WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!! >:(Edit
Actually, Caps give an emphasis on the given situation, if it just plain then it is A BIG NO-NO crap. Ok.
17:40, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't believe this site's style guide has a rule about using Caps, but there is a specific rule against it on Wikipedia's style guide. The proper way to format emphasis is by using italics. However, "emphasis" in this sense means putting stress on a specific word or phrase. Caps wasn't used for emphasis in the article in question (and the other ones I've removed caps from), but to make the text "louder" instead. Writing "ADVENTURE TIME!" is informal and superfluous. The exclamation point is already there to imply that it was shouted. Lailokentheyeti (talk)
- Ok. Just so you know. You should check this out, 1:50, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Stop putting that picture up. I saw it... You're hilarious... but it's too big and annoying and I don't want it left on here. Lailokentheyeti (talk) 05:02, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
Actually, some of the quotes your removed was pretty memorable. Like Sleds are for suckers. Also the Baby Shoes... also house hunting was Wild. they are pretty memorable and found early in the show's episodes.
- 11:10, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
- You should really read first before removing the content, they were actually pretty good quotes. Now, WHY DID YOU REMOVE IT? EXPLAIN! >:D
- Every quote you mentioned is still there. I reorganized the quotes (as I said in the edit summary), so they are in chronological order now. Admittedly it's difficult to tell which ones I deleted from the change log, but I figured if they are memorable enough someone will add them back. A few quotes I did get rid of were, "Don't do anything stupid," "The Morrow is a bird," and "Dude. Seriously." Lailokentheyeti (talk) 19:48, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
Adam Muto said we should not be using any Formspring answers on the wiki. Even if it may not be a joke, I think they might be excuses or something for plot holes and animation errors. Besides that... I do not know, but we may as well listen and not use the answers as references. That said, yes, a lot of the answers should probably be removed. By the way, the info about the Party God being a god is still there since it should be pretty obvious that it is true... heh. --01:23, August 15, 2012 (UTC)
Edit Question Edit
- Lol, I didn't even notice the clear part. The only part I saw was that the }} was moved up a line. I've seen others do this and was just curious. No worries. EvergreenFir 04:57, August 15, 2012 (UTC)
Re:Party God SpeculationEdit
If there are almost no resemblances to what something may be reference to, then the info can be removed. We have allowed trivia bits about cultural references for a very long time, so trivia sections will not be getting any longer, as you said they will. --23:27, August 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Did I not say that wild guesses can be removed? That is kind of what I meant when I said "if there are almost no resemblances to what something may be reference to, then the info can be removed." -- 23:55, August 15, 2012 (UTC)
Re: The Sun isn't called SolEdit
- You said it yourself, "Sol is the Latin name for the Sun"
- A name is what you call something, therefore the sun is called, Sol. ƒelinoel ~ (Talk) 23:26, August 22, 2012 (UTC)
Jake and LadyEdit
Het Lailokentheyeti, I was wonderin why u removed the stuff i added to Jake and Lady's pages, they both don't diobey the rules Jake really does explain the tiers and it is not really shown why Lady knows about the first zombie attack. plz reply Wikia Contributer —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- The tiers speech was already mentioned in the same paragraph and full quotes didn't need to be added since they don't, by themselves, have much to do with Finn and Jake's relationship. The full speech is already in a couple places on this wiki. As for Lady not seeing the zombies, she was in the closet when they attacked, but she did see them afterward. 04:18, August 25, 2012 (UTC)
What is your opinion about the Interwiki Links? Do we still need them?
Yo, thanks for sending me a message on my talk page. I'll start off by saying that I agree with you. From experiences though, some things that are posted are better to post than to edit war them. In the past and roughly just before you joined back in July, we had plenty of issues of people jumping the gun on episodes or posting random nonsense.
A notable example was You Made Me. It made me so mad I would log off my pc over the nonsense. People were assuming specific characters would appear by posting it on the page weeks before it aired, and before we had official confirmation on the episode characters. Even before that, we were getting assumptions of its relation to Lemongrab. I would remove some information, then a few minutes later Joe-whatever would post it back up. I would remove the same info again than WC would add it back. Some information, like the posting of latest appearance, is just posted to avoid drama like this.
Generally, when we know an episode is airing the following week with specific characters that are confirmed from media, the AT blog, etc... we generally post the information on their pages for latest appearances or other info like from comic con sneak peaks; however, we do remove any sections talking about the episode based on commercials or giving what might come about for a character, or even description of previews on character/episode pages. Yes, the episode has not aired yet, but it is not giving anything further than just the next episode they will appear in. Once the media comes up, it is going to get posted by WCs and other users who don't follow the mos whether we post this info or not.
