| Content posted on this page should only pertain to improving the article itself.|
For all other types of discussion, please post them in the forums.
This includes (but is not limited to) theories, fanon images, discussion about how great someone is, fanon stories, etc. You have been warned.
Remember to sign your post by typing four tildes: (~~~~) Click here to start a new topic.
|This is a talk page archive.|
This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page.
This archive currently contains 21,771 bytes.
Anybody else find it sad that the Ice King has no friends whatsoever? I mean, he took princesses prisoner so he could have something in his life... I find that saddening :( SilverCrono (Talk) 19:11, April 14, 2010 (UTC)
I doFluxCapictator 16:55, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
Ice King Skinny underneath his robes?
Ice King probably is ordinarily chubby. In the Nice King episode, he goes out on a workout routine and gets skinny. That makes more sense than what is currently posted, which says that he is still skinny underneath his large blue robe.
- Yea they specifically said he was skinny from working out felinoel ~ (Talk) 00:36, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
- There are other times that the ice king shows off his legs and body, if i remember correcty he hasnt been fat in any of them, and only looks fat when he is covered 126.96.36.199 18:09, October 17, 2012 (UTC)
- If you laze about you will gain weight, this is normal. 17:09, October 19, 2012 (UTC)
- I have no idea. I've removed it. If anybody else has a reliable source, then s/he can add it.
- 01:03, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
- The Adventure Time series presentation says that the Ice King is 1000. http://www.scribd.com/doc/3122798/Adventure-Time-series-presentation 188.8.131.52 21:25, December 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Okay, if I may add my two cents.... Seriously, this is ridiculous. Why do we need two ages? Pen once said he was six hundred, but now he's saying he's one thousand, and yes, he can do that. Evidence in the show shows that he lived before the War, which makes him older than Marceline (which is, by the way, also what Pen says now). The presentation says he's one thousand. More sources say he's one thousand! Please respond. 184.108.40.206 09:37, February 20, 2012 (UTC)
- So simply delete the 600+ one. Kasumisty 10:55, February 20, 2012 (UTC)Kasumisty
- How does living before The Great Mushroom War make him older than Marceline? I am pretty sure Marceline also lived before The Great Mushroom War, or at least during it. 16:22, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
Whoa, whoa, what? Who wrote this mess?
"Ice King also possesses a power known as "Wizard Vision", where he can see strange phenomenon if and when it occurs. When in this mode, his eyes turn completely red, giving him something akin to infared vision. However, he really doesn't mention having this power because usually whenever he uses it, all he sees are a bunch of strange, freaky images that really make no sense. He notably used this power in "Mortal Recoil" when he witnessed The Lich take over the melted body of Princess Bubblegum."
Now it's probably been a few days since I've seen this episode and everything, but this is in no way what happened. Is there some sort of source that cited it as a power or an ability that he can turn on off? because it absolutely seemed like the Ice King was saying that he always sees crazy stuff and that's why he didn't mention it. It's definitely not an on/off thing or a power; his eyes are just old. Should I change this section? This seems wrong, or someone cite a source where someone confirms what's written here. Party Pat 00:00, May 14, 2011 (UTC)
- I wrote that so called "mess" but for the most part I tried to interpret it as it appeared in the episode. Then again, I don't get why what anything I do is called a mess and everyone else does perfect entries but...I'm tended to be a scapegoat on nearly every Wiki I touch. -StrangerAtaru 02:09, May 14, 2011 (UTC)
Properly referencing Ice King
Can we agree here and now that it should always be "Ice King" and not "The Ice King"? He is always referred to as "Ice King," so let's not let inconsistencies slip into our articles, shall we?
