|This article is about the character. You may be looking for the episode.|
Tree Trunks is first seen in the Adventure Time opening sequence in the candy kingdom. She is officially introduced in "Slumber Party Panic" and "Evicted!" but only has very minor appearances. She is later featured in the self-titled episode "Tree Trunks." After taking a bite out of the Crystal Gem Apple, she appears to mysteriously explode, but is later seen laughing and walking happily. It is later revealed that she had become the insane overlord of the Crystal Dimension. She tries to make Finn rule with her, but Finn and Jake defeat her knights and rescue her from her insanity. She is then later seen in "Apple Thief when she asumes some ne'er-do-well steals her apples and it's up to Finn, Jake, Mr. Pig and Tree Trunks herself to solve the mystery. In "Dream of Love," Tree Trunks is in a romantic relationship with Mr. Pig. In "Burning Low," Tree Trunks appears in Jake's dream after he falls asleep during Princess Bubblegum's explanation of why Finn should not see Flame Princess anymore. In "Love Games," she dances in the Slime Kingdom with Mr. Pig, and in "Apple Wedding," she marries him. In "Escape from the Citadel," she begins to suggest she and Mr. Pig get a "di—" when the doorbell rings. They open the door to find The Lich, now a giant baby, and Tree Trunks joyfully exclaims that this "changes everything." In "Summer showers" she has the part of "Miranda Hobson" until she tells Mr. Pig that there is a kissing scene and he was not happy so she lost the part.
In "Ring of Fire", a lot of information on Tree Trunks' past is revealed. It revealed that she is from Tiny Mammal Kingdom. After graduating high school she had plans of adventure but, her high school sweetheart, Randy proposed to her. The two had a small wedding at a local courthouse. Right before they were going to leave for their honeymoon, Tree Trunks left Randy and went away to sea. At sea she became the captain of a pirate ship. She then came across an attractive boar named Danny. Tree Trunks decided to leave the ship and be with Danny. They quickly married on a nearby island. That night Tree Trunks found out that Danny had only married her with intentions of getting her away from the pirate ship so she divorced him and marooned him on the island. With all of her treasure Tree Trunks became the owner of a shipping company. She had a secretary named Wyatt. She fell in love with him, and the two eventually married, unlike her previous husbands whom she married within a short amount of time. However, after years of marriage Tree Trunks and Wyatt stopped getting along, and ended up divorcing.
Tree Trunks has the personality of a gentle, older Southern woman, complete with a Texan accent and a polite, complimentary disposition. Throughout her titular episode, she constantly puts herself in dangerous situations—much to Finn's annoyance—due to her naïveté. She often uses her cuteness to complete tasks by wearing a lot of makeup and seducing her subjects. While riding on Finn's back, Jake says she could ride higher on his back, but Finn stops him, saying she has a weak heart. Based on the events in Blade of Grass, she can tell whether swords are cursed or not through the way the sword perfectly slices through an apple.
Tree Trunks loves to bake, as seen in "Slumber Party Panic," where she's seen carrying hot buns. In her self-titled episode, she makes Finn and Jake apple pies. She seems to be a perfectionist when it comes to her pies, going to a very dark place if anything goes wrong with one of them. After she is released from her Crystal Gem power in "Crystals Have Power," Tree Trunks tells Finn that she likes him a lot. This strikes an odd chord with most viewers as Tree Trunks, based off her voice and personality, is an older character and Finn was a thirteen-year-old boy at the time. She also adopted a baby in "Escape from the Citadel" which is strange she seems to be elderly. In the same episode, Jake calls her "sassy," though it is highly likely he was talking about Quartzion. But Tree Trunks still loves Finn and nothing will change her mind about it.
Tree Trunks also seems to have very strong, but misguided morals as in "Apple Thief," she would turn herself in for stealing her own apples and in Dream of Love, where she and Mr. Pig would publicly share their affection with each other, and although they try, they hide it poorly. Tree Trunks also doesn't want the two to stay at her house because it would be inappropriate for an unmarried couple to stay in the same house. However, at the beginning of the episode, Tree Trunks mentions that Mr. Pig had been staying with her since the affairs in "Apple Thief."
She is a small, yellow-green elephant with wrinkly skin. She also has a small pink bow tied onto her tail. Her ears resemble oven mitts. As of "Apple Wedding," Tree Trunks wears a wedding ring on her left front leg after marrying Mr. Pig.
Quartzion the Crystal Queen
In "Crystals Have Power," Tree Trunks returns with a new evil personality as main antagonist and mastermind of the episode. It is revealed that when she ate the Crystal Gem Apple and exploded, she was actually sent to the Crystal Dimension. There, she became Quartzion the Crystal Queen and ruled the Crystal Guardians, who were in love with her. Although the apple also gave her ultimate power, it overwhelmed her and made her, as Finn put it, "bananas with crystal power." Noticeable physical changes were present when she became Quartzion, as she grew to a significantly larger size and gained both gem-shaped eyes and a gray tint to her skin color. Her belly became pink. The abilities that she gained from eating the Crystal Gem Apple included flight via flapping her ears and the ability to shoot a highly destructive energy beam from her trunk. She had her Crystal Guardians kidnap Finn after she fell madly in love with him, with the intention of transforming him into her "sexy crystal king," to which Jake tried to stop them using non-violence. When Finn refused to be her king, she tried to kill him and Jake while still trying to convince Finn to marry her. After Jake realizes that he can hurt anybody that is evil from a vision with his father, he kicks the Crystal Gem Apple out of Tree Trunks and she returns to normal, with Finn also reverting to his normal form. She apologizes and admits her admiration for Finn, and goes back with Finn and Jake for apple pie through a portal generated by the Crystal Gem Apple.
