Hi, welcome to Adventure Time with Finn and Jake Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the BUFO page.
Re: Admin Request
Hi. I responded to the "Elite Editors" forum thread. Regarding your admin request, we like to wait before promoting someone to admin, just to be sure they have the right temperament and understanding of this wiki's systems. This is not one of those wikis that has a hundred admins. But of course you understand that you don't need to be an admin to do most of the things you're talking about doing. If you want to work on better defining standards, then by all means, let's start a discussion on that, perhaps in a forum thread. Thanks.--Cornprone 01:32, May 19, 2011 (UTC)
"Beat the Bastards" ~Accept
Hey man, thanks for taking such innitiative on this wiki with the Elite Editors idea. I want you to know you have my support, and if we can actually organize this, then I'd like to participate in the project. Peace out, man. Bankaibuddy15 02:11, May 19, 2011 (UTC)Bankaibuddy15
Hi. I'm deleting the page you made, as per your request. If you want to add things to the existing community guidelines pages like the Manual of Style, feel free to create a thread with suggestions in the forum. If there is community consensus, we can add things to those pages. Thanks. --Cornprone 06:49, May 20, 2011 (UTC)
Hallo Uly. Dies ist Cerek. Mein Benutzername ist Kerec6 wenn Sie wissen wollten.
We don't have a set policy, but here's what I think off the top of my head:
- The first thing to understand is that there are only a few things an admin can do that regular users can't: They can protect pages, delete pages, and block users. Being an admin should not be about having a position of power or influence. It's just about whether you're able to do those three things responsibly. Please understand that not everyone who meets these qualifications is necessarily going to be made an admin; we only need enough admins at any given time to handle these three tasks.
- That said, these are the qualifications for being an admin:
- You have shown dedication and reliability by making positive contributions to the wiki.
- You have enough understanding of the technical workings of MediaWiki to know how to properly protect/unprotect pages, block users and delete pages.
- You have a strong understanding of this particular wiki's established standards and policies.
- You have the right temperament when dealing with others and will not abuse your powers.
Anyway, that's just my thoughts. You'll want to see if the other bureaucrats agree or have their own thoughts. (Tavisource and Waddle D33 are the others who have been active recently.) --Cornprone 00:22, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Administration Page
Thanks for the message about the new Task Force. Here is a list of the admins and bureaucrats on the wiki.
Asterisks denote bureaucrat rights.20:04, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
Im I in your task force? Jones143!
So are we friends? and how do I put myself on the page? Jones143! 00:19, May 24, 2011 (UTC)
Task Force quiz
Hey, I would like to take the quiz mentioned here but before I do I would like to state that I would be following the rules stated here for the oxford comma, in case usage of that comma come up since it is accepted use to either use it or not. I guess I could take Princesses when it comes to it since there isn't much left? felinoel ~ (Talk) 13:18, May 24, 2011 (UTC)