Lithoxene 14:26, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
- I could have sworn I have heard the Ice King being called with the the in front, are you talking about the capitalization or the the entirely? felinoel ~ (Talk) 02:31, September 2, 2011 (UTC)
So now Ice King has a man-crush on Finn??? First of all, I think this is bullshit and wrong on so many levels, since Finn is like 13... I mean, Bubbline I can live with but this is pretty disturbing. Should someone not revert this edit? Think this is going a bit too far. The Master's Voice 20:25, October 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Just because someone wants to be friends with someone doesn't mean they have a crush on them.. Let's not make this into another Bubblegum-Marceline fiasco.. Eye of Sol 20:36, October 11, 2011 (UTC) Memoria est Infinitas
- Let's not. In Still, it was made very clear that Ice King, a rather lonely guy, was only looking to befriend Jake and Finn. There is some rivalry because they are always "princess-blocking" him, but it to imply romantic stuff is just... completely ridiculous in this case. Next thing you know Beemo is in love with Shelby and Jake runs off with the Duchess of Nuts. Damn this silly shipping! :P The Master's Voice 20:41, October 11, 2011 (UTC)
- I agree completely. People are just reading way too deeply into the supposed relationships of the characters. They forget that this is a cartoon, and not everything means what it looks like, also that one instance of a supposed "homosexual" relationship is most likely just stated in jest, and means nothing more than a device to make you laugh or to further the plot. Nothing more, nothing less. Memoria est Infinitas Eye of Sol 20:56, October 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Please remember to sign your posts with four tildes (~~~~). 16:39, September 11, 2012 (UTC)
A point of view
I feel so sorry for Ice King.A broken soul in a broken land,all he desires is attention and friendship,yet Finn and Jake foil him.They are the villains,not him!!
it's not their fault....F&J didn't kno tht the Ice King had a bad past...:PWendy the ghost 02:21, January 13, 2012(UTC)
Well,I hope that F&J stop attacking him.He lost almost everything:fiancee,humanity,sanity,social skills,youth,initial home,friends....Now that Finn and Jake know it,they should stop and help him regain his social skills...His only true friends are some PENGUINS!I would go mad if this happened to me.
The Ice King is now officially the deepest character on the show. That was a pretty cool back story. http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5026/9511327106020temp.gif 23:19, February 15, 2012 (UTC)
- This type of discussion belongs in the forums. Please keep talk page posts to about only improving the article itself. Also, these are mutated penguins so they are probably of similar intelligence as dolphins today, which have been proven to have their own understandable language even. 16:23, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
Ice King is like that one awkward little kid.
Ice King is like that awkward little kid who follows you around and always wants to get your attention. He really needs to go to counceling or therapy or something. And he needs more friends. All he has is Gunter . . . Poor Ice King.
220.127.116.11 03:37, February 21, 2012 (UTC)Alex The Awesome
- This type of discussion belongs in the forums. Please keep talk page posts to about only improving the article itself. 16:24, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
Ice King, Good, Bad or Neutral
Is the Ice King a bad guy (as his heart), a good guy with a desire to be happy without knowing the right ways to do it (as Jake [formerly]), or neutral (as Marceline)?Afliador8 02:43, April 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Alignment is not something we care to discuss here anymore, also you can't just label the mentally handicapped that way, or... is lack of sanity a mental handicap? . 04:06, April 22, 2012 (UTC)
The Ice King's Relationship?
I know this is weird... But I have a theory. What if the Ice King likes Bubblegum b/c of her similar appearance to Betty? How bout it? Magedude299 03:43, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Impossible, mostly because they don't really look alike..? 12:55, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
BECOMING A MINOR CHARACTER!
