|Known characters|| Marceline|
Marshall Lee (fictional)
Vampire King (deceased)
Keila (comic only)
|Latest appearance||"The Comet"|
Vampires are a little-known species in Adventure Time. Their self-proclaimed queen is Marceline. As a result, all known vampire-related information is currently based purely on her. Pendleton Ward stated that there was also a Vampire King that was killed by Marceline. They are all undead and are known for craving the color red. It is unknown if the vampires have a kingdom. They have been shown to possess the powers of levitation, pyrokinesis, telekinesis, invisibility, and necromancy, as well as the ability to shape shift into numerous monstrous forms, including a bat, a wolf, a reptilian creature, or a tentacled monster. Also, unlike traditional vampires, they are capable of sustaining themselves on "shades of red," such as the color in strawberries, and are not limited to surviving on blood. Vampires are far stronger than a normal person and have an evolved sense of smell. They also possess marvelous fighting skills. So far, they have been shown to be vulnerable to sunlight, garlic (possibly), and stakes, which are classic vampire weaknesses. Marceline states "Vampires can't beat Ghosts; it's like a rock-paper-scissors thing," in "Heat Signature."
Marceline claims that she is their queen, as she states her title is "Vampire Queen." Formerly, there could have been a Vampire King.
- Marceline is truly the queen of vampires, because she appeared at the meeting of Ooo Royalty in "The Duke."
- Marceline's father was stated by Adam Muto to be more of a demonic creature, which leads many to consider him not a vampire.
- As Marceline is the only known vampire, all information comes from her. This complicates things as she is also part demon. As such some "vampire" powers may actually be demon powers.
- Marceline has bite marks on her neck in her current state, but they were not visible on her neck as a child ("Memory of a Memory") nor on the neck of Farmworld Marceline, who is visibly older. This implies she was bitten by a vampire at some point after splitting with Simon Petrikov, but this did not occur in the Farmworld reality, and that her half-demon blood, while it does slow her aging (she lived at least 1003 years), having vampire powers greatly slowed her aging even more so.
- ↑ http://new.spring.me/#!/buenothebear/q/868104983
- ↑ http://new.spring.me/#!/MrMuto/q/193107441351685637