Jake formally meets him at the end of "The First Investigation." This continued into "Jake the Starchild", in which Warren introduced himself, and transported his son to his home world. Upon arriving there, Warren revealed to Jake that he was dying. Warren showed Jake a museum he made in his honor and revealed he had been watching over him for years. Jake later found out, that Warren had only brought him to his world to absorb Jake's powers, eventually killing Jake, as he had done so with his many other offspring. By the end of the episode, Warren decided to do the same to Jake's children, but was thwarted by Jake and thrown into a black hole.
Warren Ampersand is midnight blue in color when young and a greyish blue when old. He has five separate yellow eyes with red pupils in the order of a star. The eyes change in number with each transformation as well as the shape of its body and legs. He possesses a circular mouth split in a varying amount of directions and many sharp teeth. He has the ability to change into what appears to be an owl, a cat, a baby and many other unknown forms.
He can manipulate its body into any shape or size and has stretchy powers like Jake but uses them in a much more fluid fashion. He can shapeshift into multiple creatures like a baby, humanoids, a cat, owl, and even a planet among other unknown forms. Warren Ampersand can also change into a glyph-like shape and shoot beams of energy from his many eye stalks to open a portal to another dimension which resembles a dark blue lava lamp. He can also reproduce by impregnating other organisms by biting them if Warren deems them compatible (in Joshua's case, he was bitten on the head). Warren is shown to have much more advanced stretching abilities compared to Jake, being able to construct entire planets and beings without being physically connected to them.
- Jake Jr.'s mouth is similar to Warren Ampersand's mouth, meaning that it is possibly a gene passed down from Warren, to Jake, then to Jake Jr.
- Andy Ristaino responded to a fan on Tumblr claiming that they were jokingly calling it "The Peeper."
- Warren appears to have died by being absorbed by a black hole, although his final words, "I'm going 4D, baby" may indicate that he has ascended into a new reality.
- Warren Ampersand is named after writer Julia Pott's fictional high school boyfriend.
- Warren is similar to Martin Mertens, as both only sought to use their children for their own gain.
- Unlike Martin who actually helped his son, Warren did not redeem himself in his son's eyes.
- Warren mentions he had other unknown children, this would mean Jake had half-siblings.
- He also stated that Jake was the only one he felt guilty about draining.
- Until Jake showed him, Warren had no idea that he had grandchildren.
- He is also unaware of his great-grandchildren.