Ice king is becoming a minor character. he only appear in one season 4 episode.08:51, June 29, 2012 (UTC)
Ice King appeared in three s4 episodes...So far. Kasumisty 08:53, June 29, 2012 (UTC)KasumistyIt is very unlikely anyone will ever change in the Major Characters category. 13:08, June 29, 2012 (UTC)
- He's appeared in more episodes than Marceline has in Season 4. Marceline was only on-screen for about three minutes unpossessed altogether in her episodes. We'll be seeing more of Marceline and Ice King AT THE SAME TIME actually, I hear that they are going to sing a song together or something, which sounds epic.Icanhascheezeburger 14:08, June 29, 2012 (UTC)
- This type of discussion belongs in the forums. Please keep talk page posts to about only improving the article itself. 12:42, July 27, 2012 (UTC)
Hello, I'm always reading that the Ice King is insane. Well, that's true, and if you look the main symptoms of dementia you will discover that they fit him perfectly. He is an old man, with memory loss (as we see in I remember you), hallucinations (the wizard eyes), eccentric behaviour, delusions (erotomania, he thinks the princesses love him), without insight of his own disease...
That's a great show trying to teach children about the difficulties of living with somebody with Alzheimer's disease, Huntington, Senile Dementia or any other Dementia. I praise the creators for the accurate portrayal.18.104.22.168 14:24, October 16, 2012 (UTC)Ana
- Yes, the Ice King is legitimately insane. Though... This type of discussion belongs in the forums. Please keep talk page posts to about only improving the article itself. 18:34, October 16, 2012 (UTC)
Simon Petrikov's Home
I believe that Simon Petrikov comes from Poland, for these reasons:
1:) He used to reside in a version of Earth that, before the Great Mushroom War, shows no signs of being significantly different from our own.
2:) The name "Petrikov", or any derivation thereof, has three origins: a town in Belarus, a village and ski resort in the Czech Republic, and a Dutch brand of a certain adult beverage.
3:) After triangulating Belarus, the Czech Republic, and the Netherlands, there is one nation that best fits in the center of the triangle: Poland.
Inductively, the theory is supported by the following facts:
A:) The name "Petrikov" is also a Russian last name; and, in 1939, the U.S.S.R. (currently reduced to Russia,) invaded Poland. Prior to the invasion, Poland and the U.S.S.R. reached a peace-treaty, in which Poland surrendered certain disputed lands to theU.S.S.R.
B:) Following up on the Russia/Petrikov connection... in scenes from his videos, in which the scenery outside is shown, there is distinctly Eastern European architecture, specifically Russian.
C:) Petrikov purchased the Ice King's crown from a Scandinavian dock-worker. The land that is often called "Scandinavia" includes Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. Those nations are close enough to Poland for Petrikov to have relatively little trouble visiting the dock-worker (presuming the dock-worker lived in Scandinavia, as well).
22.214.171.124 07:12, October 17, 2012 (UTC)Al Harris
It has been proven that Simon lived in California or Washington (most likely San Fransisco), from background evidence and other things. If you're going to edit evidence wiki pages (Mushroom War, Simon, Marceline, etc.) you should pay more attention. That's it from me.
I don't agree with the other commenter that the Ice King is from Poland, but I would point out that there isn't really anything in the background of Holly Jolly Secrets Part II that points to California. His mention of Scandinavia and the appearance of the street scenes outside (the architecture of which appears Scandinavian to my eyes at least, and definitely not Californian) makes it seem that in the videos, at least, he is in Scandinavia. In I Remember You, the city does appear to be American, but the Ice King is seen with a backpack. There's no evidence in that episode that he's actually from that city. I'd say there's only evidence that he's spent time in Scandinavia and America, and none that he's from either place.
126.96.36.199 07:15, February 19, 2013 (UTC)
In The Episode I Remember You I thought Ice King And Marceline Were Husband And Wife
188.8.131.52 09:15, October 17, 2012 (UTC)
So I Think This is the story
After The World War Simon Petrikov Saw Marceline Crying.After That Simon Gave Marceline A Teddy Bear And Named It Hambo184.108.40.20609:15, October 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Marceline's species is unknown, the Ice King used to be human, for all we know whatever Marceline was had a longer childhood. 14:54, October 23, 2012 (UTC)
Ice king: I feel bad for the freak.
