|This article is about PHIL FACE. You may be looking for Phil.|
The expression is composed of an open mouth curled up at the corners, wide eyes, and highly arched eyebrows. Stubble and blue, round glasses, though not mandatory, enhance the overall PHIL FACE experience.
- "Storytelling," on Mrs. Cow's udder.
- "Wizard," on a Wizard student.
- "The Silent King," on a goblin.
- "My Two Favorite People," on a bear.
- "Donny," on Donny when he claims he'll never be jerky again.
- "Slow Love," on Finn's newspaper.
- "It Came from the Nightosphere," Finn draws one both times he opens the Nightosphere.
- "The Other Tarts," on one of the dark biscuits flying through space at the very beginning, as Princess Bubblegum narrates.
- "Belly of the Beast," on Monster, and when Finn whispers to Party Pat.
- "Her Parents," right before Finn whispers his plan to Jake.
- "When Wedding Bells Thaw," on a Tree person.
- "Video Makers," as a hologram.
- "The Real You," on Princess Bubblegum just before she kisses Finn.
- "Memory of a Memory," on Mrs. Cow's udder on the title card.
- "Too Young," on a ball used to light a match in the prank machine created by young Princess Bubblegum and Finn.
- "Mystery Train," on Finn after he says "weird and creepy."
- "No One Can Hear You," on the milk carton that Jake throws.
- "Daddy's Little Monster," Finn draws one to enter the Nightosphere.
- "What Have You Done?," on a strange plant pot that Finn turns around.
- "King Worm," on the title card in the background.
- "The Lich," when the Lich (disguised as Billy) uses the blue crystal on his face to activate another hologram.
- "Little Dude," above the word "MISSING" on the milk carton which Jake pours into the bowl.
- Adventure Time: Marceline and the Scream Queens Issue 5, on the Memorandum page.
- In Issue 13, the character Randall N. Byron has a PHIL FACE, and when he designed his computer program to help him win video games, it sometimes gave his characters his face. When the program became the virus Ewlbo it retain Randall's face.
- "Ocean of Fear" on Finn while he is freaking out.
- In "Card Wars," when Finn says "Face it man, I'm the cool guy."
- "Candy Streets," in the newspaper that Pete Sassafras is holding in the train.
Appearances as a character
- Main article: Phil
Phil is a recurring character based on Phil Rynda who originally appeared as a "Pajama Ninja" in "City of Thieves." He is a humanoid with a Phil-like face, although he usually doesn't make the actual PHIL FACE expression. He is seen in the following episodes:
- "City of Thieves."
- "Blood Under the Skin," on a Naked Old Person.
- "Wizard Battle," as a man crying and sitting next to Lumpy Space Princess, who is texting, as Abracadaniel made his speech. He is also seen in some other shots, as well as cheering "Wiz biz!" with Lumpy Space Princess.
- "Holly Jolly Secrets Part II," when Shelby was naming characters.
- "King Worm," seen behind Peppermint Butler.
- "All the Little People," as one of the Little People.
- "The Suitor," in a cage behind Princess Bubblegum in her lab.