In the past, several admins, contributors and I have skipped on posting last seen info on characters when we get the info. From what I recall, we tend to get the same issue posting or not posting that info. This was formerly remedied by page locking the episode pages or character pages... but the admins have been pretty lax the past couple of months on locking the episode pages. In my opinion, it is not really a waste of time. We have the information, so we might as well post it since the media is out and confirmation is set. The other characters that are confirmed later does not cause these posting to be a waste; rather, there is no time lost in posting these since all it takes is a simple edit or page creation for new characters.
If it were up to me, I would lock episode pages until the day of airing. I would also like character pages locked for those episodes when we know they will be in the episode to avoid assumption edits. For now though, we just need to carefully monitor what people post and remove it with a reason in the summary. Yeah, it is pointless, but this is part of contributing to a wiki by removing the unneeded and keeping the confirmed info.08:05, September 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for responding back. Yeah... I took my break from the wiki just before that episode aired (long story). I was looking at the history last weekend and was just shaking my head over the nonsense and assumptions being made. I know admins can lock a page to let only admins edit the page, which is what they used to do. Currently though, they are locked from random WCs. There should be some of the later episodes that might still have a admin only lock on them.
- lol yeah, of course character pages seem strict... and main characters would technically be locked for an infinite amount of time. A bit narrow sighted, I'll admin that. But you are indeed correct by setting down the line and staying firm on what should be done. We want a firm hand to control the posting of info, then we need to have a unified way of releasing information and what to hold and wait for until the episode officially airs.
- Though, consider it my lack of sleep from overlooking one detail last night (it was like 1am when I made that last post). We also face the issue of time zones on when the episode airs, which I know is a problem for me since I generally get the episode 2-3 hours later than the rest of the wiki. What is unaired on west coast is unaired in the east and pacific islands. I think that would be ideally controlled by waiting until all time zones in the US has passed or wait for 12am on the east coast since all time zones would have seen it by then for the episode info to be posted. Then let contributors run-amuck with posting the new info.
- Yeah, the unspoken rules was another thing that bugged me with this wiki. I also see a lot of personal, and or rules that really need to be stated in the site rules and stuff that needs to be included in the MoS. It is really helping me with another wiki I am on by helping me develop an effective MoS and rules. We also have an issue where something major is changed, but not greatly announced. 16:09, September 13, 2012 (UTC)
Hello. You've been granted rollback permissions on this wiki. If you want to learn more about rollback, see this article on wikipedia. Please only use rollback to revert vandalism or to correct errors where no explanation is required. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Thanks.
22:45, September 13, 2012 (UTC)
Congrats on rollback! :D Your edits are always very high quality; we appreciate that a ton!
23:25, September 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Awesome! Congrats on the promotion. You deserved it. Keep it up! 23:38, September 13, 2012 (UTC)
Ok, sorry for creating the brazilian dub page.
I just did it because Bulbapedia ("Pokémon wiki") and Tokyo Mew Mew wiki have a page about the brazilian version, and I thought AT wiki should have it, too. But it's ok, sorry for the incinvinience ^^—Preceding unsigned comment added by João Guilherme (talk • contribs)
- Please remember to sign your posts with four tildes (~~~~).
- No the pokemon wiki closed down and are now the Marriland wiki-like thing. ƒelinoel ~ (Talk) 14:02, October 29, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you Edit
HELLO02:19, October 18, 2012 (UTC)
They haven't broken the 26 episode-per-season format yet, so let's cross our fingers.
Re: Best I can do without a modelsheet.Edit
Re:Background music pages Edit
Ah, I see. I was unaware of the conversations, I just went by the deletion markings. I will see what I can do about getting the history of those pages.
01:28, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
Quick update, I did restore the page here: http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Party_With_The_Chief. That's the only one that I deleted, so I'm not sure about the others.
01:31, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
Ah yes, my apologies. That page was also restored.
01:41, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
BMO Noire Edit
I am a wikia contributor, and yesterday I made my first edit.
You see, like you, I've seen that all the articles related to "BMO Noire" are a mess; in some, the storyline is refered to as imaginary, and in others, as real. You even brought this up on the talk page. So, I wanted to make somewhat of a peace treaty - I wrote in the trivia section that "the episode is filled with hints that the plot of the episode is nothing but a part of BMO's imagination". But Flambo the Epic Epic edited it out. I wrote it down again, but he kept editing it out.
So I need your opinion - do you want the storyline to be refered to as "it's real - full stop" or "it might be real, but..." —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) 03:11, January 18, 2013. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Due to this wiki being popular there will always be edits by a lot of IPs and new users. Many long time contributors can not catch each edit, thus if you see mistakes or vandalism they should be reverted. If you have a discussion on what can be done to improve the page, then you use the articles Talk page. -- Bunai82 (talk) 09:40, January 18, 2013 (UTC)