What I know of the guy and how I feel for 'em
Everyone knows ye good old king 'O ice. I know things about the guy. I can even piece it togetha. if this is too related to a page, I would be OK if this is taken off. (If you can somehow do that.)
Things I know I am about to say to you viewer. I'll say it from then to now.
- Simon buys the crown from a dock worker in northern scandinavia, and doesnt know what he does when he wears it.
- Simon makes the video diary so viewers know his story and forgive him for anything he might do.
- The farther you go into the video, he begins to lose his sanity and his body temp. and his appearance changes.
- (Glitch?) Simon evantualy leaves the ravaged city (in the video the city was covered in snow instead) and finds Marceline alone as a small child, crying, he then goes to a destroyed toy shop and gives her a stuffed animal.
- (this part IDK. this may be learned in the beginning of season 5,)
- "Simon" now has no recollection of his past and is only sad about the fact the he wore glasses than the real purpose of the vid.
I fell sad for him because of the tragedies of his past and he doesn't remember his real self and how he got the crown.220.127.116.11 21:39, November 1, 2012 (UTC)Random person
- This type of discussion belongs in the forums. Please keep talk page posts to about only improving the article itself. 15:08, November 13, 2012 (UTC)
37 or 38?Are you sure that the normal temperature of the human body is 37? I think it's 38. 23:36, November 16, 2012 (UTC)
- According to this article, it's in the range of 36.8-37.0 C. 38 C (100.4 F) is inded a fever.-- Glenn L (talk) 23:44, November 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Please remember to sign your posts with four tildes (~~~~). K. It is not enough to succeed other's must fail.
16:35, September 23, 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah he only lost all of his weight because of a major intense workout.
17:50, November 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Why does Ice_King#Appearance still say he is still thin, he gained his weight back..? Right? 14:24, January 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah he only lost all of his weight because of a major intense workout.
Ice King isn't that bad on the drums. 18.104.22.168 01:50, December 3, 2012 (UTC)
Wouldn't it be awesome if Finn and Jake got a potion from Choose Goose that could give Simon his memory back?! That would be AWESOME!
- He gets beat up all the time, Ricardio broke his bones and ripped out his guts, Betty died (poor Betty), and he lost his memory. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Gerima (talk • contribs)
- Please remember to sign your posts with four tildes (~~~~).
- This type of discussion belongs in the forums. Please keep talk page posts to about only improving the article itself. 20:37, December 18, 2012 (UTC)
In the Ice King orgin section, I noticed in the pictures that in the last one (Number 6: when Simon was saying "Please love me again, Betty!"), Simon's glasses are completely normal, while in his picture with Marceline, his glasses are broken. Can someone please change the order of these photos (for now, until we see more evidence in the series)? We can infer that he shaved a bit and his glasses broke. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- Please remember to sign your posts with four tildes (~~~~). I'd like your feedback as to whether I was brilliant or simply outstanding. 4:53, December 20, 2012 (UTC)
- This type of discussion belongs in the forums. Please keep talk page posts to about only improving the article itself. 16:22, January 21, 2013 (UTC)
i think we need a speculation category. the ice king might be pedophillic. he shows interest in flame princess, who is finns age, and he wanted to bring fionna to life to marry her, who again is finns age. you could argue that he didnt want princess bubblegum when she was 13, but between then and flame princess' introduction, he couldve changed his mind. is this a place to put speculationsas him being a pedophile, or could this just be added to his insanity.Manywikis (talk) 21:28, February 6, 2013 (UTC)
- First of all, Ooo is set in a post apocalyptic world, you don't know how long humans live now and have nothing to base the age of being an adult on, if this were the ancient Egyptian times then Finn and Fionna would be really old adults by now, but thanks to modern medicine we have extended the life of humans, modern medicine that is not entirely available to Finn and Fionna.
- Second of all, this is a wiki, we try to stay away from speculation. 20:59, February 11, 2013 (UTC)