"On the Lam" is the forty-first episode in the sixth season of Adventure Time. It is the one hundred ninety-seventh episode overall.
Finn's father, Martin the Human, fights for freedom on a new planet. 
After escaping from a chain gang of captured rebels with a koala rebel in tow, Martin is brought into the koala camp and treated with kindness and generosity by the fuzzy animals that are happy to have their ally back.
They offer the hungry Martin a bowl of milk from their giant moth, but Martin turns down the meal, instead hatching a plan that takes advantage of the koala’s overwhelming hunger and need for medical assistance. He names himself the new rebel leader and proclaims that he will ride the Space Moth into the city with the koala hanging on his neck and raid it for food and supplies.
When he arrives in town, the first thing he does is sell the moth for a bag of gold. He then goes to a local pub to get a drink but a couple of alien guards come in and sticks a 'Wanted' sign with his face and the koala on it. The bartender notices this and reports it to the guards in the bar. Martin makes a run for it.
Martin makes a run for it and hides in a barrel, where he tells Martin 2 that he’s running out of options and will need to abandon him. He throws Martin 2 out of the barrel to distract the surrounding officers, and when Martin learns that the koala is the officers’ primary target, he’s totally relieved.
It turns out is really old and the leader of the rebels. Instead, Martin uses this opening to make his way to the king’s treasure room, which is full of gold and jewels. He’s overcome with pure glee when he sees the room in all its glory, and immediately starts hoarding as much as possible, telling himself that it’s what Martin 2 would want him to do. And when he finds the moth in the treasure room, he believes that it’s a gift from the Globs for his great acts of valor.
He breaks out of the King's treasure room and flies the moth to space with several pieces of gold in it's mouth.
Mentioned and picturedEdit
- Jake has neither appeared nor been mentioned since "You Forgot Your Floaties." While Finn doesn't appear, Martin notes how Martin 2's head resembled Finn's hat.
- When Martin is escaping on top of the heads of the prisoners, one of them resembles Lumpy Space Princess, although with slightly different lumps and a triangular gem of power.
- Many of the Koala Bear People in this episode look similar to the character, Impossibear, from Ward's web series, Bravest Warriors, without the mustache, the rainbow color, and a different face more, specifically the eyes.
- The currency that Martin mentions first on the alien planet is "rupees". This is the same currency used in India, and in the game "Legend of Zelda".
- Some features of city look similar to Mos Eisley of Star Wars.
- Martin seems to have made his way to a new planet after being shot up into space by Finn in "The Visitor." At the end of this episode he returns to space once again, leading up to the events of "The Comet."
- It is proven that there are many other life forms in the universe after the post-apocalyptic incident.
- Martin says "I know you don't want to give me up son, but if I stay with you, we both die. I'm not trying to abandon you, but we're running out of options here. If I'm going to heroically save your life then I'm gonna have to take a drastic action". This parallels Martin's abandonment of Finn when he was a baby. This is reinforced by how Martin 2 called him "papa", and how his ears resembled his son's "stupid hat".
|See Full Storyboard|