Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Time Tangle - Adventure Time is a 2014 endless running Adventure Time mobile game for Android and iOS developed by TwinSky Games and produced by CN Games.
While sleeping on a grassy hill, Finn is awoken by a loud beam of energy coming from the forest nearby. When Finn and Jake go to investigate, they find a strange totem conjuring dark powers. Finn punches the evil looking totem, breaking it into pieces and sucking everyone into a portal. Finn later discovers the totem who introduces himself as the Time Totem and explains that by shattering him into pieces, Finn had disrupted time and messed up all heroic deeds in Ooo.
Oh, snaps! Finn broke the Time Totem and junked up all of time. Now there’s only one way to save the day… PUNCHING! Send your fists flyin’ to restore order to the Land of Ooo.
Battle bad guys, save peeps, collect sandwiches, and rebuild spacetime in a non-stop adventure. Thanks to the Time Totem’s quest generator, the fun will never end!
FRIENDS LIKE WHAT
Rescue your friends from the time stream, then unleash their awesome attacks. Call for backup from Jake, Lady Rainicorn, Flame Princess, LSP, Choose Goose, and James Baxter!
BEASTLY BAD GUYS
Go toe-to-toe with Lemongrab, Maja the Sky Witch, Giant Goo Skulls, Forest Wizard, and the Beast himself! Beat their butts to whip time back into shape.
SUPER FRESH VO
Time Tangle includes some tasty cutscenes and 100% original voiceover from Finn and Jake! That’s like math. Run, punch, rinse, repeat. Rebuild all of time in TIME TANGLE!
Time Tangle's is vary reminiscence to that of other runners but offers a bit more diversity and freedom in its gameplay. Finn can move and jump freely as well as punch and use various items and powers. A session of gamepaly consists of Finn being given a task and him running to complete it. Quests can vary quite a bit but most involve making it from point A to point B under different circumstances. When a quest is complete, you will receive Time Crystals that add to a time portal's completion.
Time Tangle has two control types: Tilt and touch. When using tilt, the player tilts device left and right to control Finn's movement. Also by tapping the right side of the screen, Finn will punch, and by tapping the left side, Finn to jump. When using touch controls, Finn's movement is controlled by virtual buttons on the left side of the screen and punch and jump are controlled by two buttons to the right side of the screen.
At the start of each round, Finn is given a quest. The quest type, location, characters, and items involved are randomized. Canonically, these tasks are supposed to help fix the time stream.
- Deliver: Deliver one friend character to another friend character.
- Collect: Collect a certain amount of a collectible item.
- Chase: Chase down a character who is being chased by enemies. Finn will catch up to the pursuers by using the boost pads on the path. Finn will gain that friend once they are reached.
- Rescue: Rescue a character that is being held captive by a boss character. In more challenging time streams, these quests have a second phase where Finn and the friend are running to escape the boss. Finn will gain that friend once they are rescued.
- Showdown: Find a weapon to defeat a large Showdown boss. These are the only moments during gameplay where Finn is not running. The large boss breaks through the ground and blocks the way for Finn.
After the game's tutorial, Finn and Jake are brought to a time stream. The streams are divided into three difficulties: Normal, Hard, and Crazy. To progress through the story, the player must enter portals and collect time shards. Time shards are collected inside each portal by completing quests and fighting bosses. In addition to the portals, the player will also unlock short cinematic involving the Time Totem, Finn, and Jake.
Endless mode is slowly unlocked as the player progresses through the story. Once the story mode is complete, the last lock on the Endless portal is destroyed and the player can access it. This portal is a random compilation of every location, enemy, boss, and difficulty setting from story mode and adds crazy new visual and audio effects to the mix. As the player completes quests, the difficulty increases, the effects get more wild, and everything seems to get stranger overall. The progress players makes in this mode is what gets ranked online for high scores.
The Book is a area in the game's 3D menu that stores all the players progression including personal stats, world wide high scores, player achievements, and a gallery of everything the player encounters in the game. There is also a place to listen to Jakes helpful hints as well as view all the games cinematics.
During each quest, Finn has many opportunities to rescue and collect friends. Once Finn has a friend, they can be used at any time during a quest to produce a character specific power. Jake is the only friend that never needs rescuing and can be picked up by running towards him and sharing a high-five when he appears.
