple enemies in order to obtain the Enchiridion.
- ↑ The Enchiridion! (DVD Storyboard Commentary)