Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Power Animal" is the seventh episode in the second season of Adventure Time. It is the thirty-third episode overall.
The episode begins with Finn and Jake climbing a ladder to the top of the Tree Fort for a roof party. When Finn arrives, he does a flip and slams the chips onto the table, to everyone's delight. Cinnamon Bun compliments Finn on his energy and focus. When Finn claims that he never slows down, a hefty gnome gets interested, asking Finn if his energy might be able to power a huge machine. Finn says it probably could, to which the gnome just laughs and backs away.
Later that night, the gnome kidnaps Finn in his sleep. The next morning when Jake starts wondering where Finn is, he and BMO start singing "Where Is Finn?." The scene then cuts to Finn in a dark room. The Gnome Spy enters and reveals himself to be the Grandmaster of the Gnomes and ruler of the Beneathaverse. He says he has been looking for the ultimate power source and believes Finn's immense energy is perfect for powering the Upturnoverdrive, a machine that will flip over the entire world so that the gnomes will be on top. The gnomes then throw Finn onto a giant hamster wheel. Finn initially refuses to run, but is compelled to by prods from a giant taser.
Jake is shown eating a sandwich outside the Tree Fort, calling for Finn. He gets up to go find him when he is distracted by a dancing bug, with whom Jake starts dancing. When Finn fully powers up part of the machine, he is thrown into a glass containment unit. Electrical shocks force him to dance and power up the machine further. Again, the scene cuts back to Jake, who is chugging a "grass shake" with a group of ladybugs. When Jake asks Simon whether there are any left, he says they're "all finished," which reminds Jake that Finn has gone missing.
Jake is determined to find Finn. When he sees a trail of footprints too small to be Finn's, he deduces they must be gnome prints carrying something like Finn. He continues to follow the prints until he is distracted by two Nymphs who are telling jokes badly. Jake commences to teach them how to do it right, telling a different joke. Finn wakes up to find himself strapped into the brain machine, a machine that will suck the energy from Finn's thoughts. Finn imagines breaking out of the chair and Jake bursting through the wall to save him, powering the machine further.
The scene again cuts back to Jake, who is partying in the Cloud Kingdom. Jake realizes that he does not even remember how he got there. The Nymphs inform him that he blacked out from laughing so hard at his own joke and that they brought him to the Cloud Kingdom to party with Party God. Because Jake pleases him so much, Party God decides to grant Jake one wish. Jake remembers he still hasn't found Finn and wishes that he could focus on finding him. In order to grant Jake's wish, however, Party God informs Jake that he will have to fill Jake's body with the energy of "a thousand partying demons." Party God then grants his wish, after which Jake flies off the clouds screaming that he must party forever.
Back in the Beneathaverse, the machine is finally starting to work when Jake flies down a well and body slams all of the gnomes. He starts to dance and inadvertently destroys the gnome's lair, defeats the Grandmaster, and sets Finn free. Jake asks Finn if he is okay, and Finn replies "Yeah, man, I'm fine." He hops on Jake's back, and Jake suggests they go eat Cinnamon Bun.
- "Where Is Finn?"
- "Chip Dip Triple Flips Are Hip" (instrumental track)
- Lady Rainicorn
- Cloud People
- Hot Dog Princess
- Lumpy Space Princess
- Candy People
- Dancing Beetle
- There appears to be a little red animal inside the cooler that Jake spills. Additionally, Hot Dog Princess is present, thus making it likely one of her pups.
- This is the first episode that has Princess Bubblegum and Marceline together, although they never actually interacted with each other.
- Finn's dancing in the plasma ball resembles pole dancing.
- When Jake crashes into the Beneathaverse, it is shown that Beneathaverse is under a well that is next to the Tree Fort.
- The idea of an underground society beneath Finn and Jake's tree fort was adopted from an unproduced episode "Brothers in Insomnia."
- The potato on the sack used to cover Finn's head has five mouths.
- Finn's imagination is powerful enough to power the Upturnoverdrive.
- The potato sack over Finn's head says "U-say Potatoes"; this is a reference to the song Let's Call the Whole Thing Off by George Gershwin.
- The Brain Machine sequence is an homage to the climax of the 1985 Terry Gilliam film Brazil.
- The title of this episode is a play on the term "Party Animal." A power animal is also a shamanic term for a spirit guide which takes the form of an animal.
- The celestial alignment is visually similar to an aurora.
- When Jake is chugging a grass shake, his cup has a pi symbol.
- Jake putting ice cream in his toaster is very similar to a scene in the movie Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy where Brick Tamland is introducing himself and puts ice cream in a toaster.
In other media
- The music when Jake is teaching the bug "how it's done" was used in Renard's "YOU GOT CURVES, SHE GOT CURVES".
- In the scene where Jake is dancing, his hands momentarily split.
- There is light coming from the windows in Beneathaverse and the Gnomes live underground.
This episode was censored in some countries. See Censorship of Adventure Time for more information.
|See Full Storyboard|