All quests have Finn punching through multiple enemies before the end. Some larger Enemies will cause a mid-air slow motion combo scenario when punched and need to be punched 3 times before dispatching. If Finn misses a punch, the combo is broken and Finn continues on.
- Banana Guard
- Candy Person
- Demonic Eye Creatures
- Jelly Cube
- Mimic Monster
- Party Bears
- Vapor Crabs
- Mountain goat
- Goo Skulls
Some quest types have Finn fighting one of the antagonists from the show. These encounters are known as boss battles. Every boss has their own unique move set and stages. Bosses come in two variations: Rescue and Showdown and will gain or change their moves on different difficulties.
By collecting coins and filling the treasure meter, Finn is given the choice of three random powerups to help him on the forthcoming quests. These are items that Finn equips to gain their effects. Once a portal is cleared or Finn fails a quest, the powerups are destroyed. Some powerups like the Boost Juice are a one time use and will activate on their own at specific moments in a quest.
- Kind Words: Finn will recover health
- Dumb Dust: Makes next quest easier
- Power Juice: Makes Finn's punches more powerful
- Spiky Booties: Lets Finn break anything with a stomp
- Flame Shield: Gives one extra heart
- Treasure Vacuum: Collectibles come right to Finn
- Friendship Bracelet: Jake appears more often
- Power Bracelet: Punches wind up faster
- Maximum Glove: Charged punches are super powerful!
- Chicken Spray: Turns all enemies into chickens
- Golden Nose: Fills the treasure bar up faster
- Demonic Wishing Eye: Gain a heart after every quest
- Shoulder Pads: Gives Finn one extra heart
- Boost Juice: Boosts Finn to next goal super fast. Finn is invulnerable in this time
- Speed Stick: Boost pads boost further
- Like-Like Sweater: Gives Finn one extra heart
- Cool Guy Shades: Friend powers last longer
- Telephone: Gives one random friend
While there are several different weapons Finn can collect, they all behave in the same way. Once collected, Finn can break through any obstacle. A random weapon will always be collected before fighting a showdown boss.
- Demon Blood Sword
- Sword Fish
- Giant Hammer
- Keytar of Hope
- Glowing sword
- Ax Bass
- Aluminum Spork
- Club of Clubbing
- Kick Stick
Items that are collected to complete a Collect quest type. Once the number of items has been collected, the quest is accomplished. The items have no other uses in the game.
As Finn completes quests, he gains the help of some of his friends. Each friend can be used as a power at any time and some friends have different effects depending on when they are used.
- Jake Suit: Activates when Finn's health is low. Finn becomes invulnerable and can punch through anything. The suit goes away faster if Finn doesn't punch through objects because it hurts Jake.
- Jake Hammer: Jake stretches his fist into a hammer shape and smashes any boss.
- Stretchy Powers: Jake's main power when Finn's health is normal and isn't fighting a boss. Jake stretches out and clears the path of any obstacle or enemy.
- Flame Princes: Flies beside Finn and shoots fire to clear the path.
- Lumpy Space Princess: She gets in the way of the camera and makes remarks to Finn. She will remain in the way for a while unless she runs into an obstacle herself.
- James Baxter: If Finn's health is low, it is refilled but if it is full, Finn gains invulnerability.
- Choose Goose: The treasure meter fills and the player can pick from three random powerups.
- Lady Rainicorn
- During a normal quest, she will scoop Finn up and fly with him breaking everything in their path.
- During a boss battle, she swoops in and deals damage to the boss.
- Time Totem: He will freeze time allowing Finn to run past obstacles. Chase quests can be skipped entirely using this power.
- The song "Puncha yo Buns" was used in the commercial on the Cartoon Network website to promote the game.
- The Snail makes a rare appearance in the game.
- Runic code can be seen on the cover of The Book in the menu.
- If your treasure meter is full at the end of a quest, you can pick from one of three randomly chosen pieces of temporary equipment. One of these is the Maximum Glove, which may be alluding to Nintendo's Power Glove accessory for the Nintendo Entertainment System. It may also reference the Maximum Glove from Regular Show.