Science is a candy corn lab rat that appeared in "From Bad to Worse." It lives in a cage on Princess Bubblegum's table. It was trained to perform complex scientific related tasks. Princess Bubblegum tries to tell Finn that "Science is my rat!" but turns into a candy zombie in mid-sentence. Once he finally figures this out, Finn releases it out of the cage for it to make the zombie formula that cures all the zombies. At the end of the episode, it is awarded a medal from Princess Bubblegum for saving the Candy Kingdom.
In "Too Young," when Princess Bubblegum and Finn attempt to spice the Earl of Lemongrab's food, two candy corn rats are seen sitting next to them, but neither of them was Science. In "Sky Witch" it is seen in Bubblegum's closet.
Science looks like a piece of candy corn with ears, a small orange nose, feet, and a long yellow tail. In "Sky Witch" Science is seen wearing a beige sweater.
- Science's key role in "From Bad to Worse" is appropriate because it looks like candy corn and the episode was the Halloween special.
- Although Finn nearly died by covering himself in the antidote in "From Bad to Worse," Science received the medal. This was because Science made the antidote.
- It is implied that Science is a female when Finn asks Science, "What is it, girl?"
- Science's tank has a label on the bottom left corner that reads "SCIENCE" and "TS-19 04." TS-19 or Test Subject 19, may be a reference to the Walking Dead television show, in which Edwin Jenner, a scientist at the Center for Disease Control, labels his wife TS-19 after she is infected with the zombie virus.
- Science appears briefly in "Nemesis".