Though not the best with enemies, she does have some special abilities which are yet to be exploited during the series. Her trunk can stretch to about two feet more than its original length. Also, like regular elephants, she can drink a large amount of water that she can spit at enemies. She also seems to have a good amount of strength when she managed to break her handcuffs in the episode "Apple Thief," which made the Banana Guards say "Wow" in amazement. With her sweetness and makeup, she can sometimes stall and seduce enemies. When she ate the Crystal Apple, she gained the ability to fly and shoot an energy beam from her trunk which can disintegrate any person. She also makes excellent apple pies, which even the Earl of Lemongrab has deemed "acceptable."
- "Tree Trunks"
- "Crystals Have Power"
- "Apple Thief"
- "Dream of Love"
- "Five More Short Graybles" (grayble)
- "Mystery Dungeon
- "Apple Wedding"
- "Summer Showers"
- "High Strangeness"
- "Ring of Fire"
- "Slumber Party Panic" (debut)
- "Video Makers"
- "Holly Jolly Secrets Part II"
- "Burning Low" (dream cameo)
- "Love Games"
- "Blade of Grass"
- "Bad Timing"
- "Escape from the Citadel"
- "Thanks for the Crabapples, Giuseppe"
- "Joshua and Margaret Investigations"
- "Jake The Brick (cameo)
- "Dentist (cameo)
- "The Cooler"
- "The Pajama War"
- "Gold Stars"
- "Hoots" (cameo)
- "Be Sweet"
- "The Comet" (cameo)
- "Beyond the Grotto" (Bush Boots, Grotto Version)
- "Two Swords" (pictured)
- "Skyhooks" (Treat Trunks)
- "Hero Heart" (Treat Trunks)
- "Skyhooks II"
- "Whispers" (flashback, non-speaking)
- "Always BMO Closing"
- "Seventeen" (flashback)
Main article: Tree Trunks's relationships
See Tree Trunks/Quotes.
- Tree Trunks explodes in the episode "Tree Trunks," but was seen dancing in "Evicted!" According to Pendleton Ward, this is because "Evicted!" takes place before "Tree Trunks."
- Originally, in the episode "Tree Trunks," the episode creators wanted Tree Trunks just to explode, but the Cartoon Network officials thought that it would be too morbid for younger viewers. However, in the "My Two Favorite People" DVD release, the scene of Tree Trunks in the Crystal Dimension was not included.
- She can get a recently baked pie from the oven with just her trunk without suffering a burn.
- In "Video Makers," she is shown to be in Finn and Jake's Movie Club.
- Tree Trunks might have the abilities to understand which thing is cursed, as she knew that Finn's grass sword was cursed right after checking her cut apple.
- Her favorite drink is apple juice, as shown in "Video Makers."
- Tree Trunks has lipstick according to Finn in "Crystals Have Power."
- She has a gender swapped version of herself named Tail Tufts.
- Tree Trunks has 3 ex-husbands.
- Tree Trunks uses her trunk to water her garden.
- Tree Trunks lives in the Grasslands which is part of the Candy Kingdom, as evidenced by being arrested by the Banana Guards in "Apple Thief" and being invited to the Candy Kingdom by Princess Bubblegum in "Slumber Party Panic."
- Tree Trunks can control her ears and raise them so that they look like wings, as seen in the episode "Apple Thief."
- Before season 6, she had starred in at least one episode for each season ("Tree Trunks" in season 1, "Crystals Have Power" in season 2,"Apple Thief" in season 3, "Dream of Love" in season 4 and "Mystery Dungeon," "Five More Short Graybles," and "Apple Wedding" in season 5).
- Season 5 is the first season that Tree Trunks has more than one major role.
- She did not have a major appearance in season 6 making it the first season she did not have a major appearance, but has the most episode appearances by far with a total of 11 episodes.
- Technically, when she became Quartzion, she became a temporary magic user.
- The name Quartzion comes from the mineral quartz.
- Writing under the pen name T.T. MacDangereuse, Tree Trunks is credited as the author of the Epic Tales from Adventure Time series.
- According to the Adventure Time Theme Song, Tree Trunks is in the Candy Kingdom in part of the song, which might mean that the forest she is living in is near or in the Candy Kingdom. In the Adventure Time Encyclopædia, the updated map shows that her house is just outside of the main Candy Kingdom walls.
- In "Mystery Dungeon," Tree Trunks mispronounces almost everyone's names. She calls Ice King "Ice Cream," Lemongrab "Lemoncarb," and Neptr "Nectar," making Shelby the only one whose name is pronounced correctly. This may be because she had already known his name before or by the time of "Five More Short Graybles" or "Video Makers."
- In "Be Sweet", Lumpy Space Princess refers to Tree Trunks and Mr. Pig as "Mr. and Mrs. Pig-Trunks", implying "Trunks" may be her last name.
- In "High Strangeness," it is shown that Tree Trunks and Mr. Pig have a picture of Finn at the head of their bed.
|The full image gallery for Tree Trunks (character) may be viewed at Tree Trunks (character)/Gallery.|