|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the species.|
"The Jiggler" is the sixth episode in the first season of Adventure Time. It is the sixth episode overall.
Finn and Jake rescue Stanley, a watermelon, and his family: a pear, a banana, a pineapple, a link of sausages, and four marshmallows. They take the family back home while Finn sings. On their way back, they meet a baby Jiggler, who whistles and dances to "Baby." They take the Jiggler back home and dance until they become tired.
The following morning, Finn is prepared to party and sees the Jiggler on a couch, looking and acting sickly. Finn thinks that the Jiggler is just hungry and they soon dig through Finn's backpack for some food and find some grapes, that Finn calls purple whatevers, which are fed to the Jiggler. Finn then draws some food items (badly) to determine which food the Jiggler would enjoy. Finn and Jake are then amazed to see that the Jiggler can pull the drawing out of the paper and eat it. Finn then draws a picture of Jake to see if the Jiggler would eat it. Jake freaks out and decides to eat the picture, commenting, "I taste awesome." The Jiggler soon begins to leak pink fluids through its holes which Finn and Jake try to plug up the leaks by using their glass eye and eye patch collections. The pink liquid fills up in the Jiggler, causing it to explode and stretch all over the place. Finn and Jake manage to put the Jiggler back together and see that it is making a picture of the Jiggler's mother out of colored kiss marks. The picture shows that the Jiggler's mother lives near Stanley's house.
They reach a cave and find the Jiggler's mother in a crater that is filled with the same liquid and many other little baby Jigglers. When Finn lets the Jiggler return to its family, the mother does not accept the sick Jiggler. She changes shapes and colors to express her disdain, which angers Finn. Jake then realizes that the Jiggler must smell like the mother and suggests the Jiggler be tossed into the pool with the others. Finn throws the Jiggler into the pool of pink liquid which causes it to regain its color and return to normal. Then the family of Jigglers become happy and begin to whistle a happy song. While Finn and Jake leave, Finn mentions, "I'll never kidnap again." In reply to Finn, Jake says, "Yeah. That was a nightmare," and the episode ends.
- This episode is the debut of Finn's auto-tune voice.
- This episode also features the first song of the series: "Baby."
- In this episode Finn and Jake's Tree Fort appears for the first time.
- Finn's auto-tuned quote, "Let's get this party started!" is used in the game Sound Castle.
- Finn calls grapes "purple whatevers."
- This is the first episode where Finn does not sleep in his sleeping bag.
- The music played during the "Toothbrush Song" is the same music played during the title card.
- This is the first time the Veggie Village is shown, however it is not recognized as such until the episode "Death in Bloom."
- When Finn is making drawings for the Jiggler to eat, Jake colors the banana yellow and the corn red, but when Finn holds up the drawing, the banana and corn are both yellow and the drawing of meat is colored red.
- In the scene when the Jiggler starts to dance, Finn is holding his toothbrush in his right hand. However, after zooming in on the Jiggler, Finn is holding his toothbrush with his left hand.
- When Jake is chasing after the Jiggler and jumps on the record player, his mouth disappears for exactly 6 frames.
- The instrumental for "Baby" was used in a promo for the Adventure Time Cast of Characters marathon.
This episode was censored on Cartoon Network Australia. See Censorship of Adventure Time on Cartoon Network Australia for more information.
|See Full Storyboard|