Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There's been a lot of controversy about Princess Bubblegum as a character. To be completely fair, she is fairly young, and mainly protecting her people. But she has made several insensitive, even mean, decisions during her time in the show. A lot of this (the jellyfish, torturing the Ice King, the Duke of Nuts incident) are not shipping-related, but a lot of it (insensitively rejecting Finn) is shipping related. But perhaps the most logical reason a few fans have for disliking PB is her mistreatment of her "special" creation/son.
Hear me out here- I think that PB was WAY too hard on Lemongrab. Sure; LG is a tyrannical jerk, but her mistreatment towards him pretty much dwarfs every bad decision he's ever made.
- Deciding to make him in the first place, knowing that something could possibly go horribly wrong.
- Gawking him as he panicked, instead of immediately comforting him.
- Sticking him in an isolated castle to live a friendless life.
- Referring to him as an experiment gone wrong when he was within earshot.
- Causing him physical pain, which made him cry and scream.
- Assigning him with a task he was obviously not capable of performing well.
- Blaming him when he did a terrible job ruling, even though he obviously isn't used to being alive.
- Firing him rudely and insulting him, when all he did was try to do his job the only way he knew how.
- Visibly acting ashamed of him when speaking about him to Finn.
- Deciding to have him be raised by servants, who ended up spoiling him so badly he didn't know where food came from.
- Naming him Lemongrab. I mean... seriously. What kind of a name is Lemongrab?!
Sure he's a butt, but I don't think he deserved all of that.
What do you think? Please comment and discuss!