|"No One Can Hear You"|
| Season 3, episode 15|
|Airdate:||November 14, 2011|
|Story:|| Mark Banker|
| Written &|
| Ako Castuera|
"Jake vs. Me-Mow"
A deer is wreaking havoc in Candy Kingdom. It breaks Finns legs, knocks him out, and when he awakes he finds Jake crazy and the candy people gone.
A deer is causing trouble in the Candy Kingdom by licking the Candy Peoples faces. Finn and Jake try to get rid of it, but it throws Jake off, kicks him in the head, and breaks Finn's legs, then knocks him out.
Finn wakes up in a hospital room, and tries to get Dr. Ice Cream's attention. Not getting even a reply by anyone, he gets up and into a wheelchair next to his bed.
He goes out for a stroll in the kingdom but can't find anyone. He then finds Jake digging for food in a dumpster, occasionally reaching for a bandage on his head and saying "Ouchies," suggesting that he had a head injury. Jake explains that there is no one in the kingdom because he's waiting for Lady Rainicorn and the candy people to throw him a surprise party, saying that it's his birthday. At first, Finn believes this, shouting to the town, "I sure don't expect anyone to jump out at me!"
Jake takes Finn back to his makeshift house, telling him to collect wood for a hobo fire. He agrees and starts to wander around. Raising his arms, he realizes that he has bad body odor. Wheeling over to a fountain, he removes his hat and shirt and bathes in the fountain.
Finn wonders where everyone is, but Jake gets worried because he didn't want Finn to look for everyone and "ruin the surprise." After that, the deer comes along and Finn yells at it. The deer simply ignores this and gallops away. Finn hears noises coming from a nearby Sewer, thinking that they sound like candy people. Finn tells Jake about this. He says to give them more time for the surprise. Finn gets a little frustrated by how he's been waiting all day for the alleged surprise party. Jake claims he's been waiting six months for people to come out, and bugs crawl out of his ears while he says this. Finn realizes that Jake has lost it, and they weren't friends anymore. Finn then attempts to make a daring escape for the sewer, but the vicious Jake stops him and destroys his wheelchair.
Finn wakes up again, tied up to a light post. Jake has several puppets out. He plays with them saying, "Happy Birthday Jake!." Finn tricks Jake into letting him free, claiming that he won't run away. But of course, as soon as he is free, he makes a run for the sewer. Finn runs, with Jake right on his tail after realizing that Finn was lying to him.
Finn goes down into the sewer and falls into the water in it. He swims out and runs through a passage until he finds a strange looking door. He goes in the door and finds the candy people there stuck to the walls in an orange substance. Jake soon finds him down there and is excited to see everyone saying that it is his party. Finn tells him to stop acting crazy and punches him until his mind is the same again.
Jake is then back to normal, and Finn explains that Jake trapped the candy people down there for his own "birthday fantasy." Jake takes Peppermint Butler off the wall and apologizes to him. Peppermint Butler tells Jake that it wasn't him that did it, and points to the deer standing behind them saying "it was him."
The deer walks up to them, stands in a bipedal position and removes its front hooves, revealing hands. Finn tries to attack it while Jake frees the candy people. Jake needs to climb up to get more candy people free and he is right above Finn and the deer. He unties the strings tied to the bricks on his feet, which fall on and possibly kill the deer. Finn and Bubblegum push the deer into the sewer pipe, where it is washed away by the current.
Princess Bubblegum explains that the deer wanted their sugar and says she didn't give it to him, if he knows what she means, and winks at Finn. Finn frowns and says "boy, it stinks down here," and they all go to take a bath. Jake carries everyone and they float away on the balloons tied around Jake, holding on to each other by the feet. The episode ends with a candy person saying " I wanna get clean! ."
- Princess Bubblegum
- Lady Rainicorn (in a picture)
- Candy People
- Finn is seen bathing for the first time, contradicting his statement about not bathing in "Too Young."
- Gingerbread Muto appears at the beginning near one of the houses at the right side when Finn and Jake are chasing the Stag.
- When Finn looks into the sewer the first time, the manhole reads CKPW and has a picture of a cupcake.
- The title card music for "Five Short Graybles" plays toward the end of the episode, after the Stag washes down into the sewers.
- When the comic Jake kept in the box was first seen, it said "Manly Man", the second time it said "Man Man".
- All beds in the hospital had a sign to write names in, the one with Finn's name and others disappear during the time Finn stays there.
- Finn punched Jake and he landed next to a wrench and a toolbox with a hammer inside it that was never seen again.
- When Jakes recovers consciousness he is not behind a door, in the next frame he is.
- During the zoom out when Finn tells Jake he imprisoned the candy people, Peppermint Butler is not covered in saliva and Princess Bubblegum disappears from where she was first seen. Then Jake reaches out to free Peppermint and he is covered in saliva again.
- In the final scene Peppermint Butler and other candy people are not seen flying while hanging from each other's legs.
- It appears the number of candy people Finn first saw doesn't match the rescued ones.
- When Finn goes back to the tent to tell Jake he heard candy people in the sewers, the knife Jake kept in the box next to the mattress is no longer there.
- The episode's title may be a reference to the tagline for the 1979 movie Alien, which was "In space, no one can hear you scream."
- Another reference to Alien is when Finn goes to the sewer and discovers that the Candy People are stuck on the walls by a kind of goo, much like what the Xenomorph do to their victims.
- The title card resembles the famous painting The Scream by Edvard Munch.
- When Finn runs away from Jake and his leg casts break is very similar to a scene from Forrest Gump where Forrest loses the braces on his legs as a kid.
- In Jake's tent is a picture of him and Finn that somewhat resembles characters drawn by artist Keith Haring.
- Finn waking up after a medical procedure only to find the Candy Kingdom empty and abandoned is similar to what happens to Cillian Murphy's character at the beginning of the movie 28 Days Later.
- The lettering on the title cards is similar to that of Saul Bass's work, better-known for making the title sequences and poster for many Alfred Hitchcock films.
- In Jake's tent there is a comic book called, "Man Man," which closely resembles the Batman comics.
- Finn would have died if left in a coma unattended for more than a few days.
- Jake says that Finn had been in a coma for six months. However, Jake's head injury may have made him say a falsehood.
This episode was censored on Cartoon Network Australia. See Censorship of Adventure Time in Australia for more information.